Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Ufc 116 thoughts ?

Has to be Lesnar all the way for me !

you would say something like that... outcome NOT withstanding that fight should have been stopped with 2:30 left in the first round... Lesner was taking a tremendous beating... 10 out 10 i would bet on Carwin to win that same exchange... Lesner kept stating how these are two "completely different levels of athleticism"... very very true... Carwin is the much better athelete...!!

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

I don't know if the fight should have been fight or not. Lesnar was getting beat, but it wasn't like he was defending himself. True, he was blocking the shots, but he was moving around even when he was blocking. Now it would be different if his body went limp or he turned his head from the punches.

Carwin should work on his cardio. The upside to his record is that he knocked out all his opponents in the 1st round. The downside is that he never been to the 2nd round. He tired himself out way to quickly, but trying to put Lesnar away. He made himself tired and opened himself to a takedown. Nobody was expecting Lesnar to attempt a submission and he surprised everyone.

Kudos to Lesnar for keeping a cool head and even being humble after the fight. He shook Shane's hand and you could tell the crowd was finally cheering for Lesnar instead of boos that he normally gets.

Of course, I thought Carwin was going to win. I knew it was going to be over in the second round, but I thought Carwin would knock him out.

Blood's thicker like a virgin's pussy on Homecoming.

Quote Originally Posted by diablito View Post
    you would say something like that...
    eh ????????

That was a very close call, the ref blatanly gave Lesnar a chance but only 2 of Carwins punches/elbows landed & the rest Lesnar was moving around under & didn't look finished, under pressure yes.

Carwin was exhausted come the 2nd and he payed the price.

Lesnar vs Velasquez will be awesome !

bte-

I guess I'm more upset with Carwin then anything else... no doubt Lesner is a monster... but have you ever seen a more UNCOMFORTABLE fighter on his feet after getting punched in the face... and on the hand, how poised did Carwin look... without a doubt the man will be back with greatly improved ground defense... on the other hand... Vasquez is no spring chicken... heavy weights are getting stacked... ohhhh Fedor, why dont you come to UFC and show these ladies how to rock n' roll!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tsloveruk999 View Post
    lesnar vs velasquez will be awesome !

!!!this!!!

Lesnar and Velasquez will be a straight up wrestling match. Lesnar will make quick work of Cain. I am looking forward to Lesnar vs Carwin II. Lesnar was getting owned on the feet and I bet Carwin will come back stronger than ever.

Professional Poster celticgrafix's Avatar

first leben is a badass, and brock showed he's all talk when taking and throwing punches standing, what a great bunch of fights though

Yeah, Brock was pretty much all talk on the standup, but he showed that he has a chin made of titanium. I don't know if you noticed, but at one point during the match when Brock threw a punch. Shane pushed that punch aside and landed a nice hit on Lesnar.

A lot of people are kind of peeved that Lesnar won. They believe that the fight should have been stopped. I was noticing during the fight the ref kept saying over and over "Brock defend yourself or I am going to stop the fight." It seems like the ref gave Brock too many chances to recover. Once the ref said it once or maybe twice, then after that he should have stopped the fight. Shane probably thought he was winning so was expelling more energy to finish Lesnar than he normally would.

Last edited by bte; 07-05-2010 at 08:53 PM.

easy explanation... D. White most probably said... "if you like you job and wish to stay in the UFC, you dont the fight unless someones head rolls off their shoulders"... and THATS why the fight wasn't stopped... personally I dont feel Cain will be a push over... the time of underestimating Lesner is long gone... fighters know hes real, strong and backed by White... so they're adapting