Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Veteran Poster

I'd like to go beyond the message here. What's going on with the delivery here? She's either looking up in a pensive glance or looking down at the floor. She's strutting around in full camp with her peek a boo lock of hair and posturing. What's the point? The message is in the delivery and the contact/connection with your audience. This is a total disconnect with the students and hard to accept seriously. I'll give it that she's inexperienced with lecturing, but this isn't a show stage where you're trying to glamourize and allure with your movement and posture. I see a class that's principally female with a few males. The message of sexuality is going to be lost on the females. Guaranteed the topic in the hall and among the girls is going to be the passability, clothes, the hair, the makeup, any jewelry. It's not going to be about sexuality or the debate of sisterhood, it's going to be about the accessorization and the camp. Girls by nature aren't homophobic, so I really doubt that that enters into the equation. This is a shame b/c the the message like this is going to enter society's consciousness through women not men. This is the demographic the message needs to be focused on and appeal and resonate to their experiences as women.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by sunairco View Post
    I'd like to go beyond the message here. What's going on with the delivery here? She's either looking up in a pensive glance or looking down at the floor. She's strutting around in full camp with her peek a boo lock of hair and posturing. What's the point? The message is in the delivery and the contact/connection with your audience. This is a total disconnect with the students and hard to accept seriously. I'll give it that she's inexperienced with lecturing, but this isn't a show stage where you're trying to glamourize and allure with your movement and posture. I see a class that's principally female with a few males. The message of sexuality is going to be lost on the females. Guaranteed the topic in the hall and among the girls is going to be the passability, clothes, the hair, the makeup, any jewelry. It's not going to be about sexuality or the debate of sisterhood, it's going to be about the accessorization and the camp. Girls by nature aren't homophobic, so I really doubt that that enters into the equation. This is a shame b/c the the message like this is going to enter society's consciousness through women not men. This is the demographic the message needs to be focused on and appeal and resonate to their experiences as women.
    You've gotta remember that the video says she was a guest lecturer at York University, so she obviously just came along and was being herself. And anyway, there are a lot of other unusual and eccentric people in the academic world...

Also, the video says it was a course called 'Introduction to Critical Sexualities'. That's an obscure course that probably wouldn't have been attended by students who were studying Maths, English, History, Chemistry, Physics, Fine Art or whatever.

And if was an 'open' course (one that any student could come along to), some hetero guys with a secret interest in tgirls would probably have been reluctant to turn up as they'd feel their private fantasies might be exposed. Don't forget we're a very reserved, inhibited lot here in the UK!

I just think it's great that the video has come out on YouTube where it can reach a wider audience and help to further a general acceptance of transsexuality.

Great vid and I too would like to see the entire lecture, if it's available.

I've tried to explain the 'admirer' (For lack of a better word that is not as derogatory as 'chaser') to TW a couple of times wherein many, if not most, consider themselves to be 'straight'. She can't grasp the concept and it's hard to promote it when the human mindset, as a whole, views sexuality as a purely binary form.

She understands my attraction to transgendered people (Both M2F and F2M) from the fact that I am genuinely bisexual (Or, to cover all bases, pan/omnisexual) and have a wide array of attractions that don't limit my interests and desires to a set standard in sexual binary rules. If I'm attracted to a person via looks, personality, gender/gender identity, I go with the flow.

What most people don't grok is that it's hard for a guy to say he's straight when he's got a mouthful of 'clitty'. I'm sure it's even more difficult to understand the words "Um nuff guh!" if the individual being interviewed is being 'spit roasted' by his two favorite gurls.

That's still a fantasy of mine...Being 'spit roasted', not the interview part.

A note on the audience:

I see a couple of references to the gender make-up of the lecture attendees and their probable motivation. If you go back and look a little closer, you'll note a fair number of goth/punk and gender-neutral people there. I wasn't even in the room and I can smell a high mix of dyke and club kid in the air. These are generally people who are comfortable in their own sexuality, but who are trying to fit into the larger picture in a way that doesn't box them in. They are also trying to understand their own community, especially if they have felt pings of transgenderism in their own lives.

Really, how many of the gurls here have wanted just a little bit of insight into why some men (Who honestly believe that they are 'straight') have such a deep interest in you, as you are, clitty and all?

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell