Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

UirCelLanAd suggests
    Reform the out of control malpractice lawsuit system...
    Doctors complain that they order unnecessary tests because of their fear of malpractice suits should their treatment go awry. Malpractice insurance is through the roof, partly because of tort law and partly because malpractice insurance companies are in the business for the ungainly profits to be had. I’m all for tort reform, but I do wonder why a doctor is willing to bet your life against the correctness of his diagnosis and treatment but not willing to bet his financial well being.
    Allow insurance companies to sell across state lines
    Once again, buying insurance across state lines is just a way to avoid state regulations, unless stronger federal regulations are put in place.
    tax employee health insurance. This last one sound controversial but essentially you will be putting money back in the hands of the individual.
    Sure

ILuvGurls writes
    give me one example of something the federal( for that matter any) govt. runs that is effective, socail security, medicare,medicaid, post office, amtrax......they all lose money
    Private business brake even and make profits by raising prices. Why would I want the federal government to raise prices for services when I’m paying for those services? Do I want to pay more for postage? The government should be in the business of providing essential services, not in the business of making profits. Do you really want a significant percentage of the money you pay for heath insurance to go into the coffers of the stockholders and CEO’s? Wouldn’t you prefer that nearly all of it be spent on actually providing someone with healthcare?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Private business brake even and make profits by raising prices. Why would I want the federal government to raise prices for services when I’m paying for those services? Do I want to pay more for postage? The government should be in the business of providing essential services, not in the business of making profits. Do you really want a significant percentage of the money you pay for heath insurance to go into the coffers of the stockholders and CEO’s? Wouldn’t you prefer that nearly all of it be spent on actually providing someone with healthcare?
    we are just going to agree to disagree on this.....make profits i would be thankful if they could break even !!!!

and if you believe that second statement you are living in uptopia not the real world.....obama is in bed with the pharamas and the unions...it's going to be a cluster-fuck of the Nth degree. and the kicker you start paying for it NOW with no sevices rendered till 2013.

i would be thankful if they could break even !!!!
    A government provided service is not a private business. A business exists by the mandate of its owners (the stockholders) and its revenue is determined solely by sales, not the good intentioned contributions of the owners. A government service exists by public mandate and is supported both by the owners; i.e. the public (through taxes) and by minimal revenues provided by those who take advantage of the service. The post office, for example, exists by public mandate. It serves each and every one of us regardless of where we live. For this service we are willing to pay with our taxes as well as through postage we buy when we use the service. Not all the benefits of the service provided by the post office are easily quantified when it comes to assessing its cost/benefit ratio. For example: the post office (i.e. we the taxpayers) subsidize private local businesses by providing cheap rates for third class mail. The flyers and coupons that are put into your mailbox everyday aren’t brought by UPS or FedEx. The businesses who invest in these forms of advertisement deem them worthwhile or they wouldn’t bother to print them. The resulting stimulation to local economies never enters into the accounting when conservatives complain that the post office loses money and that big government programs never benefit small business.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    The businesses who invest in these forms of advertisement deem them worthwhile or they wouldn’t bother to print them. The resulting stimulation to local economies never enters into the accounting when conservatives complain that the post office loses money and that big government programs never benefit small business.
    I think it's entertaining that you bring up the economic stimulation of junk mail advertising, yet you have a hard time with the economic stimulation that results from stockholders getting a return on their investment.

I'm glad Lieberman and a few other people are standing up for my right to MAKE MY OWN DAMN CHOICE. I don't want to sign up for a "public option", and I sure as hell don't want to pay for someone else to be able to enroll in a "public option". If I want an HSA I should be able to get one, if I want a high deductible plan, I should be able to get one. But the bills in question don't allow that. (I admit I'm assuming the Senate bill doesn't allow it, but I have to assume, because the senate doesn't have a FINAL version of the bill... at least not one they've made public).

Give me real solutions, and real reform... but given the government's track record on both those, please forgive me for not holding my breath.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ILuvGurls

and just so you know i consider myself an independent.....every 6 to 8 years i vote against EVERY incumbent.....my reasoning the new guy won't know the ropes
    BINGO! WINNER! Plug your nose and vote out the incumbent. I've been preaching this for years and it greatly illustrates the efficacy of the two-party sham perpetrated upon American citizens.

Special interests and the global elite cum stains need time to woo fresh blood and fiscally strip them of any honor or loyalty to the people they were voted in by. Death of the incumbent might actually outpace the speed of greed.

America, is a sleeping giant right now. some day Rip Van Winkle will awaken.

I'm glad Lieberman and a few other people are standing up for my right to MAKE MY OWN DAMN CHOICE. I don't want to sign up for a "public option",
    Too bad you don't have that choice. Lieberman et. al. took it away from you.

I loved the clip of Al Franken telling the old prick on the Senate floor to basically STFU

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho
    Quote Originally Posted by hereorthere
    Fuck that !

As an American citizen with a proper life and job I refuse to let my too-high-taxes go to pay for the health care of losers who smoke - who drink - who have loser diseases because of corrupt lifestyles - and more.
    Funny how that's the first thing you think of.
    He is just repeating what he heard on Rush.

An amature does it till they get it right,
    A professional does it till they can't get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody
    I loved the clip of Al Franken telling the old prick on the Senate floor to basically STFU
    Lol, yeah, the way LIEberman said "Really?" was priceless. Then McCain jumped to his defense claiming "I've never seen such a thing" when he did it himself to Sen Mark Dayton (D-WV) in the Iraq invasion debate in '02.

The PRESIDING OFFICER. The Senator’s time has expired.

Mr. DAYTON. I ask for unanimous consent that I have 30 seconds more to finish my remarks.

Mr. McCAIN. I object.

Default Re: why is he blocking health care ?

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody
    Joseph Lieberman, senator from Conneticut is an agent of evil.
    He is a criminal

he is owned, bought, and paid off by the private insurance industry to block any attempt to pass universal health coverage for America
    Author and radio host Thom Hartmann believes he's a psychopath. (Hartmann also believes the likes of Bush and Cheney are psychopaths. He's in good company -- ha!ha!)
    Makes you wonder about politicians. (Well, a lot of CEOs are psychopaths.) Are a lot of politicians psychopaths??????????
    I'd recommend reading this book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Snakes-Suits-W.../dp/0060837721