Default ? from a soldier, for the ladies

So the debate reigns about the repeal of don't ask, don't tell. Now i'm in a position within the military that i know which direction it will go(which i can't reveal). But i have a question for the ladies. Regardless of whether they repeal the policy or not, would you be willing to enter a relationship with a serviceman? Even if it meant you would have to hide an important part of your life? Meaning, no matter how proud you are of being transgender you couldn't tell anyone you met while in this relationship. I'm interested to know how you all really feel about this.

Professional Poster

So obviously you're saying it won't be repealed.

Senior Member Professional Poster Paladin's Avatar

The DADT 'policy' is actually a clintonesque circumvention of an existing regulation that states that homosexuality is "incompatible with military service" That's the reg that would have to be changed.

And the brass is dead set against changing no matter what they say in pibluc.

remember this is the same pentegon that continually denies that any civilians were killed in the latest air raid, only to have it blow up in their face a few weeks later, and they have to print a correction. You'd think they would eventually learn and stop, but no.....

well, yes and no. the policy wouldn't have to be changed just scrapped, but other policies would have to change. however, the brass isn't dead set against it. the man who ultimately has the power to change it is general casey. Casey is a smart man, and recognizes that allowing openly gay servicemembers will increase the amount of incoming personnel. keep in mind that the guys who do the lying out of the pentagon aren't the same people who make command decisions in the army. they're mostly dod people and they're job is to prevent widespread panic from intense situations. civilians always say they want the "truth" from the military, but deep down inside they don't.

but this is getting away from my original question to the girls of this site

thanks for the reply, and it totally makes sense.

5 Star Poster

sparta bred the finest troops the world has ever known and they were gay or bi so whats the problem?

live with honour

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I'm a woman and finally, after many difficult years, people usually assume that I am a woman. Only my family, my lover, his family, our close friends and very few others know I carry a Y chromosome or that I can piss standing. I do not desire to make my life into a political statement. I just want to live a normal life within my community and workplace. I believe that most other transgender women feel the same way.

I never thought explicitly about dating a serviceman (my significant other is not military) but whomever I date I would expect that we each respect the other's life-goals and each other's privacy. What is revealed in intimacy is not meant for general consumption.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

If i wasn't a sex worker, I wouldn't be advertising my gender status. But, for now, since god gave me a lemon, I'm making lemonade. lol When this chapter of my life is finished, it won't be a topic up for discussion in my day to day existence.

I feel Like Most Tgirls Who live there life as Females Dont want other people to know there secret. I my self feel its a need to know kinda thing and most tgirls i know dont want people to know its not a gay pride kinda thing but a totally different situation the harder part with dating a service man is the deployments but that goes for anyone who loves a man in service