Page 117 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1767107112113114115116117118119120121122127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1813
    Senior Member Veteran Poster Dahlia Babe Ailhad's Avatar

Lightbulb More like, man, himself, will cause the extinction of our species

Good morning everybody,

MAN!
    What can we expect from a species that poisons it's own bodies and families with tobacco smoke and thinks it's alright.

I am not sure if this video was already posted into this thread or not.
    I don't have time, nor the desire, to sift through all 116 posts.

I am not sure how many HU members have seen this video as it's received over 11 million views, so far. So, it's nothing new.

It really relates to this thread topic.

It's sad but, seemingly, true.

Babe,
    xoxo

youtube.com/watch?v=WfGMYdalClU

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Dahlia Babe Ailhad; 12-05-2014 at 06:42 PM.
    "I just wish you'd shut the fuck up for a bit. You're a bit too self-important." - GroobySteven

"You are, indeed, the dumbest dipshit on the internet." - trish

"I can't stand Dahlia Babe Ailhad, I want to reach into my screen and grab the DBA by (its) neck and just squeeze tightly until it stops kicking." - AshlynCreamher

"You have been banned for the following reason:
    Derailing threads and absolutely irritation self promotion. Grow up." - HungAngels moderator

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: Climate change could mean the extinction of our species

Apt video. Haven't seen it before. Your post reminded me that once the planet's atmosphere had very little oxygen. The first photosynthesizing bacteria arrived about three billion years ago. They produced oxygen as a waste product, having no use for it themselves. To most lifeforms back then oxygen was toxic. But instead of building up in the atmosphere this new form of "pollution" was largely used up in oxidation reduction reactions (the weathering of ferrous rock formations etc.) About 50 million years ago, with the arrival more successful photosynthesizing organisms, oxygen started to build up in the atmosphere. As photosynthesizing plants evolved they inadvertently started poisoning themselves and the planet. The new atmospheric gas even kicked off an "ice age" known as the Huronian Glaciation.

Luckily there was a workaround: lifeforms that produced energy with the help of oxygen and produced carbon dioxide as a waste product. One particular species of oxygen user (humans) learned to produced energy by burning fossil fuels outside its body. The process produces even more carbon dioxide waste than their internal metabolic processes do. They use the energy to run their complex hive societies and they're flooding the atmosphere with carbon dioxide. The species is so successful it covers the face of the planet, and doing so it's denuding vast areas that were devoted to photosynthesizing plants that drink up carbon dioxide and produce oxygen. The mean temperature of the planet is consequently rising. The hotter atmosphere holds more water vapor for longer times before releasing it as rain or snow, creating long periods of drought in some regions and torrential downpours in others. The energy imbalance increases the amplitude of jet stream meanders resulting in frigid winters where the meanders dip far to the south and hot crispy summers plagued with forest fires where the meanders climb north.

The moral of the story is that a biological species can (and have many times in the past) effect global climate patterns, cause mass extinctions and resurface the face of the planet. The planet is not an inertial sink which can nonchalantly absorb our abuse like a mother lion might tolerate the rough play of her frolicking cubs. We can and are doing damage to our ecosystem and ourselves: not because we're evil, or greedier than other species...but simply because we're too ignorant to curb our success before it consequences secure our demise.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Exclamation Re: Climate change could mean the extinction of our species

Hi trish,

I will have to disagree on that last bit when you say humans are not greedier than other species.

Humans are the only species on the planet that is greedy.
    We are no longer so ignorant as we were eons ago.
    However back then, there were no factories to pollute the earth.
    Today, "Big Business humans" are greedier than ever - and they know the risks involved and the damage they are doing but they just don't care until someone sees them and complains about the dumping of toxins into the oceans and landfills EVEN if the landfills drain into into bodies of water that become human drinking water.
    They still continue to dump without a care when no one is looking.

Maybe the New World Order should happen and the rules on the Georgia Guide Stones should be the new laws. Maintaining a limited population might be the solution, but not for people like you and me - we are not the elite who will benefit from such a New World Order. We'll be executed like wounded horses,instead.

Call it what you will, but it all boils down to what man has created - industry.
    When the automobile was invented, they should have stopped production when they realized the stench of exhaust fumes, but they didn't. Money!!
    Perhaps, yes, Ford, was ignorant to the damage his stinking invention would cause years later but they are GUILTY to continue to make and sell cars with the combustion engine.
    Electric cars were made years ago and were destroyed because they would KILL the car industry which would hurt the economy - like, WTF?
    They would rather kill the planet instead of a money-making pollution machine that we never really needed.
    Something else would have been invented which might have been much cleaner than a stinky car engine.

Same with smoking cigarettes.
    Greedy tobacco companies would rather kill people for profit just because closing down all the cigarette companies would hurt the economy. The governments are well aware, now, of all of this and they still ALLOW it to continue for profit.

Remember, Valiant Thor once offered the USA government a cure for all human diseases that would stop people from dying from disease.
    The USA government refused the offer saying, "It would hurt the economy of the planet earth."
    GREED!

Humans have far too many useless "toys" and we think they are necessary for our comfort and even our survival. Good ole advertising for ya. They convince us to buy and eat crap just because they make us THINK we would like it.

Wanna save the environment?...we should all stop watching television and listen, instead, to internet radio stations such as www.wbai.org or www.prn.fm

Far too many soda pops on the market, candy companies, too much junk food.
    Far too few companies in charge of the food supply. They control it all. I've read in some USA states it's forbidden by law to even grow your own food in your back yard. I think the reason was because they claimed the ground is not safe enough to grow food in.

I thought homemade, whole wheat, bread was healthy if i used organic flour, until i learned that all the wheat, itself, has been genetically modified. Sure it's organic, organic crap! Not the same strain of wheat is being grown today as was back in the day when all food was all organic.
    Wheat today is addictive. Literally addictive. And it's making people fat and unhealthy.
    Check out William Davis' book called Wheat Belly. There are videos on youtube, also.

Greed. Humans are all about greed and personal profit- unless forced to do otherwise.
    Look at that bogus carbon tax law thingy (whatever it's called) where companies are granted the right to dump.

People are only looking at the state of the earth and not looking at the real issues, the real problem - and that is industry for profit. So long as money is being made, the government will allow it.

Who ever structured our civilization should be have been shot.
    People are still living in the Amazon jungle untouched by modern man. They survive without candy, tv, and all the rest of the crap we would die for.

Babe,
    xoxo

Last edited by Dahlia Babe Ailhad; 12-05-2014 at 09:54 PM.
    "I just wish you'd shut the fuck up for a bit. You're a bit too self-important." - GroobySteven

"I can't stand Dahlia Babe Ailhad, I want to reach into my screen and grab the DBA by (its) neck and just squeeze tightly until it stops kicking." - AshlynCreamher

Derailing threads and absolutely irritation self promotion. Grow up." - HungAngels moderator

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

The (paradoxical) trouble with humans is we think we're the exception to every rule.

Rabbits overbreed in Australia.
    Kudzu displaces most other plantlife in the South.
    Parasitoid flukes kill their hosts.
    Lions overhunt their territories.
    Life, by its very nature is greedy.

In a balanced ecosystem every species is kept in check by another.
    When a check is eliminated (or a new species is introduced that has no check), then a few species will overwhelm and often collapse the whole system. Human's have destroyed almost all the checks. We live in a state of Koyaanisqatsi: Life Out of Balance.

The one thing that could save us is that humans are self-aware: we know that we're greedy and what that greed is doing to the world. But the compulsion to be greedy (that evolution has instilled in us) may be too strong to obviate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0002156.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	770691   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rabbits 2.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	770692  

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

[QUOTE=Dahlia Babe Ailhad;1554726]Hi trish,

I will have to disagree on that last bit when you say humans are not greedier than other species.
    Humans are the only species on the planet that is greedy.
    --There is no doubt that humans are acquisitive, it probably began with the need to store food to make sure there was something to eat in the winter -squirrels do it too. Other birds and animals collect things to make and protect nests. It may be that the accumulation of things generated systems of barter and exchange that created the capitalism which you call 'greed'.

It is also a fact that even before modern industry humans were capable of denuding forests, through slash and burn agricultural strategies; it is claimed that the 90 million odd Americans who lived in your country before the arrival of 'the others' in some places hunted the buffalo to extinction.

Remember, Valiant Thor once offered the USA government a cure for all human diseases that would stop people from dying from disease.
    The USA government refused the offer saying, "It would hurt the economy of the planet earth."
    --Valient Thor? The 464 year old visitor from Venus with six fingers who had an apartment in the Pentagon, met Eisenhower and Ford, and one day flew back to Venus in his flying saucer, lift off from Virginia....please, be realistic: of the two 'known' photos of 'Thor' one has been identified as an army officer who was at the meeting in the Pentagon where he was photographed, the other was a model. There is no life on Venus. The man who proposed this theory was widely recognised as a Christian Evangelist crank; Presidents meet cranks all the time. Eisenhower met one every day, his name was Dicky. Perhaps he was really from Uranus.

There really are more important issues facing planet Earth to deal with that all have practicable solutions. We don't need visitors from Venus to help us defeat smallpox, polio, TB or any other disease.

Wink Greedy squirrels.

Ooops. I tried something that didn't work, so we are stuck with this post, now.

Sorry about that.

Last edited by Dahlia Babe Ailhad; 12-07-2014 at 11:35 PM.

Lightbulb Greedy squirrels.

Hi stavros,

Honestly, sweety. You used all of that effort trying to quote just to try to make a point which you didn't do very well on both accounts, in my humble opinion. I will try to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros (who has difficulty using the quote function correctly.) View Post

--There is no doubt that humans are acquisitive, it probably began with the need to store food to make sure there was something to eat in the winter -squirrels do it too. Other birds and animals collect things to make and protect nests. It may be that the accumulation of things generated systems of barter and exchange that created the capitalism which you call 'greed'.
    First, let's address the definition of the word, "greed".

"Greed (Latin, avaritia), also known as avarice, cupidity, or covetousness, is the inordinate desire to possess wealth, goods, or objects of abstract value with the intention to keep it for one's self, far beyond the dictates of basic survival and comfort. It is applied to a markedly high desire for and pursuit of wealth, status, and power."

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post

It is also a fact that even before modern industry humans were capable of denuding forests, through slash and burn agricultural strategies; it is claimed that the 90 million odd Americans who lived in your country before the arrival of 'the others' in some places hunted the buffalo to extinction.
    Yes, EXACTLY! THAT is human greed i was talking about - but only on the part of the European invaders of North America. What are you trying to say, exactly.

The Amerindians (who believe that every rock and tree has a spirirt) never burned forests down to the ground, nor did the Amerindians ever kill buffalo til near extinction. They took only what they needed.

The greedy European settlers are guilty of doing what you've mentioned
    You have your "known facts" all wrong. You are confused, it seems. Maybe you've been staring at too many clitty, bum and booby pics and videos, for too long.

--Valient Thor? The 464 year old visitor from Venus with six fingers who had an apartment in the Pentagon, met Eisenhower and Ford, and one day flew back to Venus in his flying saucer, lift off from Virginia....please, be realistic: of the two 'known' photos of 'Thor' one has been identified as an army officer who was at the meeting in the Pentagon where he was photographed, the other was a model.

Yes!! That's the "guy"!! However, in your last-minute quest for google knowledge, you forgot to research the part where it says that he speaks EVERY language on Earth and several alien languages, too. He has an I.Q. that is waayyyyy off the scale. He has green hair and, yep, six fingers and six toes. His race is from the interior of Venus. Thor has stated that there are about 30 of his kind on planet Earth living secrety among us.

I suggest you watch a youtube video of a Phil Schneider lecture (with the word "Dulce" in the title) in which he shows that very same B & W photo of Thor.
    Schneider said his father snapped the photo back in the 1950s - long before we knew how to edit photos. Schneider showed the photo around, back then, to rooms full of people across the country (or the world ,i'm not sure) at many lectures before he was finally "silenced" and buried for revealing too many Top Secret facts to the public.

I will agree that the handsome dark-haired guy was a model or an actor, BUT, take a look at the one true photo of Thor - the pic of him with his left side of his face facing the camera (circled in red). Look at the size of that neck, and that comical pointy chin. THAT, is no human "soldier". Compare his neck to the man just next to him. Thor's neck is HUGE. He is a big being. That is not a human.

There is no life on Venus. The man who proposed this theory was widely recognised as a Christian Evangelist crank; Presidents meet cranks all the time. Eisenhower met one every day, his name was Dicky. Perhaps he was really from Uranus.

Who's to say that there is no life on Venus or other planets or in outer space? You?
    I suppose all the UFO sightings from all over the Earth are fake. I suppose all the ancient carvings in stone depicting flying objects in the sky are all hoaxes.
    Everyone knows that the dinosaurs were put on the Earth to test man's loyalty to God, right You do know that, right? Come on, admit it, sweety.

Even the Vatican now has a special section devoted to the study of UFOs and, i think, of alien life. How stupid is the Vatican? I'm sure you can tell me (us). You've stated some mind boggling stuff, already. "Mind boggling" in the sense that someone (you) actually believes what you say...what part of the Bible Belt did you say you are from? No need to answer that lol. I'm just kidding.

Astronauts have even admitted, in so few words, to seeing UFOs while in space, during interviews. Go see on youtube. That's where you'll find them. Oh, i forgot, youtube is all fake, right?
    As a matter of fact, we (you and i) are not even communicating. It's all an elaborate governemental hoax. A smoke screen! Smoke and mirrors.
    An illusion,

There really are more important issues facing planet Earth to deal with that all have practicable solutions. We don't need visitors from Venus to help us defeat smallpox, polio, TB or any other disease.

Of course not, we have the FDA, the W.H.O, Health Canada, and let's not forget The (mighty) Bill Gates' Foundation which heavily funds the production of vaccines...let's not forget - FOR PROFIT- he is such a fine fellow, just trying to help humanity (reach a low population count) so that he and his rich buddies can pave the way for a New Word Order. You don't belive that's happening either, i suppose.

BigPharma gives away Porches and all-expense-paid trips, and so forth, to doctors as incentives to push untested drugs onto the doctors who, then, convince the patients that the drugs are safe. And, when people start dying from the untested drugs, BigPharma recalls them, sticks a different label on the bottle and ships them right back out again, but to a different country.
    No...you are definitly watching too many tits and clittys, my friend. Sowwy to be the one to let you know.

Funny how after all the years of the Cancer Research Centers taking in billions (if not more) dollars and they still can't find a cure. Wait a second. They do not want a cure! All they want is something to sell over and over again as a treatment.
    If they could cure cancer, they would bankrupt themselves.

Little do many people know that a cure already exists and has existed since the mid 1920s. Of course, the medical society will call that quackery because they could never make a profit from selling bags of carrots and apples and juice extractors. Of course, it's not as simple as just that, there is a lot more to that treatment. Still, people are cured every day of terminal cancer and many other degenerative disease using that very same, natural teatment.
    It's all GREED, stavros. The birds and the bees are not greedy, nor are the squirrels.
    You've been, maybe, watching too many squirrels gathering nuts in the park and calling THAT "an education in humanity" - it seems. You are comparing squirrels gathering nuts to human greed. Look, i am not trying to insult you. So, if it seems that i am, i do sincerely apologize.
    Insulting people is not how i roll.
    But, you are so misguided, loverboy. You're, perhaps, watching way too much TV, with all those advertisments for drugs in between segments of your favorite TV shows. You sound a little braiwashed to me. It's normal, these days. The world is full of brainwashed people. I don't hold any thing against you because...

"The general population doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know." ~ Noem Chomsky

Stavros sweety, i took a lot of time to write this out. I ,actually, had to write it out TWICE because the first time i tried to preview it when i had it all done, it vanished, tehforum signed me out, and i had to start all over again (sigh).

I don't want to see this thread highjacked by us in a health-care and aliens discussion when the topic is clearly about about something else.

I only mentioned what i said in my previous post,to discuss human greed because it was mentioned that humans are not all that greedy.

I posted something, and you responded to me. Now, i've responded to you. It's done.
    I am, respectfully, done with you on this particular topic of Valiant Thor and human greed.
    Let's discuss something else on the board. Okay? xoxo

Maybe someone should create an alien thread if one does not already exist on the board.

Babe,
    xoxo

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Dahlia Babe Ailhad; 12-07-2014 at 11:33 PM.

Sorrythespel0lingerrorsthereisnotenoughtimetocorre ctthem. Therealldone.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Greedy squirrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Babe Ailhad View Post
    Hi stavros,
    ...I posted something, and you responded to me. Now, i've responded to you. It's done.
    I am, respectfully, done with you on this particular topic of Valiant Thor and human greed.
    Let's discuss something else on the board. Okay? xoxo
    Babe,
    xoxo
    You write with passion, and in our own way I think we both agree that the human element in climate change has been decisive in recent centuries, though I do think isolating greed as the factor cannot explain such a complex phenomenon. We are not going to agree that aliens from Venus have visited Earth, you believe it, I think it is preposterous rubbish, and I can't think of anything else to say about it.

To Avert Climate Chaos, Meat Consumption Must Drop: Study...

http://www.commondreams.org/news/201...ust-drop-study