Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ufc 112

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

Default Ufc 112

The PPV event will be live broadcasting from Abu Dhabi, UAE, Saturday night!. The fight card is pretty good and it should be interesting.

Middle Weight Champion: Anderson Silva (25-4) vs Demian Maia (12-1)
    Light Weight Champion: BJ Penn (15-5-1) vs Frankie Edgar (11-1)
    Matt Hughes (44-7) vs Renzo Gracie (13-6-1, 1 NC)

There are a couple of more fights, but not really important. Where are all the resident MMA fans on this board? What are y'all thoughts? Do you think the 5 Time Jiu Jitsu Champion can stop Anderson Silva? Do you think Edgar will outwrestle Penn and grab the title? Do you think Renzo will meet the same fate as his cousin (Royce) in his match against Matt Hughes?

Silva
    Penn
    Hughes

.....are my calls, tho I think all 3 will have tough nights.

Too bad Belfort got injured. That would've been waaaay better imo.

Edgar did something I didn't think he could do. He beat Penn, amazing. Hughes won it as I knew he would. Silva won, but he showed no respect. Although I think its confirmed that Silva will drop to Welterweight and face GSP!

I was dissapointed with Bj penn.....he didnt listen to his team and take frankie down.. his BJJ is superior to edgar's...i still think bj penn won that fight 3 rounds to 2......some idiot judge gave all the rounds to frankie edgar......

renzo gracie should of taken the fight to the ground....he won round 1 by landing more shots ....by the second round he was hurting and lost that round....the 3rd round he was completely hurting because of the leg kicks ...

that was shit!!! Penn by no means lost that fight... one judge scored the fight 45-50... WTF... Im not saying Penn put down a stellar performance... but its Edgar's fight to chase... NOT Penn... oh well, we'll have to see the rematch when Penn makes really short work of the young lad

Rookie Poster

was the silva fight as bad as i have read?

Quote Originally Posted by diablito View Post
    that was shit!!! Penn by no means lost that fight... one judge scored the fight 45-50... WTF... Im not saying Penn put down a stellar performance... but its Edgar's fight to chase... NOT Penn... oh well, we'll have to see the rematch when Penn makes really short work of the young lad
    Yeah dude, I am with you. Although I am happy for Edgar that he won. I think if there is a rematch then Penn will make quick work of Edgar.

once they do the rematch.....BJ penn should finish him this time

Quote Originally Posted by DSpar View Post
    was the silva fight as bad as i have read?
    I watched some clips of it and it seems like to me that Silva beats Maia's ass. Maia had a broken nose and a swollen shut left eye. You could tell that Silva was talking shit while fighting Maia. I think that threw Maia off his game. I think Silva is the best P4P fighter, but he wants people to engage him. He was taunting Maia into engaging him. I think he would do well against a wrestler.

On a related note, ESPN discussed the Silva vs. Maia fight. They discussed it on PTI and Sports Nation, normally ESPN doesn't cover MMA unless something newsworthy happens.