Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by bte View Post
    Hopefully it will be good, but given the track record of WWE films, I won't hold my breath. You going to watch UFC 117 with Sonnen vs. Silva? I'm hoping Sonnen takes it.

Actually, I'm boycotting all Silva fights... If buys are down Dana will take note and have to make a serious call... so to answer your question... NO, I willnot be watching it... though the outcome is very simple... Silva wins easily!

Oi guys bad form I've not started a 117 thread yet, tut tut

Hope Silva gets his ass handed to him, doubt it tho, he's just too good. Tough call for Dana.

I just don't see Batista do anything what so ever, never seen any graceful movement from him or any indication of possible skill to make me feel he will make it.

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

I am hoping Sonnen will take it. I like Silva, and he is good, but perhaps he is too good for his own good. He toys with opponents, case in point, his fight with Maia. He used to come in and fight and finish opponents quick.

Hopefully Sonnen's wrestling will be just the test that Silva needs.

Also, I think that Batista will have wins under his belt. I don't think he is going to be underdefeated, because he is not that experience. As I said, I don't know his martial arts background. I think its a bad idea having him go up against Lashley. At least give him Tank Abbott...LoL...if he still fights that is.

Blood's thicker like a virgin's pussy on Homecoming.

From what I've read around the net, doesn't sound like he's had any martial arts background.

Tho talking to my Mrs (who is Filipino), he is very well connected with a lot of famous fighters over there, Manny Pacquiao to name one.

I hope his career change is not cash & profile motivated, I hope he's motivated by the love of the sport.

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

Perhaps Batista is training in Muay Thai perhaps? I don't know, as like you, I hope he is not doing this for money or thinking he could be the next Brock Lesnar. I hope he is doing this for the sport and wants pure and real competition.

One advantage that he has over other MMA fighters, is that he can take bumps or falls.

But really, I would think any pro wrestler who comes to MMA would at least have an amateur wrestling background. I mean something, more and more fighters now have at least a base in wrestling or boxing or something like that. Hell even if his base was kung-fu, he would have more of an advantage now then he does.

Expect him to lose his first fight to Lashley. He will win his next couple of fights. I don't see him being a force in MMA. Unless Strikeforce is trying to promote him and bill him as the next Brock Lesnar.

Blood's thicker like a virgin's pussy on Homecoming.

http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/bati...ecent&id=76069

this guy is serious and it would be silly to sleep on him... Im sure he has a television and has seen what happens to PRO's with sub-par MMA training... he will make an impact...but what do I know... LOL

Pics tell us nothing really, its going to be interesting tho.

Quote Originally Posted by TSLoverUK999 View Post
    Pics tell us nothing really, its going to be interesting tho.

LOL... funny you should say something so silly on a forum where the majority of posts include pix... anyway, if they can us anything its that hes training with some pretty outstanding company... agree??