Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

I have never enjoyed more, the various personalities on this forum. I'm so corny, that i'm starting to feel the Christmas spirit. "I;m as corny as Kansas in August, High as the flag on the 4th of July......... Funny waht a little Australian Shirraz can do.

Platinum Poster

I'm a vet, but whether you're a vet or not, you have a right to freedom of the press...but you can't take pictures of the coffins coming home from Iraq...and you wont see any pictures of this chickenhawk at military funerals...he doesn't attend...happy veterans day...chickenhawk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ww1hat_210.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	32925  

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Veteran Poster

Sad boy, Felicia Katt is so much more hip than you. Sign off and lick your wounds tonight. Real people are posting. You're just a pale imitation of what a real liberal might be. Hubert Humphrey was a man, and so was George McGovern. Slick Willie wasn't, John Kerry wasn't, Al Gore was the biggest fool in our lifetime. You are just a little college freshman poly-sci rookie with a good computer. Grow up jitterbug.

Platinum Poster

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burdened_771.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	32927  

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

I did find it troubling than Cheney left a floral wreath at the unknown solider's grave today.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.ph...1-050139-5495r

But neither Bush nore Cheney has bothered to attend a single funeral for any of the over 2000 known soldiers who have died in this war.

http://www.alternet.org/story/17079/
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/10/22/16830/142

As a veteran who served his country and who probably attended services for fallen comrades, this surely must trouble you too, Yourdaddy?

FK

Veteran Poster

Not a bit, dear. They are patriots. I would never question their motives. I think they have certainly attended funerals before. The press wouldn't cover it. Your heart is in the right place.

Junior Poster

thank you for your sacrifice, yourdaddy.

happy veteran's day

Nothing to see here folks.

My heart is in the right place. And so are my facts. There are literally hundreds of stories in the press and on the web confirming that Bush has not attended any servicemens' funerals. And not one story about him showing up at one. Your faith that he has done so is misplaced.

A politician will do anything to keep his job -- even become a patriot.
    ~ William Randolph Hearst

FK

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Bush has never attended a service or been photographed with a coffin of a US serviceman being brought back from the war. That is one of the big sticking points with many service people.
    Yourdaddy (who failed to respond to some of my political questions the last time you got heated up over stuff) .... I can understand conservatism and even to a degree many republican points but I fail to see how you can continue to defend Bush purely as a leader of the Republicans and as President. Do you honestly believe that Bush and this administration are doing a good job, are honest and intentions serve the US people?

I know I'll open a can of worms with this one also. Veteran's Day - is to honour the people who served and fought in the wars, most countries have some form of it. Does it also include people who were active service during none wartime? Or people who were active during the war/s yet never had to leave the home to actually go to war. Surely those people were just doing their jobs and getting the salaries they signed up for. What exactly are we honouring them for, please?

seanchai

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Veterans day honors those people who realize that any civilized nation must have a military force. The people who serve in that force are faced with tough decisions, the most horrible being pushed into a senseless war.

Honor is honor, the soldiers do their jobs. It's up to the civilians to do what they can to see to it that the military doesn't have to do bad things.

That's the way it's always been. I would never knock the military. They do what they have to do. But the people pulling the strings are very often bad.