Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Junior Poster

......Bad.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyMike View Post
    Recently in the Garden State Governor Christie has asked the NJEA (New Jersey Education Association) to have its members forgo this years salary increases and have teachers put 1.5% of their salary towards their health benefits to close $11 billion deficit. So are unions good or bad in your opinion? Have fun.
    Christie is the worst kind of hypocrite.
    He singles out the teachers union because they supported Corzine and didn't contribute to Christie's campaign.
    He targets teachers, who make on average about $60K per year, in a state where the cost of living is astronomical.
    He turns around and pays his staff more than any other governor, with most making well over $100K. He supports tax breaks for the wealthiest citizens in the state (i.e., his fat-cat Republican buddies).

I don't even have a problem with him asking teachers to take a temporary pay freeze (although I do have a problem with him asking teachers to pay into benefits, if it is not in their contract). However, will the politicians take a pay cut? Will Christie donate his governor's salary back to the state, as I am pretty darn sure he could afford it. What about EVERY STATE EMPLOYEE MAKING OVER $100K - WILL THEY TAKE A PAY CUT?? Every single state, county, and municipal empoyee from the garbage men to the police officers to the firemen all the way up to the highest paid politicians, university presidents (and football coaches) should take a pay freeze, with anyone over $100K taking a pay cut. If that was his plan, then I could agree with a pay freeze for teachers.

Arrow Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyMike View Post
    So are unions good or bad in your opinion? Have fun.
    Bad , too nerfed down to powerlessness ...
    They only stage some protests where it can hurt the already borrowed decaying economy...