Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC

The thing about American darling is that there is no "class" system in regards to breeding like in many countries (which I think is a great thing).
    You can be pennyless in many countries of the world and still be royalty or part of the upper class and vice versa.

Is it npt part of the American dream that once you achieve wealth you are part of t he upper class?

Get a grip.
    The “American Dream”—those principles that state prosperity, security and notoriety exist as inherent, intrinsic products of diligent hard work and devotion, for those seeking liberty, justice and the right to pursue happiness—leads many Americans to engage in a self-destructive lifestyle of insecure delusions driven by ineffectual motivations. When reality collides with this dream an implosion occurs, sending the dreamer into an abyss of dread, doubt and an inevitable death.

The "American Dream" is a lie, Allanah. It is a myth taught to American school children to try and engender a false sense of patriotism. It is a lie used to divert your eyes from the ugly truth of our society--the American Caste.

We all want to believe that the United States is a nation free from "classes," but we know this to be false. The very essence of free-market capitalism implies that there will be social stratificaiton. Do I agree with this system? No. But I don't live in false denial either. There's no way to have your Starbucks, laptop, new shoes, and SUV and not have a society divided by class.

Veteran Poster

Get laid, beat off, or just SHUT _UP> Bring forth some proposals so you can bore us some more with your plagerized remarks. How old are you, 19?

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by yourdaddy
    Get laid, beat off, or just SHUT _UP> Bring forth some proposals so you can bore us some more with your plagerized remarks. How old are you, 19?
    No is forcing you to read it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brideshead
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhellis978
    Let me put it this way, you can't buy class, intelligence or culture.
    That is an arrogant statement.

Oh Brideshead you are so mistaken. That is a unitelligent statement made by someone with no understanding of either class or culture. Neither class or culture are obtained at both. Each are the result of upbringing. Intelligence, defined either as the ability to comprehend and profit from experience or as the capacity to acquire and apply knowledge, is also a faculty that is not innate in human beings. Rather it is the result of education.

Since a sufficient amount of resources can guarantee an individual will be exposed to class, culture and education ... it appears that all three can be purchased.

Truly this is the myth that the upper class / upper crust wishes to maintain vis-a-vis all other classes. However, when well realize that the British look upon our so-called upper class with disdain that is usually reserved for mere theives and vagobonds - the notion of our upper class is clearly laid upon shaky ground. And let's not mention how the Japanese looks upons the entirety of Western society.

This is all to say that in this culture, material wealth is too often the measure of men. Hence the mad dash to make cash. lol

Professional Poster

[quote="Arianna"]
    Quote Originally Posted by J
    (*cough-moniandtomsellis-cough*) Oh, pardon me. I must be catching a cold.
    There's one L in Selis.

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips

Quote Originally Posted by brickcitybrother
    Quote Originally Posted by Brideshead
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhellis978
    Let me put it this way, you can't buy class, intelligence or culture.
    That is an arrogant statement.

Oh Brideshead you are so mistaken.
    Are you not confusing B with his quote from Josh the Troll? Reads like you are.

Did I read "WHITEBOYISM" WTF is that.

Arianna that is beyond offensive.

Regardless of your thoughts on what he posted, you didnt need to take it there.

His thoughts were no more "whiteboyism" than poor people from the hood spending their whole paycheck on some gold fronts are dare I say referred to as "n**er rich"

See how offensive and wrong that is?

My 2 cents on this are as such. You can always become more intelligent, you can always evolve and develop more class, and here in America you can always find a way to make money.

Its what is in your heart that counts. If wearing a label makes YOU feel better about YOURSELF. Great, that works.

BUT if you wearing that label means you are going to look down or sneer at the very people who were on the bottom with you when you didnt have it so good, you are wrong.

Junior Poster

So now are assuming I grew in the suburbs?

I grew up in a town of 6,000 people in East Texas. 70% of that population was African-American, the other 30% was Caucasion.

There goes your theory.....I'm not sheltered....

Rookie Poster

On the talk of intelligence, if anybody want to test theirs, you can go to www.iqtest.com.

But yea class is a part of society whether we like it or not. Just another label to put on people. But how people spend their money, whether wise or unwise, is all over this country, not just here in this forum. There are people out there with their big house, mercedes and fancy cars and hardly have any money in the bank. My brother in law, very successful guy, lives in a big house, owns 3 mercedes, but his wife was laid off for work and he said in 6 months time, if she didn't get a job, he would be broke. Luckily she got a job.

But this is how a lot of Americans live, on the edge. Hell, our entire county is in tons of debt and how can we expect Americans to live any different. The government itself sets the worst example. So get money and spend it like crazy, hey that is the way things are and some will pay for it, others won't.

Hi, how are you?

Professional Poster

Dear Tom Selis,

Thank you for your interest in the test at IQTest.com.

Your general IQ score is: 128

You may login at http://www.iqtest.com/login.html at any time to view your score, purchase your Complete Personal Intelligence Profile or The Consciousness Exercises, or edit your account settings:

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips