Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: iphone 4

So the network is the worst factor in the US too? Same here in Holland, we have to deal with the crappy T-Mobile network when we buy an iPhone...

Insert funny quote here

Junior Poster

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel View Post
    I won't get the iPhone again. I can say that because I have the HD2, and the MyTouch Slide, so I have the best of all 3 OS worlds, all I honestly need is the now archaic but best designed smartphone ever the n900 to finish off my brief collection.........

as nice as the Evo is, until it gets 2.2 Froyo the Nexus One shits on it like a newbie shits on a trany's........................nvm too graphic

bottomline is this, until AT&T takes all the money they've robbed folks of over the past 4 years and invests in their troubled (drops every other 3g call) network, the iPhone will be half assed..........

one thing I will say in Apple's favor: I've had the same sim card in my iPhone since day one, and the battery has never failed me, until HTC (or Blackberry for that matter) design a phone that doesn't burn out sim cards or doesn't need a $40+ replacement battery quarterly Apple wins system design.....

what good is the nexus one if its on a crappy network? google dropped the ball on how they marketed the phone. They wouldn't let me get the upgrade price because i have a flimsy 10% corporate discount with my now ex-tmobile plan. I still don't understand what it matters to them. They refused to sell it with tmobile or any retail stores (until now a new announcement was made and we're still waiting). With tmobile they could of sold it even at 528!$(or w.e it was) with an the installment plan they offer but google refused to go that route.

Now you see new better phones coming out 6 months later, and now is when they are thinking they should sell it in retail stores. Verizon, Sprint, and att were going to get it and dropped it for newer phones well because google 2-stepped.

To end it, tmobile has a shitty 3g speed, and call drops all the time no matter what phone. I just ran a speed test on my g1 for their network and its shows 250kbps, 88kbps, 500kbps, .... all inconsistent while downloading, and these speeds is when you actually get 3g.

With sprint and the evo, im getting a better plan deal, and consistent speeds between 500-650kbps. Who cares about froyo for now if its a faster better network the phone is on. If its that important im sure they will have a froyo rom to flash onto the evo pretty soon, since it seems its sold out almost everywere, meaning more people interested in development for android and evo roms.

Last edited by bartholomeus; 06-09-2010 at 02:21 AM.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
    Video Conferencing from the phone = the future well see how long it takes for the competition to catch on.
    ahem:

best of all its skype so its free and everyone already uses is so you dont need 2 iphones for this to work

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.