Page 13 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363113 ... LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Default Re: Climate change could mean the extinction of our species

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    That's your choice to be selfish. And I don't think anyone is suggesting we all become troglodytes. Are they??? ha! ha!
    It's unrealistic to think we can give up, say, all our technology, our modern lifestyle. It's absurd... for anyone to suggest that.
    The likes of Bill McKibben are simply suggesting switching to alternative forms of energy. And, too, it'd bring about competition for the heavily subsidized... and I mean, heavily subsidized fossil fuel industry. We need competition in our markets, as it were. Bringing about more wind, more solar etc... would hopefully bring about that competition.
    And, too, the concentration of corporate power -- whether it's Microsoft or Exxon -- isn't healthy for a capitalist society. Capitalism is supposed to be about competition.
    What we have is the oil industry being, again, heavily subsidized by the U.S. taxpayers. This isn't capitalism. It's corporatism.
    Ron Paul has said we should STOP subsidizing the fossil fuel industry. I agree.
    Let's have some competition. Let's stop giving the oil industry an unfair advantage by SUBSIDIZING them.
    the Juliar gillard Labour government of Australia wants us all to live in darkness and poverty.She wants to kill off our industries and our quality of life and make most of our population unemployed lol

live with honour

Can we make these changes in a way that the "ruling class" represented by lefty politicians and their lap dog media have to have the same shortages of resources they want to foist on everyone else
    Not everyone. Just you. Since we rule, we can just put the shortages on the mentally inferior right wing wanna-be usurpers & other enemies of democracy.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried View Post
    Not everyone. Just you. Since we rule, we can just put the shortages on the mentally inferior right wing wanna-be usurpers & other enemies of democracy.
    Thank you for showing the true colors of the left - probably once again. Your idea of democracy most likely includes a single vote for a slate of slave masters and then no more votes are required.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Thank you for showing the true colors of the left
    Are you reading-challenged or are you simply too stupid to understand sarcasm? Just curious.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Rookie Poster

I apologize. I was looking at the message behind the sarcasm - that wasn't there. I don't have any love for the republicans either - they love to sit on their thumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by w1s2x3 View Post
    Where are the 50 million global climate change refugees predicted 10 years ago?
    The sun is leaving it's peak activity and starting to quiet. We will be burning more oil, coal and natural gas to stay warm.
    What reputable source predicted there would be 50 million global climate change refugees by 2010? Names and specific references please. Where these refugees supposed to be from rising oceans? From growing arid regions? Refugees from the increase in hurricane, tornado and storm activity? Refugees from the increase in uncontrollable fires? Be specific.

The near periodic fluctuations in coronal and solar spot activity is detectable as frequency and amplitude modulations in the radio bands here at Earth, but there is very little effect on the solar luminosity. That's why it's call the solar constant. Consequently Sun spot activity doesn't correspond with any statistical fluctuation in weather activity nor climate. We will not be burning more fossil fuels to stay warm because of a diminution of coronal activity.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Bring it on, Climate Change! I got yer extinction of our species right here for 'ya! I hate this World more than you do! Go back to Russia!

Climate change lives in Russia?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/06/14/ice_age/

Climate change continues:

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...nimum-climate/

I addressed this issue several times in the past:
    http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/sho...6&postcount=27

The variation in the solar energy flux is swamped by comparison to the mean flux itself.

[recently ran across this:
    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/ba...a-new-ice-age/ ]

Last edited by trish; 06-18-2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: [edits in square brackets]

5 Star Poster

hi Trish how is life treating you.Hope you are happy and healthy

live with honour