Thread: No Sound

Default No Sound

Hi y'all.

I just installed a new hard drive on my computer. Everything is working great, except for one small detail. I gots no damn sound. Anyone have any ideas short of taking is in for service?

By the way, I am not a computer geek, so please keep any suggestions in ENGLISH. The hard drive installation was pretty much idiot proof

You are all jealous because the voices only talk to me

Junior Poster

I know this sounds stupid, but check anyway. Are you sure all your connections are tight? Are the speakers connected to the back of your tower, as they should be. are they plugged into a power source? Is your new drive your main drive, or a secondary drive? If primary, then you had to reinstall your entire operating system. For someone not tech savvy, that's a risky endevour. Try calling tech help for your new drive. I added a new secondary drive last year, and the Samsung tech help was great. The guy actually spoke English and had me up and running in 10 min..

Junior Poster

yeah you may just need to reinstall the sound card drivers or if you do not have a seperate sound card you need to install the drivers for the integrated sound on the MB ...but def check the connections first...

Start a song on the hard drive (or play a music CD). While its playing try switching the speaker and microphone plugs around in all the holes and see if that helps. If that doesn't solve it, open your computer case, and make sure that the sound card is still plugged fully into its slot.