Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

The only good Halo game was the first one, as for the other ones, I wasn't impressed by their performance.

Mass Effect and Gears of War are games I would want to play, so kudos to Microsoft for that. Other than that, its not very impressive.

How about Valve doing a complete 180 on their thoughts of the PS3. They are going to be releasing Portal 2 for the Ps3.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Going multiplatform is a good way for developers and publishers to make a profit.

Console exclusivity should only pertain to first party studios imo.

Let me get this straight ... to enjoy 3D in Killzone 3 i need to upgrade to a 3D hdtv now , and then get the PS Move and navigator controllers too?

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Of your list bte , there's only 5 i even think about.

I'm enjoying the franchises of
    Mass Effect
    Fable
    Halo
    Gears of War
    and multiplatform games.

No offense, but it kinda sounds like you're not paying attention.

Perhaps you're not aware that Sony has more first party studios than both Microsoft and Nintendo combined.

Secondly, Mass Effect, while a nice game...great franchise in fact.....it isn't exclusive. And furthermore, I fully expect the franchise to end up on the Playstation.
    And while I'm not holding my breath, I wouldn't be too shocked to one day see Gears Of War on PS3 down the road as well.

Right now, rockabilly, Sony is the one that's leading the pack as far as game content and innovation is concerned, and really, that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I mean, sure they started slow this generation, but did you really think that it would stay that way?
    Logic would dictate, "no".
    Today's reality has shown as much.

Meh , I'm not paying much attention to Sony true. But it's because i don't own a PS3 and not looking to buy one anytime soon.

Oh i was a huge Sony fan , and bought PS1 and PS2 on launch day and have a PSP but i'm happy w/ my X-Box and play my Wii once in awhile for Zelda and Mario gaming.

Good for Sony that they are pushing 3D and they're own motion controllers.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bte View Post
    The only good Halo game was the first one, as for the other ones, I wasn't impressed by their performance.

Mass Effect and Gears of War are games I would want to play, so kudos to Microsoft for that. Other than that, its not very impressive.

How about Valve doing a complete 180 on their thoughts of the PS3. They are going to be releasing Portal 2 for the Ps3.
    I'm not surprised about Portal 2 at all. In fact, Portal 2 was leaked as coming to the PS3 like 2 months ago.
    All Left 4 Dead (1 and 2) was, was an exchange of money between Valve and Microsoft.....that's all.

http://www.playstationuniversity.com...g-to-ps3-3581/

Now, the Steam thing....that's a bit surprising, and I'm curious about what that's going to be about and how it's going to work with the PSN.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bte View Post

I also enjoyed Bioshock immensely. Right now, I'm working my way through Borderlands which has that cel-shaded graphics that I love so much. Do any PS3 games have that style? Resident Evil 5 was alot of fun to play on the 360 as well.

"It's not just Mexico folks, gay marriage is also legal in Canada which makes the USA the straight meat in a big gay sandwich." (aka a Fluffernutter) - Steven Colbert

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Meh , I'm not paying much attention to Sony true. But it's because i don't own a PS3 and not looking to buy one anytime soon.

Oh i was a huge Sony fan , and bought PS1 and PS2 on launch day and have a PSP but i'm happy w/ my X-Box and play my Wii once in awhile for Zelda and Mario gaming.

Good for Sony that they are pushing 3D and they're own motion controllers.
    Personally, it's almost the opposite for me, except that I do pay attention to Microsoft and XBOX 360.

I might have bought an XBOX 360 instead of my PS3, except that there's no way I'll buy anything that breaks on at least 50% of its owners since launch.....I wouldn't even buy a toaster that did that.

Still it does have some nice games...the problem is, every year, it seems as if Microsoft is running low on gas and it needs to start acting like it wants to be serious on the games front instead of Closing studios.

Now that Sony's PS3 is almost neck and neck regarding the install base, Microsoft is gonna have a hard time trying to continue buying pretend exclusives.
    They need to start innovating game designs and IP's...something they clearly are neglecting.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by GullyFoyle View Post
    I also enjoyed Bioshock immensely. Right now, I'm working my way through Borderlands which has that cel-shaded graphics that I love so much. Do any PS3 games have that style? Resident Evil 5 was alot of fun to play on the 360 as well.

Um,

All of those games you mentioned are on the PS3.

That's a fair statement.
    Back in the day i was a big jrpg fan and PS1 was a rpg fan's dream w/
    Final Fantasy series
    Lunar 1-2
    Suikoden series
    Star Ocean
    Dragon Quest
    Wild Arms series
    Legend of Dragoon
    etc.

Now i'm into shooters and stealth/action games.

Gullyfoyle the next Tony Hawk game will be cellshaded .... and still use the board peripheral.

Rookie Poster

It was a really great show. I'm really looking forward to Infamous 2. The first one was incredibly good.

Stepping into Ezio's shoes again will be fun as well. The multiplayer aspect could be good or bad. I'm reserving judgement for now.

I've been hoping for years that we would see a Final Fantasy remake at E3 (Old school ff 6 or 7 to be precise, either would be great IMO) But alas, it looks like i'm waiting another year.