Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How can you global warmest's not be laughing your asses off?

I mean can you really look at this Copenhagen conference and not die laughing? Pastor Al Gore making statements that have to be fully retracted because the principle of his statements denies the findings he states? Hugo Chavez???? WTF...!!! Hahahahahaha... you got Hugo fucking Chavez dictating to us about climate change... hahahahahahaha... was Harpo Marx busy or fucking what???? Maybe you would like Amy Whinehouse to speak about self control? Or maybe Nancy Pelosi about budget restraint? Hahahahahahahahaha...

The riots in the streets by all the Global robots, wanting to take control of the conference. I haven't had this much fun since Carter tried to rescue the hostages in Iran. And then we have Bubba the spender of all who have no money, Mr. Hopey and Changie himself, to help close the conference. Saturday Night Live hasn't had this kind of comedy in years. You douche bags are really scoring some Global points here... maybe if we have a private plane beauty contest you will feel better... 1,200 private limos, and 140 private jet airlines, Oh brother... WTF has this world come to.

I'm sorry but this is the best comedy bit to come around in a long time, and at good time when the world could use a laugh... Copenhagen... hahahahahahahahaha..

'A Timesonline story titled "Inconvenient truth for Al Gore as his north pole sums don't add up", may have been the focal point. Apparently Mr. Gore said, as reported by the Timesonline:

"These figures are fresh. Some of the models suggest to Dr [Wieslav] Maslowski that there is a 75 per cent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during the summer months, could be completely ice-free within five to seven years."

However, the climatologist whose work Mr Gore was relying upon dropped the former Vice-President in the water with an icy blast.

"It's unclear to me how this figure was arrived at," Dr Maslowski said. "I would never try to estimate likelihood at anything as exact as this."

This led the Timesonline to conclude, that:

The embarrassing error cast another shadow over the conference after the controversy over the hacked e-mails from the University of East Anglia's Climate Research Unit, which appeared to suggest that scientists had manipulated data to strengthen their argument that human activities were causing global warming.'

BUT
    'Dr. Wieslaw Maslowski is a Research Professor in the Department of Oceanography at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey California. All this is from his bio on the NPS website. His research includes: arctic oceanography, numerical ocean and sea ice modeling, and climate change -- again from the NPS website. He sounds like a qualified expert to me. Apparently the media has thought so too. Here is what Dr. Masalowski told the New York Times, October 2, 2007 (just 2 years ago):

Experts say the ice retreat is likely to be even bigger next summer because this winter's freeze is starting from such a huge ice deficit. At least one researcher, Wieslaw Maslowski of the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, Calif., projects a blue Arctic Ocean in summers by 2013.

Want him in his own words? Here, at Beyond Zero Emissions, is Dr. Maslowski interviewed by Matthew Wright, with a post date of March 24, 2008 (less than 2 years ago.) Read the transcript of the interview, and by all means download the podcast.

"We speak to Wieslaw Maslowski about his prediction that by the summer of 2013, we will have completely lost ice cover in the Arctic. Dr. Maslowski says that the complete loss of summer ice may actually happen sooner."

Wright: "Ok. So now, it was reported in The New York Times that you said that 2013 was a possibility, and perhaps you'd actually projected this some years ago, that we could lose the summer sea ice extent - that's in the summer solstice is it?"

Maslowski: "That is correct."

Maslowski (later in the interview): "There are some model simulations, single model simulations, that are suggesting that it could possibly occur as early as 2050 or maybe even as early as 2030. Comparing those models simulations predictions with the satellite observations of the Arctic sea ice extent actually shows that most of those models are too conservative predicting the current and the past ice extent changes in the Arctic as has been observed. So the idea is that the climate models - they're underestimating, they are too conservative in their prediction."

Maslowski is on the record stating he thought it possible that we'd lose all summer ice cover in the Arctic by 2013. Let's do some math. That is 3.5 years from now. Gore said 75% chance in 5 to 7 years based apparently on personal conversations with Maslowski. You know what? Gore's statement was a conservative estimate relative to what I found Maslowski has said on the record.'

'Finally, aside from the spitting back and forth on who said what (which could have been avoided if journalists did their jobs) does anybody care that complete loss of sea ice coverage in the Arctic, even if by 2050, would represent a dramatic climatic change in a geological instant in time?

For an understanding of rapid climatic change in the context of geologic time, and the correlation to human activity, see A Day in the Life of the Earth, at Blog on the Universe.'
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-g..._b_394084.html

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Cuchulain, I don't think you're being objective when you address Dr. Maslowski as Dr. Wieslaw Maslowski. Such language belies your bias. Had you called him Wieslaw fucking Maslowski and then laughed Hahahahahaha, then you might have succeeded in hiding your preconceptions from the untrained eyes of your readers.

Oh, I almost forgot, Hahahahahahahaha.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/co...cism-judgment/

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Platinum Poster

I guess dittoheads and paulbots have to laugh to keep from crying these days....well boo fucking hoo...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Veteran Poster

Default Re: How can you global warmest's not be laughing your asses

Quote Originally Posted by Faldur
    I mean can you really look at this Copenhagen conference and not die laughing? Pastor Al Gore making statements that have to be fully retracted because the principle of his statements denies the findings he states? Hugo Chavez???? WTF...!!! Hahahahahaha... you got Hugo fucking Chavez dictating to us about climate change... hahahahahahaha... was Harpo Marx busy or fucking what???? Maybe you would like Amy Whinehouse to speak about self control? Or maybe Nancy Pelosi about budget restraint? Hahahahahahahahaha...

The riots in the streets by all the Global robots, wanting to take control of the conference. I haven't had this much fun since Carter tried to rescue the hostages in Iran. And then we have Bubba the spender of all who have no money, Mr. Hopey and Changie himself, to help close the conference. Saturday Night Live hasn't had this kind of comedy in years. You douche bags are really scoring some Global points here... maybe if we have a private plane beauty contest you will feel better... 1,200 private limos, and 140 private jet airlines, Oh brother... WTF has this world come to.

I'm sorry but this is the best comedy bit to come around in a long time, and at good time when the world could use a laugh... Copenhagen... hahahahahahahahaha..
    Faildur FAILS AGAIN! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. When haven't politicans been easy to laugh at? You might want to try arguing the science and see who looks ridiculous. I dare ya. POK-POK-POK. But instead the skeptics try and make it all about Al Gore. Sure sign of a very weak hand. I'm still waiting to see just ONE paper (JUST ONE! NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK REALLY!!!) that shows the world isn't warming and CO2 isn't a greenhouse gas. If only the reality was funny...

"Global Highlights [November 2009]
    The combined global land and ocean average surface temperature for November 2009 was 0.60°C (1.08°F) above the 20th century average of 12.9°C (55.2°F). This is the fourth warmest such value on record.
    The combined global land and ocean average surface temperature for September-November 2009 was the fourth warmest on record for the season, 0.59°C (1.06°F) above the 20th century average of 14.0°C (57.1°F).
    For the year to date, the combined global land and ocean surface temperature of 14.6 °C (58.2 °F) was the fifth-warmest January-November period on record. This value is 0.56°C (1.01°F) above the 20th century average.
    The worldwide ocean surface temperature for November 2009 was the the fourth warmest on record for November, 0.51°C (0.92°F) above the 20th century average of 15.8°C (60.4°F).
    The seasonal (September-November 2009) worldwide ocean surface temperature was also the fourth warmest on record, 0.50°C (0.90°F) above the 20th century average of 16.0°C (60.7°F).
    In the Southern Hemisphere, both the November 2009 average temperature for land areas, and the Hemisphere as a whole (land and ocean surface combined), represented the warmest November on record."
    http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/?repor...ted=Get+Report

Scientists find CO2 link to Antarctic ice cap origin
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE58D20U20090915

I'm sure it's snowing or going to be snowing somewhere by the end of the year. The fact that I can't seem to get my feet warm coupled with the emails coming through the gate negates all talk about global warming. There's still ice on top of the Himalayas. What's the big deal? Al Gore's still a liberal, ain't he?

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried
    The fact that I can't seem to get my feet warm...
    Try some magnesium, hippi.

Veteran Poster

Man made global warming is a load of shite. ,Because more people aren't into religion and all that shite anymore,they need to believe in something a cause if you will.

The followers of the the climate change bollox, are quite similar to bible thumpers in that when confronted with logic they either run away or get extremely aggressive.

I had one of that lot round my house bullying me the other week.The wife was out otherwise she's have probably believed everything this dusky coloured woman said. She was quite fit actually, and she initally was flirting a bit pity,she was sent round to annoy me. Took her round the front garden and said 'look at those hedges' , explained every week I have to clean them out because all the drunks chuck shit in there.

I said before I decide to recycle anything or go green, you lot should get some enforcement people round here , so I don't have to pick other peoples rubbish up. And apart from that I told her to sort out the street lighting as a woman got assaulted down the road. I hope the lights aren't not working to save energy I says to her.

Thats how you deal with them.Make them feel like complete idiots.They are bothering me a home owner about recycling when they have troops of drunken idiots chucking takeaway packets, beer tins and worse into all our front garden.

Fuck me Iam getting wound up even typing this.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by arnie666
    I had one of that lot round my house bullying me the other week.The wife was out otherwise she's have probably believed everything this dusky coloured woman said. She was quite fit actually, and she initally was flirting a bit pity,she was sent round to annoy me. Took her round the front garden and said 'look at those hedges' , explained every week I have to clean them out because all the drunks chuck shit in there.

I said before I decide to recycle anything or go green, you lot should get some enforcement people round here , so I don't have to pick other peoples rubbish up. And apart from that I told her to sort out the street lighting as a woman got assaulted down the road. I hope the lights aren't not working to save energy I says to her.
    Were you drunk when you typed this? What has the dismal state of your street and you not wanting to recycle got to do with whether or not man-made climate change actually exists?

Thats how you deal with them.Make them feel like complete idiots.
    Okey-dokey...

when confronted with logic they either run away or get extremely aggressive.
    Fuck me Iam getting wound up even typing this.
    Now I am LMAO, Faildur.

Connect the dots and get educated!
    http://alethonews.wordpress.com/2009...-trade-fiasco/

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!