Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Silver Poster

When I was younger, I was almost only listening to death and thrash metal. I´m more into jazz, now, but I still listen to some unique and technical death/thrash bands like Nocturnus, Atheist, Pestilence, Death, Cynic or Gorguts. I won´t name all my fav thrash bands since there´s much more than death metal but I´ll just mention that my nickname is actually a tribute to a Swiss technical thrash metal band called Coroner. Are you familiar with some of the bands? When I was younger, I was listening to Deicide, Monstrosity, Suffocation, Cannibal Corpse, Master, Asphyx, you know, much of that early 90ies death metal stuff, mainly from Florida.

Well, that old Coroner is pretty much gone but I still got my long hair.

Sure! I love Coroner!!

I pretty much only listen to old school DM and grindcore. I love a lot of old thrash as well, and even some of the more commercial metal from the 80's.

I'm not a fan of technical Death Metal. It's too akin to jerking off to me, which is something that just isn't my cup o' T! But, really... I'm more rooted in the early days of extreme music where it was more about simplicity, speed, and aggression. That's why my band sounds the way it does.

Silver Poster

I´ve grown out of appreciating the extreme metal aspect. There was a time when I became pretty much bored by all the same riffs, chords and senseless solos. Lots of the old death metal bands never progressed in any way. I began to search for musicality, virtuosity and some really authentic metal bands. Those few bands like Nocturnus, Atheist, Coroner or Cynic for example made a step further and began to combine metal with jazz and progressive rock elements. They were far ahead their time (late 80ies/early 90ies) and not understood by old school metalheads back then. Most of them dissapeared by the mid-90ies but some are back because they´re getting appreciated much more today then before. Who knows, the metal fans today seem to be more open minded.
    How are you getting along as a t-girl within the metal community? It´s not really a gay/trans-friendly world as you know.

Yeah. I'm not really into musical progression. I had my time years ago where I sought to be technical, do something different, and geek out over musical possibilities. But, after a while I realized that too much of that stuff sucks the heart out of music. So, not I prefer to just shoot from the hip and keep things simple.

As far as being a t-girl in the metal community, things have been great! I haven't faced any adversity at all at shows or what not. Everyone has been pretty supportive, a few Internet nay-sayers aside...

Hey Cutie Nice to meet another Gal from the Fetish Scene

till we fucking overdose Gold Poster amberskyi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mari_Mar View Post
    Aww!!

just wondering...where are you from?

Rookie Poster

Default Repulsion for the win

Holy shit, Repulsion are responsible for one of my top 5 fav records and you got to jam Maggots in Your Coffin?! Nice.

Do you like stuff like Discordance Axis, 324, Mortalized, GridLink, etc or pure grind like Scum era Napalm? Anyways, welcome aboard.

j

Quote Originally Posted by MissBStar View Post
    Hey Cutie Nice to meet another Gal from the Fetish Scene
    Nice to meet you! What's your kink?

Quote Originally Posted by amberskyi View Post
    just wondering...where are you from?
    I live in San Francisco. I'm originally from the south bay. You?

Quote Originally Posted by squall_416 View Post
    Holy shit, Repulsion are responsible for one of my top 5 fav records and you got to jam Maggots in Your Coffin?! Nice.

Do you like stuff like Discordance Axis, 324, Mortalized, GridLink, etc or pure grind like Scum era Napalm? Anyways, welcome aboard.

j
    Hi! Yeah Repulsion are great friends of mine! My drum plays for them now!

I'm more into old school grind. But my bassist love the bands you listed!

my kink? Haha I was a pro Domme, I just love kink for the sake of kink! Been that way since I was 16. Ok I'm going to have to make a trip to SanFran so we can go out Clad In Latex >=D

till we fucking overdose Gold Poster amberskyi's Avatar

[QUOTE=

I live in San Francisco. I'm originally from the south bay. You?

[/QUOTE]

ny,i dont know too many ts girls into metal or rock.