Thread: Poetry

Default Poetry

Here is something I wrote for my English Class

We were asked to write a dating ad in MLA Format here is the outcome:

Happiness needs to be shared, let's not be greedy!

Have you ever looked back and realized the power to fulfill all of your dreams, yet love is something too strong even for you to conquer? To understand love is to understand true happiness. It starts with family, therefore it is natural to say that acquiring an extension of that family is only one of the few gifts from finding true love.

Selfishly speaking, no one should settle for less then what they feel is fair or deserving. A suitable example of sacrifice is at the grocery store, when you ask for paper and they ran out, therefore

you must settle for plastic – something you did not want. One must never settle when it comes to matters of the heart, yet here we are. On this endless at times unsettling pursuit. How do you nourish a noble spirit, especially one who comes with infinite vitality and passion?

My name is Hope. An intriguing, inquisitive, free spirit who's genuinely dynamic, effortlessly silly, unpredictable and terribly complexed. A woman who wears her heart on her sleeves. An adaptable survivor who's goals are not too far from reach, with deeply grounded roots from dreams that do not
    question the realm of reality.

Standing five foot seven, one hundred forty five pounds, medium to fair skin, a brunette with deep almond brown eyes. Born in Brasil, the daughter of a Brasilian mother and German American father, my family and I moved to the United States when I was fourteen years old in hopes my father could provide us with a better life in his home country.

I have a vast taste in food. Aside from Brasilian, my favorite include Japanese and Cuban cuisine. I love a nice strong cup of coffee, which is an addiction I blame my parents for, filling my baby bottles with the “Nectar of the Gods” , I don't have a personality until my 3rd cup. Aside from coffee, any recipe with caramel falls under some of my indulgences.

I love to travel both in the states and internationally. Japan was magical during the spring and summer of 1994. Climbing Mount Fuji was an incredible experience. I long to someday touch the feet of the Sphinx as I sink my feet in the Giza sand, as well as walking though the towering pillars of the Pantheon ruins, hopefully in the company of that special someone.

Contrary to listing numerous qualities and coming across as unimaginative, I will say this: I am looking for a friend who measures up to my zest for life yet contrasts that of mine in a deeper level. A friendship I will never stop exploring. A simple man who does not take himself or others too seriously, one who is willing to take optimistic risks.

I would be pleased to discover sensitivity in a rich confident character through our exploration. His masculinity does not influence his liberal views of the diversity in life, and most importantly that found in my friendships. My mother always said: “ God does not send anyone down alone, everyone
    has a soul mate. “ Altho I am not a strong supporter of religion I do believe my mother to be a very wise woman.

In conclusion, I find mutual attraction to be one of the building blocks to a healthy prosperous relationship, hence my need to find a mate who is physically and mentally prepared to keep up with my very energetic, healthy lifestyle. Positive habits create positive outcomes.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Very nice. I hope you find your guy.