Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Hodor is behind it !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	314287_256025781168884_503753733_n.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	711074  

Senior Member Silver Poster EvaCassini's Avatar

---POSSIBLE SUSPECTS---

Tywin Lannister - Already "ruling" the Seven Kingdoms, so why would that push him to murder his grandson? Easy. Don't let his family protection and honor get in the way of his ability to do much as he pleases, including murdering his own grandson and his king, to give him entitlement and noted rule. He knows Joffrey was going to bring terror and more war to the kingdoms if his rule were to still be intact. At the time of Joffrey's death, he was 19 with a severe mental problem that no one could mend. The only way to help Joffrey and the kingdoms, would be to have him no longer living. Mercy killing?

Olenna Tyrell - Certainly an exuberant and wealthy woman and easy to admire. She knows far too well that from the time they were called to King's Landing, to discussing Joffrey with Sansa, to the Purple Wedding itself, that no matter how many gold dragons she threw at the ruling family, no matter how many heirs to wed into the Lannisters, that Joffrey would never be tamed. Especially since her grand daughter just married this unruly beast, she knew that this was inevitable. So why not devise her own silent and swift assassination attempt? She indeed has the Lannisters entangled in her thorny rose vines.

Prince Oberyn - "Lannisters aren;t the only ones who pay their debts!" Indeed! Especially this guy and his family. Hailing from Dorne ( the southern realm where all the wine comes from ), his family has a long and dirty history with the Lannisters. From Tywin ordering the Mountain to rape and slaughter Prince Oberyn's sister, Elia Martell, during King Robert's Rebelion, to simple disrespects given to the Martell family. He has many debts owed to the Lannisters and perhaps one has come to fruition, with the assassination of Joffrey. Certainly his nickname, "Red Viper" gives clues. "Red" wine and "Viper" for the poison. Ehh? Maybe.

Sansa Stark - Who wouldn't have as much anguish and animosity toward Joffrey as much as the sweet Sansa Stark-Lannister. She has the most right to squash Joffrey's head in till he was just a pile of mashed pigeon pie. But she isn't as tactful as the other suspects and especially since one of her closest handmaidens happens to be a loyal spy to the former Queen Regent Cersei. For her to devise this plot, would be very dangerous. But with possible help from loyal friends and supporters, her just cause is very valid to fight for. She for sure has strong help with Olenna, Ser Dontos, Tyrian, and Margaery.

Ser Dontos - A very grateful fool! "A living fool, my lady!" Since his demotion from a knight, to the King's royal jester, he has nothing left to live for. NOTHING. He gave the only thing he held dear to Sansa Stark-Lannister, whom he now hold much higher, because if it wasn't for Sansa, he would have drowned in wine after being reprimanded by King Joffrey on his name day. With Sansa as his savior, he now can make his life worth something, by helping her the only way she can be helped and everyone for that matter...by secretly disposing of Joffrey and his unjust reign.

Mix of a few - Of course, as mentioned, it could have been a collaboration of a few I mentioned. A conspiracy with more than one person would seem to fair better than the whims and wishes of a singular person.

Lastly, Tyrian Lannister - My most favorite character of course, but a sly assassin? Maybe. But a sly assassin to be present during the attempt? I think not. Tyrian is much too tactful and clever to have any fingers pointing at him as the culprit. Sadly, his history with the rest of his family, his fiery tongue, and his "height" of affairs, certainly makes him appear to be the assassin. No doubt his relationship with his sister leaves him in a boat made of shit, floating on a shit river, heading to the Shit Ocean. Will his tongue get him out of this predicament? Maybe His father could tone down the cruel factor and understand that it wasn't Tyrian. Maybe his famous brother, whose recent state of affairs made him a reliable and trusting person, could possibly plead for Tyrian's fate, and life.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

OK OK I confess. During the commercial I reached through the screen and put a few drops of strychnine into his wine.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

queer slut Junior Poster

I initially thought Tywin myself for the reasons Eva laid out. It was nagging me that the Tyrells might have a hand in it, but I don't think they would kill Joffrey unless the new Queen was pregnant with a potential heir. And I don't see Tywin letting anyone else in on the plot.

Of course, everyone has an interest in it.

LOVER OF BIG ASS Platinum Poster youngblood61's Avatar

I'm going with Sansa. Who picked up the goblet when Joffrey dropped it on the ground? Sansa, perfect time to drop in some poison. Also when she was out in the woods she could have been looking for something to poison Joffrey with. Glad too see him go, poisoning him was too easy of a death.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Mark my words. The one who paid for the wedding feast did it...

I know what will happen I've spoiled everything for myself

It's still entertaining to watch though.

Professional Poster

I'll miss Joffrey, you need someone you can really relate too in these things

Seriously he's said to be a really lovely kid who has decided he wants to be a charity worker in the future.

If this series is anything like the books we'll see a lot less Stark killin and a lot more Lannister extermination this time round and it's about time too.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Good thing they're giving the leftovers to the dog's and not the poor...no telling what else might be poisoned!

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

LOVER OF BIG ASS Platinum Poster youngblood61's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alpha2117 View Post
    I'll miss Joffrey, you need someone you can really relate too in these things

Seriously he's said to be a really lovely kid who has decided he wants to be a charity worker in the future.

If this series is anything like the books we'll see a lot less Stark killin and a lot more Lannister extermination this time round and it's about time too.
    I agree. I like the King slayer though.

Last edited by youngblood61; 04-16-2014 at 12:35 AM.