Page 121 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2171111116117118119120121122123124125126131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1813
    Senior Member Veteran Poster Dahlia Babe Ailhad's Avatar

Default Re: Climate change could mean the extinction of our species

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    ...Or is the Pope conspiring with the scientists???
    I mean, even heavyweights of the business class, Rex Tillerson, CEO of ExxonMobil, admit that climate change is real. Is he, too, conspiring with the Pope and the scientists???
    Hi Ben,

First, i am not sure why you are bringing up a conspiracy after quoting my post.
    Are you suggesting that i am so much of a conspiracy theorist that EVERYTHING is a conspiracy, to me?
    Hmm, i must admit that i DO think there are many, many conspiracies taking place and that most people have no idea about it all. They seem to think, "Well, the world is functioning, so everything must be alright."

Second, i am not a "world business" minded person. So, whether or not Mr Tillerson is conspiring with scientists and the Holy poop, i have no idea.
    I do think that "heavyweights of the business class", hardly consists of one man, Rex Tillerson, CEO of ExxonMobil.
    If many more heavyweights on the world-stage of industry believe that world industry is causing all the climate troubles, who are these people?
    Seems to me one man does not make up a plural usage of the word heavyweight. Maybe there are more CEOs admitting that they are to blame, i have no idea. I can't keep up with all those liars.

The only people i can view as the real conspirators (in world-stage climate discussions) are the (as you called) "heavyweights" who deny that industry is the cause. They want to continue to ruin the environment for huge profits, which, eventually causes climate problems. They really don't care. It seems to me that all these executives care about is making lots of money to have power.
    I really doubt they care to consider how things will be after they've died. During their lives, they want filet mignon, Don Perignon and the overall, expensive lifestyle. They don't care about anything else - if they did, they would be speaking-up in larger numbers. That will never happen.

Maybe things could change if humans lived to be a few hundred years old. Then and only then would they be more willing to put their greed aside for the preservation of their "home" planet. That's my take on this topic.

I agree with the poop 100%, but i think he was not as direct as he should have been in his statement.
    I blame only man's careless stupidity and greed when it comes down to industry and the planet's climate trouble. Too many engines and huge oil spills and all kinds of human stupidity taking place. Who ELSE can be blamed? What?!...cow farts, again, are the cause?! I doubt that.

So, to answer the question that (i think) you've asked of me - are the scientists and the poop involved in a global conspiracy designed to make us all think that industry causes climate issues? Well, no. They are telling the truth.
    BUT!!...let's ask the poop about all the Bibles that are made (paper, dyes, glues, leather, etc, all transported around the world in planes and trucks), not to mention all the plastic Holy trinkets, such as, crucifixes, prayer beads and all the other JUNK that the Vatican makes money from are, ALSO, part of the industry problem.
    I wonder if his Holy-greedy-self will admit that Vatican GREED is ALSO partly responsible. Yes, it's maybe a small part of the problem that contributes to it. But, just like small, singular bricks make up a huge building - it's all part of it (it = the huge building).

The poop knows about all of the factories making Bibles and all of the stuff i've mentioned which all contribute to the problem. But it's cute how he, sort of, leaves that part out. eh?...as if to imply that the making of all that useless, Holy JUNK helps the issue, somehow. Kind of like saying, "As long as the Vatican makes MORE money than it needs, it's okay. Let's blame 'people', instead", because if there's one thing God needs, it's His money.
    Isn't it so amazing how even "God" needs a pay cheque, these days. Tithing is one thing, but big business is not part of God's plan - never was.

Too many people are talking about keeping everything (industry) just the way it is, BUT they want to end the climate issue. Stuffed shirts all preaching their hot air while standing on soapboxes!
    You know, many people want to lose weight, but those friggen pizza pies and all that ice cream and soda pop tastes so GOOD. What to do!
    I know!...the overweight people should blame the actual television appliance sitting in the living room for advertising the junk food they eat.
    Or, maybe the overweight people should just start exercising more and eating the right foods. Same deal with industry and climate issues.
    Ah, but money and the economy are much more important than saving the planet and mankind.
    After all, just like the old Cabaret songs goes...(Here's where you listen to the video and read the lyrics)
    youtube.com/watch?v=rkRIbUT6u7Q

" Money "

[EMCEE]
    Money makes the world go around
    The world go around
    The world go around
    Money makes the world go around
    It makes the world go 'round.

A mark, a yen, a buck, or a pound
    A buck or a pound
    A buck or a pound
    Is all that makes the world go around,
    That clinking clanking sound
    Can make the world go 'round.

[GIRLS]
    Money money money money money money
    Money money

[EMCEE]
    If you happen
    To be rich,
    [GIRLS]
    .......Ooooh
    [EMCEE]
    And you feel like a
    Night's enetertainment,
    [GIRLS]
    ...Money
    [EMCEE]
    You can pay for a
    Gay escapade.
    [GIRLS]
    Money money
    Money money
    Money money
    Money money
    [EMCEE]
    If you happen to
    To be rich,
    [GIRLS]
    .......Ooooh
    [EMCEE]
    And alone, and you
    Need a companion
    [GIRLS]
    ...Money
    [EMCEE]
    You can ring-ting-
    A-ling for the maid.
    [EMCEE]
    If you happen
    To be rich
    [GIRLS]
    .....Ooooh
    [EMCEE]
    And you find you are
    Left by your lover,
    [GIRLS]
    ...Money
    [EMCEE]
    Though you moan
    And you groan
    Quite a lot,
    [GIRLS]
    Money money
    Money money
    Money money
    Money money
    [EMCEE]
    You can take it
    On the chin,
    [GIRLS]
    .....Ooooh
    [EMCEE]
    Call a cab,
    And begin
    [GIRLS]
    ...Money
    [EMCEE]
    To recover
    On your fourteen-
    Carat yacht.

[EMCEE]
    Money makes the world go around,
    The world go around,
    The world go around,
    Money makes the world go around,
    Of that we can be sure.
    (....) on being poor.

[ALL]
    Money money money-
    money money money
    Money money money-
    money money money

[DANCE BREAK]

[EMCEE AND GIRLS (In Canon)]
    If you haven't any coal in the stove
    And you freeze in the winter
    And you curse on the wind
    At your fate
    When you haven't any shoes
    On your feet
    And your coat's thin as paper
    And you look thirty pounds
    Underweight.
    When you go to get a word of advice
    From the fat little pastor
    He will tell you to love evermore.
    But when hunger comes a rap,
    Rat-a-tat, rat-a-tat at the window...

[GIRL]
    At the window...

[EMCEE (spoken)]
    Who's there?

[GIRLS (spoken)]
    Hunger!

[EMCEE (Spoken)]
    Ooh, hunger!

See how love flies out the door...
    For

[EMCEE]
    Money makes
    The world...
    [GIRLS]
    ...Go around
    [EMCEE]
    The world...
    [GIRLS]
    ...Go around
    [EMCEE]
    The world...
    [GIRLS]
    ...Go around
    [EMCEE]
    Money makes the
    .... Go around
    [GIRLS]
    ...Go around

That clinking
    Clanking sound of

[EMCEE]
    Get a little,
    [GIRLS]
    Money money
    [EMCEE]
    Get a little,
    [GIRLS]
    Money money
    [EMCEE]
    Money money
    [GIRLS]
    Money money
    [EMCEE]
    Money money
    [GIRLS]
    Money money

[EMCEE]
    Mark, a yen, a buck
    [GIRLS]
    Get a little
    [EMCEE]
    Or a pound
    [GIRLS]
    Get a little
    [EMCEE]
    That clinking clanking
    [GIRLS]
    Get a little
    Get a little

[EMCEE]
    Clinking sound

[GIRLS]
    Money money
    Money money...

[EMCEE]
    Is all that makes
    The world go 'round

[GIRLS]
    Money money
    Money money

It makes the world go round!

Anyway, i hope i like my response.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Babe Airhead

xoxo

P.S.
    Ben, could you consider that Nibiru's approach may be the cause of climate change to some degree.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Dahlia Babe Ailhad; 01-19-2015 at 06:44 AM.
    "I just wish you'd shut the fuck up for a bit. You're a bit too self-important." - GroobySteven

"You are, indeed, the dumbest dipshit on the internet." - trish

"I can't stand Dahlia Babe Ailhad, I want to reach into my screen and grab the DBA by (its) neck and just squeeze tightly until it stops kicking." - AshlynCreamher

"You have been banned for the following reason:
    Derailing threads and absolutely irritation self promotion. Grow up." - HungAngels moderator

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

There are several kinds of green house gases that can be found in the atmosphere. Carbon dioxide and methane are two that are produced by some forms of life here on Earth.

Currently humans dump 40 billion tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere yearly, mostly through the burning of fossil fuels. Since the industrial revolution the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere increased from 280 parts per million to about 400 ppm. This 43% rise in concentration in a significant, atmospheric, green house gas decreases the rate at which Earth can re-radiate back into space the energy it daily receives from the Sun. To re-establish the balance, the Earth's surface, ocean and atmospheric temperatures have risen and continue to rise. Glaciers and ice shelves are melting to nothing, exposing dark surfaces significantly increasing the Earth's albedo (i.e. from space the Earth is darker, reflecting away less sunlight than it used too). The additional absorptions of sunlight heats the surface systems even more. This process is not reversible. You can raise the temperature by a degree and melt away a millennium's worth of ice in less than a decade, lowering the temperature by a degree may or may not replace the ice-shelf by millennium's end. Warm air pour down the temperature gradient toward the poles forcing the cold polar air masses toward the tropics.

Methane is one of the best greenhouse gasses, in the sense that it's very efficient at trapping heat; i.e. it's one of the worst greenhouse offenders. Fortunately it rather difficult for nature to produce methane. It's production almost always requires a living factory. The presence of methane on Mars would be regarded as evidence that life at one time existed there. Most methane on Earth is produced by living systems in the process of hydrogenating carbon dioxide. It is estimated that 20% of the methane currently in the atmosphere was produced by ruminants. Vast amounts of methane was produced in the past by bacteria in the ground and sequestered over the eons in the frozen tundra. As the tundra thaws, methane is released into the atmosphere: another positive feedback that contributes to the runaway effect of global warming.

We all contribute to anthropogenic climate change, every single human being that breathes, eats cows, wears wool, drives a car, uses electricity, takes warm showers, heats their house in the winter and air conditions it in the summer. I'm one. I don't want the advantages of modern civilization. I cannot be the woman I am without those advantages. I want the libraries, the coffee shops, the music the ability to travel the availability of all kinds of food from anywhere in the world in almost any season. Like everybody else, I want it all. I'm part of the problem.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Edit
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    I don't want [to live without] the advantages of modern civilization. I cannot be the woman i am without those advantages. I want the libraries, the coffee shops, the music the ability to travel the availability of all kinds of food from anywhere in the world in almost any season. Like everybody else, i want it all. I'm part of the problem.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

[QUOTE=Dahlia Babe Ailhad;1569618][SIZE="4"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hi Ben,

First, i am not sure why you are bringing up a conspiracy after quoting my post.
    Are you suggesting that i am so much of a conspiracy theorist that EVERYTHING is a conspiracy, to me?
    Hmm, i must admit that i DO think there are many, many conspiracies taking place and that most people have no idea about it all. They seem to think, "Well, the world is functioning, so everything must be alright." /QUOTE]

Oh, sorry about that. It actually wasn't related to you. It was directed at others on this board. I shouldn't have quoted you -- and then made my comment. Sorry about that.

How concerned are CEOs about climate change? Not at all:

http://www.theguardian.com/sustainab...P=share_btn_tw

Hi Ben and everyone else, too,

Thanks for clearing that up for me, Ben. I was wondering what the heck you meant.
    I feel better.

As for the post with the link about CEO climate change deniers, great article. VERY true!
    There are far too many climate deniers in HIGH places making the big decisions that make them lots of dirty money for dirtying our once pristine environment.
    So greedy. It's disgusting how they can actually deny everything and simply point the finger at something else as a cause.

As trish mentioned, she wants all the goodies! Many people do. Many all want to enjoy the easy way of living, all comfy in front of the propaganda brain washer (TV) as glaciers break apart and fall into the water.
    Aye, but there won't be much left to enjoy once the water rises up to our necks and we're all shipped off to higher ground. Problem with that "rescue plan" is, they can't bring everybody. So who will be brought?...not me, trish, not Ben, and not anybody we have in our real lives.
    Those seats are reserved only for the elite polluters - not for the sheeple consumers.
    Like trish, we all are mindless consumers to some degree. So please, don't think i am insulting trish, somehow, because i am not. As a matter of fact, as much as i detest industry, i still buy plastic crap BUT only because there are no cleaner substitutes for the items i need to live life.
    Even how Mr Al Gore, still uses airplanes to get from one lecture to the next, it's only because not many other methods of international travel have been invented yet, that matches the speed of planes.
    And that's another part of the problem: the world moves too fast for it's own good. Just look at all of us using our computers to discuss things. They (computers) break and we throw them way and buy other ones, and then they break, and the evil, money-greedy cycle of BUSINESS continues.
    Too much emphasis is placed on making money, being rich, having power, having more overpriced junk which all breaks.
    More emphasis should be placed on making QUALITY junk that doesn't break. Of course many people will complain that the economy will fail if companies make crap that lasts a lifetime.
    Those people never think to ask themselves what is fundamentally more important, stuff that breaks and ends up in landfills, or keeping the landfills as they are, so the planet can recover. It will take years and years for the planet to recover, sure, but it will last for years and years longer and, as a result, allow mankind to continue.
    I am not saying do away with every modern thing or medical treatment.
    But face it, just to list a few things: automobile exhaust; household chemical cleaners that get dumped into the waters (fabric softeners, detergents, Windex-type window cleaners, de-greasers etc, etc); and many, many other completely useless crap that we have been brainwashed to think we NEED to survive., and this list can go on and on until the farting cows come home, all have nothing to do with transitioning.

This is a suggestion from me to EVERYONE reading these words.
    Just try, as an experiment, washing your clothes WITHOUT detergent and fabric softeners and see if your clothes come out of the washing machine clean or not. Hang your clothes to dry on a clothesline or a clothes drying rack instead of the using the dyer.
    I've stopped using laundry detergent and softeners and my clothes are clean.
    Okay, granted, if your garments have stains,they might need a stain remover. I use a product called, PreSpot from... http://www.melaleuca.com/ProductStore/ProductStore.aspx ...to remove tough stains.
    They sell clean, natural products which DON'T pollute.

It's crazy how this evil thing called, business, works.

I want to repeat everything i've already said in my previous posts in this thread, at this point, but i won't because they are already there to be read.

I say, screw the frigging economy! We can manage, somehow! Some brain, somewhere, will figure out a way for us to survive in a much simpler, cleaner, smarter lifestyle so the planet can recover and cleanse itself of man's utter stupidity and self destructive greed. Let's just hope and pray the money makers don't put a bullet in that person's head, eh? Like they did to JFK.
    Yes, it's a major lifestyle switch, but i, myself, would rather switch my lifestyle, somewhat, for a greater cause, rather than to be FORCED to switch to live a substandard way of living because greedy corporations have paid off the politicians to pass filthy laws ONLY so those corporations can continue doing what they are doing to ALL OF US so they can line their pockets with dirty money.

Ben in my last post to you, i had left you a post script which was not acknowledged by you.
    Would you care to comment on the topic of Nibiru and the scientific fact that it has some impact on our planet's climate? And as it gets closer, things will get worse? Of course it's a little off the topic of CEOs and carbon pollution and so forth and so on, but scientists are saying it's coming and it's already affecting our planet's climate changes.

Wait a second, please, i just need to re-adjust my tin foil hat, here.
    Go get your tin foil hats, too, everybody!
    Okay, y'all set?
    Here we gooooooo! Into outer spaaaaaace!
    Quote Originally Posted by Babe
    "To beyond and infinity!" Wheeeeeeee! http://www.nibiruupdate.com/

Do you, Ben, deny, that Nibiru exists?

Many people, in here, maybe even you, Ben, might jump on this "Nibiru topic" as another Dahlia Babe Airhead comment, but those folks are watching far too much TV and believing all the crap that gets shitted out of the TV tube in my opinion, and many other informed-peoples' opinions.
    Brainwashed sheeple can't see the truth right in front of their eyes because they've been hopelessly conditioned to disagree with any comments which differ from what the "master brain Borg collective" (the elite-controlled media-program-directors) say about the differing topics on the (controlled) media news.
    Just notice, the next time you watch TV, just how many Big Pharma and banking/life insurance/automobile/junk food related ads are in the advertisements.
    (Greedy) Big Pharma is linked with the (lying) Food and Drug Administrations, which is linked to the (misleading) Council on Foreign Relations which is linked to the (deceiving) Rockefeller Corporation and which is tied into the (nasty) Bill Gates Foundation and connected to the (evil) Bilderberg Group, which are linked to the (powerfully sneaky) Monsanto and and the three-headed-dragon political party governments which are all connected to the United Nations - BECAUSE it's all about making MONEY, money, money, money, money, and more money!! They all work together! There are simply too many dots to connect to illustrate how vast the connections are.
    It's so sad to see the news, controlled like that.

The news shows always waste our time with some stupid, meaningless stories about how, for example, some lost cat traveled across the country to get back home, to try to brighten up our thoughts after all the lies that they've just said. WHO CARES about a lost cat on the evening news?! Heck, that's what youtube is for. As a matter of fact, have you ever noticed how the news shows are, actually, using youtube videos to bring us a lot of the news?
    That's why i am tuned into www.prn.fm and www.wbai.org. I like hearing the truth. The TV news, for me, is like watching a TV reality show. The only thing believable are the sports segments (which i really have NO INTEREST in, whatsoever), and the weather reports and reports on accidents and other local stuff.The global news stories have all been controlled. Ever notice how headlines of major events are all very, very similar to other TV stations? That's because one group of people writes the news and tells the newscasters what the news is.
    And to think in these days of information, there are still sheeple who think that building 7, in the 9-1-1 attacks, went down "because a plane hit it",
    lol.
    And how the twin towers came down because airplanes hit them. My gosh!! The engineers all said the tower buildings were designed and constructed to withstand something like that happening - this last comment is just to illustrate how the media brainwashes people to believe media LIES.
    Tune in to those two radio stations i've placed into this thread, and get your heads out of the sand. You have sand in your eyes.

That's it, that's all! For now.

I hope you've all enjoyed this post. If not, pull your pants down and i'll suck ya dry in ssssllloooooow mmmmooootionnnn.
    Oh, and by the way, i much PREFER the married, slightly pot-bellied, balding, top men. Yummmm-ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Babe Airhead

xoxo

Last edited by Dahlia Babe Ailhad; 01-22-2015 at 08:39 PM.
    "I just wish you'd shut the fuck up for a bit. You're a bit too self-important." - GroobySteven

"I can't stand Dahlia Babe Ailhad, I want to reach into my screen and grab the DBA by (its) neck and just squeeze tightly until it stops kicking." - AshlynCreamher

Derailing threads and absolutely irritation self promotion. Grow up." - HungAngels moderator

Exclamation Clarification

[SIZE="4"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Babe View Post

...Tune in to those two radio stations i've placed into this thread, and get your heads out of the sand. You have sand in your eyes...

Hi Ben and to anyone who IS informed.

The above excerpt from my previous post is addressed to the people who believe the 9-1-1 myth.

Sorry for any confusion.

Babe,
    xoxo

Default Re: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Babe Ailhad View Post

Hi Ben and to anyone who IS informed.

The above excerpt from my previous post is addressed to the people who believe the 9-1-1 myth.

Sorry for any confusion.

Babe,
    xoxo

Goodbye troll

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it ...

Wonder what would happen if each annual downtrend in global temperature were treated as a "dash" and each up turn as a "dot"?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a message.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	790745  

Exclamation Re: Climate change could mean the extinction of our species

Hi everybody on the northeast coast
    of North America,

My local, radio-station triple w.cjad.com has just announced that a MAJOR
    snow storm is coming to get us. They do weather forecasts every hour and
    every half hour.

New York City and Boston could expect 3 feet (1 meter) of snow in one snow
    fall.
    I only caught the tail-end of the weather report, but i'll be tuning in to get the
    full details.

Is this amount of snow normal for those cities?
    Five USA states have declared of state emergency, as i type.

It's amazing that my city, Montréal, will only get about 5 cm of snow amazing.
    However, it's really cold here, today. -16 C and feelng like -26 C

6600+ USA flights were cancelled already

Wow!

xoxo

Last edited by Dahlia Babe Ailhad; 01-27-2015 at 01:13 AM.