Page 146 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4696136141142143144145146147148149150151156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1813
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Climate change could mean the extinction of our species

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    .......If people were really smart they would be getting paid.....
    The anti-reality people ARE getting paid. Trump is unregulating every regulation he can find because that's where the money is.
    Democrats want to be right, Republicans want to win.
    If the Republicans stood up for sane gun laws, sane regulations, sane climate control.......their donors would disappear and so would they.
    Climate Control experts get most of their funds from donors too, I imagine.
    And we working stiffs pay for it all.
    I personally would rather go poor paying taxes than give all my money to some fat-cats who control Congress. When we buy their crap we pay their taxes. They want it more than we do.
    Like the man said, "don't boo...vote!!!"

World Class Asshole

your fantasy Veteran Poster Ts RedVeX's Avatar

REDVEX's KINGDOM

Arrange an appointment via adultwork.com (please call beforehand to see if I am free at the desired time)

Let's privatise NHS and let the communists get eaten by germs and cancer. This will reduce their CO2 emmissions.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    REDVEX's KINGDOM

Arrange an appointment via adultwork.com (please call beforehand to see if I am free at the desired time)

"Let's privatize NHS......co2 emmissions",,, Who hurt you?
    ah , but seriously, what it does for Global warming if fewer people on the planet, still use primitive energy that pollutes those left behind? Admit it , we leave in ses pool. We should be doin better....

Last edited by nitron; 11-23-2017 at 04:49 AM.

@-}--- Professional Poster

Climate change is the worst thing to think of when it comes to our species. This is so true. Sometime I think everything around us depends on just and just climate. We should do something to stop this climate change

Gold Poster

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...n-1960/546104/

Not especially relevant to this thread but there is a tangential relationship. Turkeys have been selectively breeded so effectively that they are twice the size they were 50 years ago, with similar diets. When I read the article I thought it was definitely interesting how industrialized this process has become. Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Also, selective breeding doesn't have anything to do with communism so I would be especially thankful on this holiday if we don't call our domestic farmers communists. It's one of those articles where none of the players are communists; the farmers, the turkeys, the people who eat the turkeys, definitely not communists.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Privatising NHS means less taxes, less sick people, less communists.. But no, it has nothing to do with global warming - just like CO2 emissions caused by humans, which is my point.

REDVEX's KINGDOM

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ts RedVeX View Post
    Privatising NHS means less taxes, less sick people, less communists.. But no, it has nothing to do with global warming - just like CO2 emissions caused by humans, which is my point.
    You actually think taxes will come down when the NHS is privatised? People will be less sick? What planet are you currently orbiting RedVex?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

If power goes to someone who is going to privatise state-owned businesses like the NHS then taxes may actually go down. Unless it is going to be another lunatic that believes in global warming and equality, of course... And yes - people will not get sick as often as they do now simply because they will know that whenever they see their gp, they will have to draw that tenner out of their pocket. So it will suddenly not make sense to take time off work and make another appointment with the doctor just to see the results of an earlier examination, or just to have a chat with other old people in the waiting room of a hospital, at the cost of taxpayers', or see a doctor whenever you get hayfever, or be asked by the gp to come in for a repeat prescription review when you are feeling perfectly well, etc, etc... Nobody even talks about how many work-hours are lost due to all that bollocks.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    REDVEX's KINGDOM

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

& what about people who are genuinely ill? Not just bored pensioners wanting a chat! If you want to know about private medical bills, ask our friends in the US, you think a tenner is going to be the going price. An overnight stay in hospital can cost over a $1,000!
    Wake up if you think a privatised health service is a good idea & prey you don't get fucking ill or have a nasty accident because a "tenner" won't cover the entry fee!
    Apologies, again, for going off-topic & taxes DON'T come down after privatisation, we should know!

2 out of 2 members liked this post.