Default Avatar the Movie

Just saw it in 2D..will go see it again on the Imax here in Bangkok and catch it in 3-D...one of the best movies I've seen in a long time,and I hate CG too...

Junior Poster

Well, if it's even half as good as the story it's based on (Call Me Joe), it'll be a killer.

"It's not just Mexico folks, gay marriage is also legal in Canada which makes the USA the straight meat in a big gay sandwich." (aka a Fluffernutter) - Steven Colbert

I havent read that story,but this movie is breathtaking....one of the few movies Ive seen that were BETTER than the trailers.

While I dislike movies that are made for the sake of CGFX (2012,300)this movie uses them to tell a great story and the imagery is stunning....cannot wait to see it on the Imax in 3D!

Professional Poster

Saw the movie yesterday in IMAX 3D and it blew me away bigtime! Everything about the movie was perfect, I loved every minute of it.

James Cameron is still King of the World.

Rookie Poster

Cameron wrote the storyline to the movie in the 1990s, however he waited 10 years for movie technology to advance before he put it on the screen.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by willid46
    Cameron wrote the storyline to the movie in the 1990s, however he waited 10 years for movie technology to advance before he put it on the screen.
    OK, so what's your point? Poul Anderson wrote Call Me Joe in 1957.

"It's not just Mexico folks, gay marriage is also legal in Canada which makes the USA the straight meat in a big gay sandwich." (aka a Fluffernutter) - Steven Colbert

Junior Poster

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=57970598001

Call Me Joe has only one aspect, that of telepathic control of an alien lifeform, in similarity with Avatar. One aspect that's similar is hardly plagiarism.

for me the story was crap, but the 3D stuff was FUCKING GREAT, the landscapes, the animals....everything in the movie from this point of view is fantastic, BUT for me is worthy much much more to see it in 3D , it will blow your ...eyes with all this scenes , dont forget refreshments and pop corn

It was an awesome movie, the 3D is incredible, the best 3D movie I have ever seen! The story itself was predictable but so what...it entertains and holds your interest as you get swept up into it!

Junior Poster

you know there aint that many unique stories to begin with.

1. The Cinderella Story - where unrecognised virtue is finally given credit.
    2. The Achilles Story - a fatal flaw in the main character, which leads to tragic consequences.
    3. The Orpheus Story - what happens when former or apparent good fortune is taken away.
    4. The Romeo and Juliet Story - a love story (though it does not have to be tragic)
    5. The Irrepressible Hero Story - the main character has to deal with a series of obstacles and always succeeds.
    6. The Circe Story - the character is drawn, unsuspecting, into a devious plot by a villian.
    7. The Tristan Story - a love triangle.
    8. The Faust Story - a pact made with the devil, who must be paid.