Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: World cup

5 Star Poster

Shit happens

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Coroner View Post
    Iīm not sure what you mean by "clock at zero"?
    i believe he means that the american mind cant deal with a game that has set endpoints at 45 and 90 minutes instead of an easily understood countdown and cutoff at 0
    and lets not even get into the matter of stoppage time added to the end of those 45/90 minutes which would undoubtedly casue a few heads to explode overseas

Quote Originally Posted by diablito View Post
    wait wait wait... I hope you're not referring to the pilgrims? would love to hear your view on this... please elaborate!
    i think interstate 60 is able to convey the point in a much more humours way than im able to come up with at this hour:
    Bob Cody: Ever hear of Frederick Turner, Mr. Oliver?
    Neal Oliver: No, Sir.
    Bob Cody: Well, he was an historian. About a hundred years ago he came up with a theory about the frontier. He said the frontier was a safety valve for civilization, a place for people to go to keep from goin' mad. So, whenever there were folks who couldn't fit in with the way things were, nuts, and malcontents, and extremists, they'd pack up and head for the frontier. That's how America got started - all the crackpots and troublemakers in Europe packed up and went to a frontier which became the Thirteen Colonies. When some people couldn't fit in with that, they moved farther west, which is why all the nuts eventually ended up in California. Turner died in 1932, so he wasn't around long enough to see what happened to the world when we ran out of frontier.

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

Rookie Poster

USA played well and on the basis of that performance last night and the awful game earlier between Algeria and Slovenia they should be too strong for them two; England much the same. Both will go through but depending on results in Germany's group both could well go out at the next stage. There's a bit of diplomacy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by muhmuh View Post
    So, whenever there were folks who couldn't fit in with the way things were, nuts, and malcontents, and extremists, they'd pack up and head for the frontier.

I'm sure he meant to say FREE THINKERS, not led clones... though those words are very difficult to register in the East... regardless, this journey will only end poorly for you "Royal" folk...

Professional Poster

germany ftw first team that showed an impressive performance

Quote Originally Posted by diablito View Post
    I'm sure he meant to say FREE THINKERS
    yeah im sure all the religious nuts who still today think noahs flood was a real event america ended up qualify as the true free thinkers instead of all the europeans who started the age of elightment back here in the old world

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

Silver Poster

USA= 17th century Europe. Itīs that simple, muhmuh.

Now, letīs talk about football. Damn, what happened to Australia? I did not expect such a high defeat by Germany. However, this will not happen with Serbia or Ghana. Btw, the Serbs dissapointed me but Ghana deserved the victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Coroner View Post
    USA= 17th century Europe. Itīs that simple, muhmuh.
    except we ARE the worlds ONLY super power! do me a favor and clean up my gulf!! GUSHHH

Junior Poster

Oh Jesus Christ. Will you assholes just shut the fuck up with all your nationalistic jingoism? This is the fucking Sports Board. What the fuck does any of that garbage have anything remotely to do with the World Cup? Take that bullshit to the Politics & Religion board.

"It's not just Mexico folks, gay marriage is also legal in Canada which makes the USA the straight meat in a big gay sandwich." (aka a Fluffernutter) - Steven Colbert

5 Star Poster

I was just wondering, is anyone else put off by those goddam african didgeridoos that sound non-stop from start to finish of a match. Seriously, that needs sorting out!

the vuluvusas or whatever? they don't bother me too much but they just make all the games sound the same. they're is no distinction in atmosphere to the korean, argentinia or ghanian games, they all sound the same!