5 Star Poster

Default Sex Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren dies at 64

Junior Poster

...ya know---this is a tough one. I'm really sad to see a luminary -or anyone for that matter- lose a battle to cancer. And I'm sure that there's an argument out there that sticks it to the old bugger for screwing a lot of people out of dollars and dignity---but man o man---what a life this guy has lead...for true music fans--this guy ushered in some amazing [exploits] and exposed just how shitty the music industry/labels can be/are...to this day-that "Never Mind the Bullocks..." recording has to the be the most sonically superior written, performed and arranged document of music to this day...right-he'd didn't strum or bang a single note out on that record, but he managed to marshal and cradle the fate of four [five] people that really changed how music, art and pop culture would be influenced to this very day...like it or not...ciao Malcolm-see you up there, man...

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Madonna was not the person who first exposed the rest of the world to Vogueing. Malcolm was. He originated nothing, but had a knack for discovering. RIP Malcolm.

Last edited by Nicole Dupre; 04-09-2010 at 05:33 AM. Reason: found the better version on YouTube

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHunt View Post
    Not the Sex Pistols or Malcolm. lol

Probably Johnny Thunders, Richard Hell, DeeDee Ramone, etc. But not the SexPistols, and certainly not Malcolm. lol

Junior Poster

Probably Johnny Thunders, Richard Hell, DeeDee Ramone, etc. But not the SexPistols, and certainly not Malcolm. lol[/QUOTE]

...Thunders, man-what a mess...I saw him about a month before he passed and he seriously looked like a truck hit him...talk about a wasted talent-got him to sign my '59 Les Paul Junior-I think he really wanted to swipe it an sell it for drugs...Malcolm-a "situationist" extraordinaire...

Junior Poster

While he may not have originated Punk, he gave it a lot of its focus and style. He also brought Hip-Hop to a far wider audience than it may have ever expected to have, whether that is a good or a bad thing depends on your point of view. For my money it was a good thing, just to be clear.
    RIP Malcolm.

It's not hurting anyone,so what's your problem?

5 Star Poster

i was a teddy boy at the time of the punk explosion but i have to admit that the guy had vision

live with honour