Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default "Gucci, Prada, fulll length leather..."

I think this marks the first time I ever quoted the Big Tymerz, but I felt it fit the moment.

These stalwarts of the hip-community, coined the phrase "hood rich", a phrase I feel perfectly fits some of the members of this board. Growing up in a family with political clout, I often heard my parents refer to these people as "nouveau riche." Often, these are individuals who grew up with little or no money. Suddenly, they come into a wind fall and feel the need to feed their material hunger with designer labels. However, they do not have the culture, education, nor etiquette necessary to function among the true "blue bloods" of high society.

Yes, the girls in question made some real money for the first time in their lives, but they still exhibit the same negative attitude that led to the poverty that plagued their families throughout the generations. Inevitably, their looks will fade and the money will dry up, leaving them to return to their original economic condition.

Just look at the number of washed up rock stars, rap stars and professional athletes, forced to appear on embarassing reality TV shows just to make a buck.

Veteran Poster

I have no real idea of who your talking about but I liked when you said "However, they do not have the culture, education, nor etiquette necessary to function", Because its undoubtly true. If you dont have the proper skills to navigate through life (And for this instance Financial responsiblity is the skill needed) Your gonna be lying on your face in nothing, In no time.

But i also understand why anyone who gets some money goes after the designer labels. Look at it this way, If you came from nothing and was fed nothing but ideals that these exspensive label ridden items are what it takes to compete with the wealthy then thats what you go after, Just so you feel like your one of them.

I'll give you an example. Ive got a cousin, Your average 20 year old. But he's got dreams that may be slightly out of reach. He's been talking all this big shit about rapping and blah blah blah But he hasnt made it yet. STILL he insist on purchasing Dumb ass watches and even desires a 5000 watch h wants his Jeweler to make. Its stupid and foolish but its what he see's when he looks at a magazine or turns the channel, So he knows no better.

Randumb Intelligents!@_@!

Junior Poster

Default Re: "Gucci, Prada, fulll length leather..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jhellis978
    I think this marks the first time I ever quoted the Big Tymerz, but I felt it fit the moment.

These stalwarts of the hip-community, coined the phrase "hood rich", a phrase I feel perfectly fits some of the members of this board. Growing up in a family with political clout, I often heard my parents refer to these people as "nouveau riche." Often, these are individuals who grew up with little or no money. Suddenly, they come into a wind fall and feel the need to feed their material hunger with designer labels. However, they do not have the culture, education, nor etiquette necessary to function among the true "blue bloods" of high society.

Yes, the girls in question made some real money for the first time in their lives, but they still exhibit the same negative attitude that led to the poverty that plagued their families throughout the generations. Inevitably, their looks will fade and the money will dry up, leaving them to return to their original economic condition.

Just look at the number of washed up rock stars, rap stars and professional athletes, forced to appear on embarassing reality TV shows just to make a buck.
    I agree. The irony about wealthy people is that, as a group, they dislike spending money.

Default Re: "Gucci, Prada, fulll length leather..."

Growing up in a family with political clout, I often heard my parents refer to these people as "nouveau riche."
    The tree, Josh, the tree. Go and fuck it and keep your nasty, right-wing, judgemental ideas to yourself. There's a good little troll.

If you go down to the woods today
    You're in for a big surprise
    The trolls, the trolls are out to play
    Let's give 'em a really hard time!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	troll_855.gif 
Views:	2747 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	32549  

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

You are so full of it that it is so very hysterical.

Only a snooty, wanna be well to do- would even call somebody nouveau riche, or hood riche- or be critical of poeple who made money and spend it lavishly.

You talk as if you are a Vanderbuilt or Rockefeller, or perharps an Astor?

The thing about American darling is that there is no "class" system in regards to breeding like in many countries (which I think is a great thing).
    You can be pennyless in many countries of the world and still be royalty or part of the upper class and vice versa.

Is it npt part of the American dream that once you achieve wealth you are part of t he upper class?

Get a grip.

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Junior Poster

Let me put it this way, you can't buy class, intelligence or culture.

Junior Poster

Let me put it this way, you can't buy class, intelligence or culture.
    That is an arrogant statement.

5 Star Poster

Just read this post now (wondered why the topic of Gucci and Prada was so popular).

Sorry, Jhellis978, I thought you were kind of okay, but what you are saying smacks of smug, holier-than-thou snobbishness. In these forums we don't question what background someone comes from, we don't care if they were born with a silver spoon in their mouth or haven't got a cent to their name, whether their family went over to America on the Mayflower or got smuggled in over the border on a donkey. Who gives a shit? Whatever position you are in socially it's only because you or someone down the line in your family had the courage, the intelligence or the breaks to make it. Some work hard for a living, some get lucky, some cheat, some get cheated on. Today's newly rich will be the ancestors of tomorrow's old money. So who gives a flying fuck?

Don't get me started on culture and class because this your first post hasn't convinced me you have any.

And what has intelligence got to do with anything? There are potential geniuses dying of starvation in Africa and an affluent dumbass with the IQ of a monkey's asshole occupying the White House in America.

What the fuck was the point of your post? Oh, I suppose it was just to prove that it's not just newly rich people that can be asswipes. Some high-society "blue-bloods", as you call them, can be even worse.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by LG
    Just read this post now (wondered why the topic of Gucci and Prada was so popular).

Sorry, Jhellis978, I thought you were kind of okay, but what you are saying smacks of smug, holier-than-thou snobbishness. In these forums we don't question what background someone comes from, we don't care if they were born with a silver spoon in their mouth or haven't got a cent to their name, whether their family went over to America on the Mayflower or got smuggled in over the border on a donkey. Who gives a shit? Whatever position you are in socially it's only because you or someone down the line in your family had the courage, the intelligence or the breaks to make it. Some work hard for a living, some get lucky, some cheat, some get cheated on. Today's newly rich will be the ancestors of tomorrow's old money. So who gives a flying fuck?

Don't get me started on culture and class because this your first post hasn't convinced me you have any.

And what has intelligence got to do with anything? There are potential geniuses dying of starvation in Africa and an affluent dumbass with the IQ of a monkey's asshole occupying the White House in America.

What the fuck was the point of your post? Oh, I suppose it was just to prove that it's not just newly rich people that can be asswipes. Some high-society "blue-bloods", as you call them, can be even worse.
    Well written.

Quote Originally Posted by LG

Cosign