Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: Brazil, Thailand or the Philippines

Anyone been to Brazil lately? I always end up going back to Thailand. It's just convenient, english speaking is more prevalent, and it seems easier to meet people because everyone is on vacation.

Thailand!!!!!

Junior Poster

I'm thinking in Colombia

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

It's a hard one. If you've been to Thailand you probably want to try something different like myself. The problem is your usually limited to 2-3 weeks. In South America and Central America there isn't much action going on and it takes a lot of effort to meet people. Most of the areas and clubs to meet people in Brazil are now closed or there is no info on. Everything is spread out in brazil so you have to get a taxi or uber everywhere. There has also been some political reasons that people are just staying away from South America. Also, some older friends from the Philippines and Vietnam advise to go to Thailand. Thailand has a lot more pros. There was a place in Buenos Aires called club Amerika that is fun. Unfortunately, other than that people in Buenos Aires pretty much keep to themselves. They are very friendly and respectful it just it take a lot to warm up to them.

Producer Junior Poster

Thats an unaceptable problem in Brasil. If we want be popular turism area we should have more people speaking english and unfortally it doesnt happen

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Damazo View Post
    Thats an unaceptable problem in Brasil. If we want be popular turism area we should have more people speaking english and unfortally it doesnt happen
    It would be nice but I would never say the English speaking is a problem. Japan has almost no English speaking. If Americans are going to Brasil there should be some effort to learn some of the language. Most Americans are taught Spanish in school and I'm assuming most Brasilians are taught English in school so it might be a little easier for Brasilians to speak English.

Last edited by kj312; 11-23-2022 at 06:52 AM.

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kj312 View Post
    It would be nice but I would never say the English speaking is a problem. Japan has almost no English speaking. If Americans are going to Brasil there should be some effort to learn some of the language. Most Americans are taught Spanish in school and I'm assuming most Brasilians are taught English in school so it might be a little easier for Brasilians to speak English.
    Portuguese is the primary language of Brazil.

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    Portuguese is the primary language of Brazil.
    I'm aware of that. That is why I said it's more difficult for Americans. Portuguese was not an option in my School.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by kj312 View Post
    I'm aware of that. That is why I said it's more difficult for Americans. Portuguese was not an option in my School.

we had french at school and I suck on it

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Damazo View Post
    Do you know what clubs have TS nights in Sao Paulo and Rio? It looks like a lot of them closed.