Page 169 of 181 FirstFirst ... 69119159164165166167168169170171172173174179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1803
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Climate change could mean the extinction of our species

Scott Pruitt is in the news lately for spending taxpayer bucks on personal perks, but the real news is that he is supposed to be our #ONE appointed GUY standing up for Protection of the Environment, excepting this guy is doing everything humanly possible to de-regulate Environmental Laws into nothingness. I've tried a lot of different drugs but I've never been stoned on a million dollars...I'll bet it's a nice high.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

filghy2 Silver Poster

I'm surprised they haven't changed the name of the agency and banned the words 'environmental protection', like they did in this case. http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/sho...ght=scientific

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    Scott Pruitt is in the news lately for spending taxpayer bucks on personal perks, but the real news is that he is supposed to be our #ONE appointed GUY standing up for Protection of the Environment, excepting this guy is doing everything humanly possible to de-regulate Environmental Laws into nothingness. I've tried a lot of different drugs but I've never been stoned on a million dollars...I'll bet it's a nice high.
    They are 'draining the swamp', Buttslinger, as in: draining it of its money (the money raised from your taxes). Thousands of $$ on knives and forks; millions on transport in the USA and to foreign countries like impoverished United Arab Emirates -and who is paying these millionaire and billionaire 'businessmen' in charge of the departments of government (and their relatives)? Why the 'swamp life' who put them there. Sorry mate, but you've been played and guess what- they are laughing all the way to the bank.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    In the Library with your fucking internet again, Stavros? Stop changing your tune just to contradict other people and be consistent like Peejaye:
    "I wasn't saying good things about Trump. I don't like him either."
    "I'm British so anything else doesn't overly concern me"
    "Your getting obsessed with your favourite subject again, Donald Trump. I've told you before I know nothing about Trump."
    Fucking Jesus.... I'm being stalked!

filghy2 Silver Poster

The stalker stalked. Sounds like unfair foreign competition taking your job.

Last edited by filghy2; 05-05-2018 at 10:21 AM.

Three fascinating articles in today's Guardian on the impact of climate change in the US and how, over the next 25-30 years it could force people to move north from an increasingly and unbearable south and away from the coasts. One looks at predictions, the second tells some personal stories, and the third offers options on where to go to be safe; all in the context of a Presidency that is pulling down the barriers set up to prevent environmental pollution in the name of financial gain and climate change denial.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ration-is-here

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...rricane-harvey

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ods-hurricanes

filghy2 Silver Poster

William Nordhaus has won this year's Nobel Prize in economics for his work on modelling the economic impacts of climate change (shared with Paul Romer for work on the the role of innovation in economic growth). The article has links to his work if anyone is interested.
    https://marginalrevolution.com/margi...economics.html

This link gives you the interview with Myron Ebell last night on the BBC-2 Newsnight programme, a breathtakiing example of climate change denial which claims the IPCC report is in effect the European Union's attempt to make Americans pay more for their energy, recasting the debate in American terms as 'pro-Energy', his position, or 'anti-Energy' the Democrat position, based on false science designed to prove what the UN'S IPCC wants it to prove. And none of it actually based on science. Proof if it were needed that the Nobel Prize has no meaning or relevance to the world we live in.

One million species at risk of extinction, UN report warns:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...ecies-at-risk/

Junior Poster

All kinds of species have become extinct since the Earth was in existence due to 'climate change.' There are known patterns of global, solar and astronomical events/activities that happen on a repeatable basis. The homo sapiens today have been around less than one million years. The Earth has been here slightly more than four billion years. The known unviverse is at least 14.7 billion years old.

It has been shown with hard empirical data that human activities do contribute and more than likely aggravate and accelerate some atmospheric conditions that are not condusive to many plant and animal reproductive cycles. There's nothing that guarantees the future by demanding this or that be done. How many times do people scare themselves with mutually assured destruction be it nukes, hairspray or cow farts?