Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default GP...

"Everyone in Washington is a prostitute":

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TSCURIOUS View Post
    Plus one well placed in the White House when the current resident and his side kick are home!
    Spoken like a true tea bagger; assassinate the President because you didn't vote for him.

Too bad most of the higher ups at DOD and the Pentagon believe McCrystal left the POTUS no other option but to fire him.

IF a general feels the overwhelming need to attack the competence of President's wartime strategy, he should do what all past general's have done; you RETIRE first, then spout off to the nearest media outlet.

Professional Poster

In press conference, the president (not mine) said he and McChrystal were in, and continue to be in, complete agreement on the war policy - so what happened?

And when that bomb hits the White House - hopefully pelosi, reid and dowd will be there too-

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I'll tell you what happened. Remember the long period of deliberation that came before the President decided to go with McChrystal's strategy. That never settled well with little peacock general. McChrystal expected the White House to immediately accept his plan without study and without exploring other avenues. He expected the White House to fawn over him and accept every nuance of his strategy. That didn't happen. The White House deliberated for a month while McChrystal fumed, and in the end the President adopted McChrystal's strategy with some caveats, namely the placement of a few flexible deadlines. McChrystal fumed some more, but accepted the job. But that's not the only thing that went wrong. Long long before the deadlines became relevant, the plan began to fail. Things got worse and are getting worse in Afghanistan. The general is frustrated and lashing out. The President (your President...unless you're not a U.S. citizen or perhaps you're a traitor) is frustrated, and frankly I'm frustrated with the President for going with McChrystal's plan and for continuing with it now. Afghanistan is the reef of empires past and present. Bush should never have gone in and Obama should get out. But we won't. Leaving means the U.S. will lose face and the President will lose face. So we're just going to continue to pour trillions of dollars down that rat hole while conservatives will continue to blame our economic problems are due to lazy Americans collecting unemployment checks and illegal aliens working for slave wages with no benefits.

You know, don't you, that an hour before that bomb is scheduled to drop, Jack Bauer is going to bash in your door and fuck you in your treasonous ass with a Saguaro Cactus. The mods are sending your address to the CTU and the FBI right now.

Last edited by trish; 06-26-2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: just catching a few of the grammar errors
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Professional Poster

So glad hussien obama picked a President Bush General to save his ass!!

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I'm sorry traitorCURIOUS, but General Petraeus is a United States Army General, and if he heard you say otherwise, you'd have yet another Saguaro shoved up your ass behind the first one. Chain of command is one thing, but being called this president's or that president's personal general is an insult, regardless of whether the president in question served, didn't serve or went AWOL.
    But I'm glad your glad.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.