Page 160 of 182 FirstFirst ... 60110150155156157158159160161162163164165170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1813
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Climate change could mean the extinction of our species

When I used to go to chronic fatigue meetings, the people there that were really into having chronic fatigue could tell me which doctor to go to if I wanted to have lyme disease, and which doctors I could go to if I didn't want to have lyme disease. This was the era when the Bush W doctors that claimed lyme disease didn't exist, were frantically calling the same doctors they called frauds when George got a bulleye's rash on his leg. Trying to find a doctor that would confirm I had a pituitary tumor was a year long nightmare, because the Growth Hormone that is used to treat it cost Insurance Companies millions of dollars a year. In the debate over climate change, any fool can sense that sticking a hose from your car exhaust into the car is going to kill you, but THE JUDGE in this debate is going to be the people that don't want to buy an electric car, they prefer a "69 GTO.
    There is a reason it was called Gilligan's Island, and not just because Gilligan used to be Maynard G Krebs, Mr Howell was Mr Magoo, FGS. The Professor had his own hut because he was an oddball, Gilligan was THE DECIDER who had his own mind when it came to who he obeyed, Gilligan was the common denominator.
    To make a long boring story short, Global Warming's existence doesn't rely on science, it relies on who is in the White House, a Democrat, or a Republican.
    The average Joe that believes Global Warming is costing them a job are the same Joes that cling to their guns and religion. You can't just identify global warming to fix it, you can't just sell it (Gore) you got to pull it off. Obama could do it. Trump could undo it. Global Warming is Hillary's fault. Don't Boo, VOTE!!!
    Trump WELCOMES the hate of gays and trannys because 32% of Americans hate gays and trannys. There is a method in his madness. Let's hope so anyway, if 32% of Americans decide nuking Iran and N Korea is a good thing, ...........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sci.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	1051306  

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by peejaye View Post
    Your stupid fucking answer to everything! Br-exit? Is that it? What the fuck is "Ministers focussing on careers outside of the EU" supposed to mean? They already have a job as an MP?
    In fact my post was a rational reply to yours with regard to solar panels and why sales and installations have stalled in the last two years. That Brexit is our breakfast, lunch and dinner should be as obvious to you as it is to everyone else in the UK, just as the desperation of MPs who don't know if they will survive the next Election is as real as their fake support for Theresa May, or not as the case may be.

You are the one who absorbed the lies pumped into your belly by that dishevelled drunk Boris Johnson, no-mates Gove and I'm-really-not-a-fascist Farage. When are you going to take some responsibility for stabbing this country in the back and at least admit you have no idea how we are going to fund the NHS, education, housing or the Bomb when we lose our lucrative partnership with the EU?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    To make a long boring story short, Global Warming's existence doesn't rely on science, it relies on who is in the White House, a Democrat, or a Republican.
    The average Joe that believes Global Warming is costing them a job are the same Joes that cling to their guns and religion. You can't just identify global warming to fix it, you can't just sell it (Gore) you got to pull it off. Obama could do it. Trump could undo it. Global Warming is Hillary's fault. Don't Boo, VOTE!!!
    Not sure about that Buttslinger as a lot of Americans are now employed in the alternative energy industry they can't all be climate change deniers (article is from 2017):

In the United States, more people were employed in solar power last year than in generating electricity through coal, gas and oil energy combined. According to a new report from the U.S. Department of Energy, solar power employed 43 percent of the Electric Power Generation sector's workforce in 2016, while fossil fuels combined accounted for just 22 percent. It's a welcome statistic for those seeking to refute Donald Trump's assertion that green energy projects are bad news for the American economy.

Just under 374,000 people were employed in solar energy, according to the report, while coal, gas and oil power generation combined had a workforce of slightly more than 187,000. The boom in the country's solar workforce can be attributed to construction work associated with expanding generation capacity. The gulf in employment is growing with net generation from coal falling 53 percent over the last decade. During the same period, electricity generation from natural gas increased 33 percent while solar expanded 5,000 percent.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmc.../#3a37179d2800

Senior Member Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Not sure about that Buttslinger as a lot of Americans are now employed in the alternative energy industry they can't all be climate change deniers (article is from 2017):
    Fair enough, let me put it this way, if Trump's base were screaming in favor of Climate Control, Trump would claim to be all about Climate Control, he would say he's always been about Climate Control, he invented Climate Control long before loser Al Gore, then he would do everything he could to quietly dissolve Climate Control Regulations that cost Business Exec$ ulcers. It really is amazing how Evangelicals, Gun Nuts, Businessmen and the KKK are all on the same page when it comes to Trump or Politics in General. There are guys like Karl Rove, and even Sloppy Steve Bannon who dedicate their life into finding out what 51% of the Country want, no, I mean 51% of the people who vote, No wait, I mean 51% of the electoral college vote.....
    I do know that Jimmy Carter put solar panels on the White House, Reagan took 'em off. I think Obama had played a chess game with big business for eight years, they sat on their cash but all that's over now, the cash spigots are turned on to wide fuckin' open. Maybe Trump will dissolve incentives for Big Business to invest in Green Energy, I don't know. I do fear that by this November's election, the Economy will be booming before the bill to the middle class comes due. Much of Politics is like a Sports Book, you don't get rich by knowing who will win the game, you get rich by knowing who people will bet on. Obama stopped politicizing and started Legislating after he won the election, Trump is still debating Hillary. I am very surprised if solar energy generates more cash than gas, electricity, and coal combined. I think maybe Solar and Wind hires more people, but gas and oil generates more cash. Sometimes a person's perception trumps reality, illusion sells, what distracts you defines you..... blah blah blah. I do know I don't get a Solar Energy bill in the mail, but my gas bill this month was off the charts. I gotta go pick up my car now, the global freezing broke my plastic front door handle. $250.
    Politicians and Car Repair guys. Friends or Foes???????

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    In fact my post was a rational reply to yours with regard to solar panels and why sales and installations have stalled in the last two years. That Brexit is our breakfast, lunch and dinner should be as obvious to you as it is to everyone else in the UK, just as the desperation of MPs who don't know if they will survive the next Election is as real as their fake support for Theresa May, or not as the case may be.

You are the one who absorbed the lies pumped into your belly by that dishevelled drunk Boris Johnson, no-mates Gove and I'm-really-not-a-fascist Farage. When are you going to take some responsibility for stabbing this country in the back and at least admit you have no idea how we are going to fund the NHS, education, housing or the Bomb when we lose our lucrative partnership with the EU?
    You really do show on here with your paranoia and unstable behaviour, your accusations & insults, simply over the result of a referendum called by the then Leader of the UK, that you are seriously and mentally unstable. If I had my way I would lock you up in a Mental Institution & throw away the key!
    You have been told time & time again how I would fund everything with the £1.9bn per year saving by leaving but you don't fucking listen because of your illness!
    Most stable normal rational people who voted remain have now accepted democracy & would like the Government no negotiate our way out of it!

You really do show on here with your paranoia and unstable behaviour, your accusations & insults, simply over the result of a referendum called by the then Leader of the UK, that you are seriously and mentally unstable. If I had my way I would lock you up in a Mental Institution & throw away the key!
    You have been told time & time again how I would fund everything with the £1.9bn per year saving by leaving but you don't fucking listen because of your illness!
    Most stable normal rational people who voted remain have now accepted democracy & would like the Government no negotiate our way out of it!
    My post was calm and reasonable, and primarily a correction of the remarks you made about solar panels, a topic you have avoided in your latest post, just as you seem to think Brexit is not worth debating even though you are responsible for it, but I agree my latest post was a bit over the top, as they say, but the spirit was fine as we -and our descendants- will be living with your foolish and ill-considered decision for the rest of our lives as I see no prospect of Brexit being reversed, contrary to what you think.

That the UK will be obliged to continue paying into the EU after leaving is a fact of life because we signed an agreement to do so before the EU Referendum, that this will mean less money to spend in the UK in the transition period of two years -if that is what it is- cannot also be denied, while our exit will also begin a process whereby the UK's trade with the EU declines. The knock-on effect of leaving, in at least an interim period of 5 possibly ten years, will be a loss of income, so that your figure of £1.9 billion is a fantasy, like most Leave statistics, some of which claim the UK will benefit by $23 billion, most of which will not be spent on the NHS or Education anyway, but on benefits for the unemployed and the poor, much as Mrs Thatcher squandered North Sea revenues on benefits when unemployment due to her sabotage of the economy was at record levels.

You could consider other aspects of your decision -the UK's space scientists are being frozen out of the EU's Galileo programme because the UK is leaving and its future relationship with the EU is not clear, as is also emerging to be a problem in higher education with the Erasmus programme, while the signs are that the City of London will lose its passporting business. The claim that German car manufacturers want a deal to protect their lucrative trade is undermined by the simple fact that German cars cost more because of the decline of value of the pound and sales are already down, while the more complex problem of the supply-chain in EU motor manufacture may in time lead car firms to re-locate their UK businesses to the EU to cut costs. And so on, none of which means anything to you because you are convinced Labour will win the next election -which is possible- and spend our way out of the crisis we are in. Assuming we don't have first to spend our money bailing out the train operating companies or Carillion which is billions in debt with a pension fund shortfall of over £500m. Corbyn may enter office intending to spend £1.9 billion only to discover he is already having to spend £19 billion picking up the tab for Brexit and Theresa May's shambolic government.

And you think I am mad?

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

Have the last word as you always do but your stupid theories and speculation mean absolutely Jack Shit to me!

Senior Member Junior Poster

Have the last word as you always do but your stupid theories and speculation mean absolutely Jack Shit to me!
    Mate, calm down. Just admit you don't understand the issue and you think knee jerk reactions are sensible arguments.

I'm from the continent. The one you liberated from Napoleon whereas we didn't ask for it (proof for that, we all reinstated his laws at the first possible opportunity). I pissed myself from laughing when the result of that so called referendum came in (to any sensible thinking person, the outcome of any referendum with such a magnitude should be a minimal 2/3 to say it is binding, but what could we expect from a country that has a sham democracy and not even a half decent constitution) and could only think of the story of Athens going to war on it's former colonies in Sicily without having a clue how far of they were, what it would cost to raise an army and get it there etc etc. They got defeated, and were bankcrupt and that was the end of them. Basic pride before the fall.

I work my ass of in a company that funnels its revenue to the UK by using a fraud sales office. Leave the UK and that set-up is no longer possible, so there will go the jobs and income, back over here. Good riddance!

My tax money is used to stop scores of immigrants who want to get to the UK, because they vastly believe a - they can make it there b - will never be expelled once they set foot on ground, because there are no ID cards needed and if you walk there, well you're british aren't you? Then more of my tax money is used flying those poor bastards back to were they came from. And you honestly believe we'll keep on doing that if don't cough up your dues??? Hell no man, I'll personally see to it that we do use the way cheaper method, give them a ticket Calais/Dover!

City started relocating already before the results came in, because basically they don't trust UK anymore. Sure, they face more stringent laws here, but they want to be where the money is (and they are a hell of a lot smarter than you and I and Stavros together, trust me). Do you have any idea of the fact that most of the continent thinks, knows, that the ravage of the financial crisis of 2008 would have been tampered a lot for the continent, were it not for the greedy bastards using the back door laws and exceptions the UK had gotten for 2 decades from the EU??? The trail from Wall Street to Greece goes straight through the City.

I felt relieved, honestly, were it not that the Brexit decision is the first step towards a future armed conflict in the end, because inevitably, someone will figure out there is money to be made that way. And we do anything for a quid, don't we?

And now for something completely different, Global Warming! (refugees of flooded lands not welcome in the UK I guess?)

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ts RedVeX View Post
    I tell you yet again that governments should not interfere in economy. Countries do not trade with eachother. People who live in countries do. The idea of running a country as if it was a company is ludicrous.
    Oh? Governments should only bail the economy out is it? Countries do not trade? Then why is the UK hurrying to make illegal trade deals quick quick now, before they lose their so advantageous deal with the EU. And why is self declared business man (with half dozen bankruptcies in his name), as a good "right wing person" pretending it is the only way?

You are actually Sarah Palin, aren't you?

But Peejaye there is no speculation in the fact that two EU agencies are leaving the UK taking their jobs with them as well as the money spent by those workers in their local economy. There is no speculation in the 'threat' to farming of migrant workers no longer showing up for work, it has been happening all year with farmers in Cornwall lamenting the fact their crops are rotting in the fields without the labour to pick them. As I pointed out above, it is not speculation but fact that the EU Space Agency is denying British scientists the opportunity to work on the Galileo programme, that foreign student numbers are in decline, that the care system faces a major challenge as basic, and mostly low-paid staff also decline. If you are not worried by these developments, then don't be, but don't also pretend they do not represent the negative impact of Brexit before it is even a fact and we leave the EU.

Yes, the UK will adapt to leaving the EU, and in time the economy will probably recover to a level that people adjust to, and I don't doubt we will sign trade deals too. But it looks to me like these developments will not be a reality for at least 10 years because of the transitional exit from the EU, if there is one, because trade deals can't be signed in months but take years to negotiate, and because even when we leave the EU there will be multiple legal cases involving firms across the divide that sap time, money and energy. As Chupapu points out above, the Leavers invited the UK all aboard a ship that is sailing to an unknown destination on the basis that when we reach the other side, we will be rich, happy and free.

Sunny California must seem like the ideal destination for leavers, but then the fires burn the trees and dry out the soil, the rains come tumbling down, and paradise is turned into hell, and that is one hell of a journey to choose to make.