Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAdder
    Vicki, do you believe that the Gnostic documents are true? That the Merovingian bloodline survives to this day? Its not a far jump to hypothesize that the reason the Templars were able to gain power seemingly overnight via papal mandate, was because they had threatened to reveal what they were guarding, namely the descendants of Jesus and the paper documents to prove that claim, along with the gospel documents that never made it into the bible......It seems awfully strange that they were later declared heretics themselves, no?

I find Christianity as a whole now a farce because they refuse to acknowledge there there are more gospels that were supposed to be in the bible then what are printed. Those missing gospels were declared heretical at the time by a male dominated clergy who feared any kind of power given to the lowly female which would upset there dominance. Im firmly convinced now that Jesus intended Mary Magdalene, the female, to carry on the Gospel of Jesus Christ, not Peter.

Do you know that Jesus never said he himself was divine, and that he was "voted" to be the son of god by a council of christians more then a hundred years after the resurrection?

His fanclub does indeed suck lol....
    Again, you mistake the belief in Christ with Christianity. There are dozens, if not hundreds of unique perspectives (and derivatives) here. Christians don't universally deny these things. You are getting the whole thing confused with the Catholic church which is yet another derivative of Christianity. Just because Ford says that Goodyear are the only good tires doesn't mean that "automobile makers say Goodyear make the best tires, what morons!!!" Being Christian does not mean that I believe the things you are saying. Therefore, what you are saying is false and created within your own limited perspectives. Not all Christians shake their heads and plug their ears and say, "LA LA LA I can't hear you!!!" when bringing up topics about evolution, etc.

It's ironic because the inquisition was in direct conflict with the teachings of Christ. Why wouldn't they have written/made up more corrupt things to support their agenda? Throw the first stone and judge lest ye be judged don't really mesh with killing people who refuse to believe. It would have been much easier to make Jesus a vengeful individual who struck down the sinful.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai

By nature, as animals we care about our lives and for each other. There are other animal groups which do the same and you don't see them worshipping, Trevor the God of Hairdos. What is the point of worshipping these unseen entities or stating you're a Christian because you follow "his" writings?
    Get your own life and not some pre-inscribed one based on a 2000 yr old comic book that was designed to keep people in their place. This is my issue - you use it as a crutch, as an excuse and as a members only club.
    seanchai
    Well if getting my own life means I wish an entire group of believers (of alternate beliefs) to be inflicted with a type of religious genocide, then I guess I'll keep what I have. You've generalized all Christians into one big hateful pot multiple times in your postings. "I hate this, I hate that". If not believing in the divine drives hate, which I have seen time and time again, then I am really happy with my crutch. Again, you have in no way refuted any of the actual teachings of the New Testament or suggested how they conflict with how most good people try to live their lives.

If it was a members only club, by my personal interpretation, then I wouldn't be accepting of Buddhist and Muslim faiths. However, I have already supported that I don't begrudge these people their beliefs either. Live and let live and don't generalize.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

...but your ideals don't have to come under the banner of Christianity or following the teachings of Christ? I mean exactly why do you need someone else to tell you:
    Don't kill or hurt others.
    Be good to people as you'd be good to yourself.
    blah blah.

Turn the other cheek? You've a spiteful mouth on this board so where does that come into the New Testament, I see it in the Old Testament ("Do unto others, an eye for an eye, blah blah).
    This is why I both hate and love arguing with Christians, they pick the parts of the texts that they want to agree with an leave the rest. Arguing with someone with blind faith both supports how I feel about them but leaves me mystified as to how an individual with individual thought can be so ignorant.

There is no reason for you to have to be a Christian Vicki, you can be all that by just being yourself...and then maybe you truly can turn the other cheek and keep the trap shut when someone supposedly makes a comment about you or you feel the need to jibe another?
    seanchai

Rookie Poster

You guys want prove of the paranormal. Look at the big cock trend

http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...highlight=cock

Now those 10 inchers are paranormal. Can I have my million dolllars now?

Hi, how are you?

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Honestly, I think dying was the worst thing that could have happened to Jesus. I'm not being silly here, but I don't believe in pre-destination, that would make free will irrelevant. He wasn't meant to die by some divine plan, he got murdered by a bunch of jerks who were scared of him. Had he lived, he could have presumably written down his thoughts and gave the world a 100% accurate record of his view of things. Instead we're left with a collection of books written by his followers, and the ideas presented in those books gets twisted and distorted over and over again to further the agendas of very bad people.

But I also don't believe death is the finite end to existence. I'm pretty sure there are remnants of all living things left behind after the body dies, it just follows the laws of physics. In some fashion Jesus still exists somewhere, he's just not living as a human anymore.

I bet Jesus would have written a much more effective book then the Bible (and I'm not knocking the Bible as a whole), had he had the chance. It would be funny and kinda sexy as well, he probably was a really cool guy.

I also don't think he was "the son of God". The idea that God is an old man who simply thinks about making rules for human beings is ridiculous. God, whatever it is, created Everything, it's as much a bird or a rock or a dinosaur as it is a human. It's the entire universe. Jesus was a wise, powerful person very intune with the world. Could he perform miracles? Maybe, but I don't think it was some magical hocus pocus, it was just existing on a level beyond the rules that ordinarily govern things.

Just my take on things, and who really knows? It's the Big Question, and I suppose if there is a purpose in life it's to figure out a harmonius balance between all the things that are.

Platinum Poster

that's an interesting post, honda...and I thought it was just gonna be your usual "leave Vicki alone, she's a saint!" reply...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by J
    so jesus walks into a motel slaps 3 nails down on the counter and say "hey, could u put me up for the nite?"
    LMAO...I have a feeling I'm gonna be using that one...that's worthy of Lenny Bruce or Bill Hicks...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Junior Poster

What avatar are people writing about?

Junior Poster

WOULD SOMEONE ANSWER MY QUESTION AND TELL ME WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT?

Junior Poster

Wow, you waited a whole 3 minutes.....kudos.