View Poll Results: Would guys start an affair just for the sex?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, sex is the only reason

28 59.57%
  • No, he would need a deeper connection to have an affair.

12 25.53%
  • Some guys can be trusted. (just in case)

7 14.89%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

Men cheat because thats in their nature. A guy could have his dream woman, but after a few months or years, he will cheat on her.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

IDK about that bte.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bte View Post
    Men cheat because thats in their nature. A guy could have his dream woman, but after a few months or years, he will cheat on her.
    Yup...........

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Men are weak, sexually speaking, and need to stay in relative close proximity to their women, ( the first one they see in the morning, coming home to them at night), or they are at risk of straying...like a domesticated dog will do for the first stranger who pats his head and gives him a treat to eat.

All men don't cheat, but it doesn't take a whole lot of effort to make a man betray his commitment in a LTR either, especially if he feels his sexual needs aren't being met.

IMO, if a woman masters the art of giving a slopping bj and swallowing cum EVERY SINGLE FUCCIN DAY(!), the average guy will keep his ass home.

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    IDK about that bte.
    There are some exceptions, but the majority of guys will eventually cheat at least once in their lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by bte View Post
    There are some exceptions, but the majority of guys will eventually cheat at least once in their lifetime.
    so do a lot of women..maybe not as many as men....but a lot.

..because all these cheating guys aren't cheating with the same woman.

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    Men are weak, sexually speaking, and need to stay in relative close proximity to their women, ( the first one they see in the morning, coming home to them at night), or they are at risk of straying...like a domesticated dog will do for the first stranger who pats his head and gives him a treat to eat.

All men don't cheat, but it doesn't take a whole lot of effort to make a man betray his commitment in a LTR either, especially if he feels his sexual needs aren't being met.

IMO, if a woman masters the art of giving a slopping bj and swallowing cum EVERY SINGLE FUCCIN DAY(!), the average guy will keep his ass home.
    I don't know man. Sometimes people just get bored with the person that they are with.

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    You're slicing that onion MIGHTY thin, evil!!
    Cheating is 'just sex' and an affair is a 'harlequin romance'??
    Honestly I never saw a difference between the two.
    If I'm giving up that much emotionally to another woman, unless I have a huge financial obligation and/or kids involved - and even if I did, I would immediately dump the old girl and stick with the new one.
    I think you are being highly unrealistic about dumping a woman, who you are married to, and especially one with whom you have had kids. For example, I heard today that Michael Jackson's doctor, a surgeon, with two offices, had trouble with child support. And what about being forced to sell a home, to which you have invested tens of thousands of dollars? Lawyers fees alone, cost in the thousands of dollars. In my state, they even suspend driver's licenses, because of back child support, not to mention jail time.

Affairs, in my book are not about sex, as much as they are about getting attention. Many women in ltr's start to care more about the material comforts given to them, than the the person to helps to provide them. Imagine a man coming home from a frustrating day at work, but his wife stays on the phone for an hour and a half, talking to a girlfriend. after a few times, he's not going to come straight home afte a frustrating day.

Veteran Poster

I don't buy into the all guys will cheat given the opportunity thing. I never did. My life experience with friends and co-workers I have to admit, proves that line of thinking rather incorrect.

Guy's will cheat just for a fling and it really means nothing to them. Women will cheat for emotional connection if they feel neglected. Women will usually take a guy back if he has a fling, but not if she feels he was in love with another or had a emotional connection. Opposite for a guy. Somehow a fling is a betrayal, but a relationship a challenge to win her back. Not sure I agree with this, but that's the take a marriage counsellor would have.

I don't cheat. Whenever I decide the relationship's not working, I end it. Or I end it because my GF doesn't live by such norms.

Insert funny quote here