Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HIV Risks

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ARMANIXXX View Post
    Difficult to get HIV getting a blowjob assuming you don't have cuts or abrasions on your penis or something......provided you're circumcised.

I don't know if the same risks or non risks are present with uncircumcision....and I don't feel like looking it up right now.
    That is COMPLETELY wrong and it's dangerous for you to be telling people that. Did you not go to school or something? Where did you learn this?

Junior Poster

You should consult this site for these types of questions:

http://www.aidsmeds.com/

Getting HIV/AIDS from oral sex is almost impossible. Actually the odds are so low it's not possible.

"Successful hiv infections occurs INSIDE the body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the human body.

With or without cuts or nicks or whatever on the penis, no guy has ever been infected through having received oral. It's safe to say you aren't going to make history by becoming the first. You are worrying needlessly. None of the activities you have reported put you at risk for HIV transmission.

Sexually, as long as you always use condoms for vaginal and anal intercourse, you will be well protected against HIV transmission. It really is just that simple.

When hiv finds itself outside the human body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect.

Getting a blowjob is absolutely not a risk for hiv infection, with or without a condom.

Not only is saliva not infectious, it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect. It doesn't matter about any cuts or scrapes. Saliva is NOT infectious!

And don't even go there with questions about blood in the other person's mouth. Unless you're in the habit of repeatedly punching the person about to blow you in the mouth, there couldn't possibly be enough blood present to be of concern.

Not one person has ever been infected by getting a blowjob.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple! "

Last edited by nohj68; 07-01-2010 at 09:47 PM.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMath View Post
    That is COMPLETELY wrong and it's dangerous for you to be telling people that. Did you not go to school or something? Where did you learn this?

Uncircumcised cocks are more susceptible to infections and other various diseases....

That part is in fact right.

Don't make me have to thread necro.

But Let me guess....your uncircumcised, right? lol

Senior Member Platinum Poster

It's a theoretical risk, but there are no statistics on getting HIV from a blow job. The easiest way to get HIV is to take it in ass, unprotected. Topping is far less risky than bottoming. That's usually how people get it through sex. If I'm wrong, someone feel free to correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMath View Post
    I learned it originally when I was learning to tattoo. You have to take a test with the Health Dept to be licensed in NJ. HIV dies pretty quickly once it's no longer in the body. Hep, on the other hand, is a lot easier to catch than HIV/AIDS is. Actually, there are no documented cases of anyone getting HIV from being tattooed. In NY and NJ, the health Dept usually inspects the shop once a month. And the shop has to routinely test their autoclaves and provide the results to the Health Dept.

But most tattoo artists go to more extreme measures than are even required by law. The Health Dept are actually more lax in their requirements than the shop owners are in reality. Tattooists are usually appalled at what they could be getting away with if they wanted to. Well, the competent ones are anyway.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by pnwguy24 View Post
    Just got tested a couple months ago. Negative WOOHOO!

Anyway the guy at the free clinic (who was amazingly nice and calming) told me that oral sex is very low risk, only a handful of reported cases EVER. Still Gonorrhea and Syphilis aren't fun either eh? So wear a rubber if you can!

As far as testing and detection, you can test positive after 2 weeks. To be absolutely sure get tested 6-8 weeks out. A negative test at 4 weeks is extremely reliable although not 100%, more like 90%. In very rare cases HIV detection can take up to 6 months. If you have any symptoms, more than likely you will test positive if you actually have become HIV +.

That is everything I know, hope it helps someone!

What are symptoms ???

Quote Originally Posted by junintoiro View Post
    What are symptoms ???
    Initially, not many.

http://www.epigee.org/health/hiv_symptoms.html

Just be careful.

"That's what i thought you said."

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by junintoiro View Post
    What are symptoms ???
    HIV infection has 4 stages:
    Inoculation (getting the virus inside u basically): 1st week or so is asymptomatic
    Acute Infection: 2-6 weeks but varies: u have symptoms which resemble a very bad flu and/or symptoms of Mono (infectious mononucleosis) a.k.a. the kissing disease/glandular fever
    Latent stage: 6 weeks to 20+ years this is the stage where the virus is acting on ur immune system basically tearing it to pieces. With new drugs this stage can be prolonged for many many years allowing people to live a normal life. BUT if u so much as miss 1 dose of ur drugs the infection may proceed to the last stage. This stage normally does not have any symptoms.
    AIDS: Once the immune system has taken a beating (T cell count is very low for those of u who know what they r) one progresses to AIDS. Here simple colds become life threatening. The main symptoms of this phase are patches of bacteria growing on skin, gettin sick very often and frequent serious infections such as pneumonia.

you should go see ur doctor if u have a bad case of the flu/mono like symptoms anyway not just coz of the fear of it being HIV...at that time the tests are normally accurate enough to proclaim u HIV+ve...in my country at least if a person receives a +ve result we check him again another 2 times before telling the person that he has HIV

Bottom line don't be an idiot and wear a rubber not only for being with TGs ofc.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: HIV Risks

Quote Originally Posted by nohj68 View Post
    Getting a blowjob is absolutely not a risk for hiv infection, with or without a condom.

Not only is saliva not infectious, it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect. It doesn't matter about any cuts or scrapes. Saliva is NOT infectious!
    What about GIVING a blowjob, where you swallow the T.S. girl's cum?