Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: World cup

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hyperspace View Post
    Americans will never like football.
    They have too short attention spans.
    It also doesn't lend itself to advertising donuts and crap food during commercial breaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coroner View Post
    Well said.
    Hey eurotrash! The favorites are Americans from Brazil. Argentina, Mexico and the US have strong sides as well. So plenty of North and South Americans love that game. Or were you too stupid to say what you really meant?

"It's not just Mexico folks, gay marriage is also legal in Canada which makes the USA the straight meat in a big gay sandwich." (aka a Fluffernutter) - Steven Colbert

Silver Poster

He was clearly talking about US-Americans.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Coroner View Post
    He was clearly talking about US-Americans.
    The only thing clear about his posts are that he's an ankle biter and a poofter.

"It's not just Mexico folks, gay marriage is also legal in Canada which makes the USA the straight meat in a big gay sandwich." (aka a Fluffernutter) - Steven Colbert

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hyperspace View Post
    England 4 USA 1.

England too strong.
    Great prediction there slaghead. You were only off by 3 goals.

After watching the US-England match end at 1-1 here's my thoughts about improving the game for the folks on this side of the pond.

* Americans don't like contests that end in ties. One on one penalty shots should determine a winner when regulation time is over

** The ball goes out of bounds too often. There should be low barricades to keep the ball in play for longer stretches

*** The officials stop play too much. tell the refs to the let the guys play

**** Don't start the clock at zero. American football starts at 15 and works its way down. makes it much easier for transient viewers to immediately know where the game stands when they're surfing other channels

***** Americans love scoring... baskets, field goals, touchdowns, home runs. make the goal mouth wider and higher. eliminate the offside infraction. by allowing a player to go ahead of the ball striker, you'd createstrategy as well as producing more goals

I'll think of some more stuff as I watch more games.

Quote Originally Posted by GullyFoyle View Post
    Great prediction there slaghead. You were only off by 3 goals.

and a WIN!!! fuckin goof... cant even stop a slow bouncing ball DIRECTLY in front of him!!

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    After watching the US-England match end at 1-1 here's my thoughts about improving the game for the folks on this side of the pond.

* Americans don't like contests that end in ties. One on one penalty shots should determine a winner when regulation time is over

** The ball goes out of bounds too often. There should be low barricades to keep the ball in play for longer stretches

**** Don't start the clock at zero. American football starts at 15 and works its way down. makes it much easier for transient viewers to immediately know where the game stands when they're surfing other channels

***** Americans love scoring... baskets, field goals, touchdowns, home runs. make the goal mouth wider and higher. eliminate the offside infraction. by allowing a player to go ahead of the ball striker, you'd createstrategy as well as producing more goals

I agree with everything you said... except with everything you said! LOL... I'm a purist... our public will learn to appreciate this sport slowly but surly... after all, it took 221 years to elect a Black Pres... this might take some time!!

Professional Poster

youre working under the assumption that anybody would want to dumb down a great game to make it more accessible to people we successfully got rid of hundreds of years ago

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

Silver Poster

Which is the case in finals.

Which is the case with indoor football.

I´m not sure what you mean by "clock at zero"?

It´s a game, not a Hollywood blockbuster where kids want to see exploding cars, crashings helicopters etc. A wider goal would be too easy and make the game boring except there are like 4-5 goal keepers at the same time. That would look like puppet theater, not football.

Quote Originally Posted by muhmuh View Post
    youre working under the assumption that anybody would want to dumb down a great game to make it more accessible to people we successfully got rid of hundreds of years ago

wait wait wait... I hope you're not referring to the pilgrims? would love to hear your view on this... please elaborate!