Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Smoking weed isn't actually that effective, IMHO (I think I have some idea about what I'm talking about: I smoke pot from time to time and I am prone to depressive behaviour). The best thing is to go and see your GP.

Another thing: are you sure it's a depression and not a knee-jerk reaction to the rather sickly atmosphere of forced joyfulness and "goodwill to all" that seems to be obligatory at this time of year?

Fork 'andles

You really should consider seeing a Psychiatrist (or ask your GP) since a lot of true "clinical depression" is chemically based and should be medicated (yeah, give me the avalanche of pseudo science about meds, blah, blah)

Just because you don't know about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist: http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...=asc&start=158

Silver Poster

theres probably pills you could take just a thought?[/quote]
    Or a little vacation to a place where the water is blue and the sands are white!

"How you doin!"

Default Psy...

Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    You really should consider seeing a Psychiatrist (or ask your GP) since a lot of true "clinical depression" is chemically based and should be medicated (yeah, give me the avalanche of pseudo science about meds, blah, blah)
    A therapist would be advisable.... Friends help, too. A strong family. Exercise and diet are crucial.

Veteran Poster

Battling some pretty dark demons myself this year, but then going to six funerals (three of them my family, one of them my mother) probably isn't helping.

The first Xmas with a lot of people missing for me.

'We Are, Marshall... Almost home...'

Silver Poster

Default Re: Psy...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben

A therapist would be advisable.... Friends help, too. A strong family. Exercise and diet are crucial.
    And a dick hungry girl friend.....don't forget the dick hungry girl friend!

"How you doin!"

Doctor Screw is my bitch Silver Poster lisaparadise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SXFX
    theres probably pills you could take just a thought?
    Or a little vacation to a place where the water is blue and the sands are white! [/quote]take me with ya damnit

http://www.ts-lisa.com KITTYPRIDE IS MY BITCH

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by lisaparadise
    theres probably pills you could take just a thought?
    Or a little vacation to a place where the water is blue and the sands are white!
    take me with ya damnit[/quote]
    Really you would go with me?
    Would you put sun screen on my shaved head.
    I'm only in OK shape so i won't try and impress you.....much.

Right now, the thing that gets me, and it literally fells as if some thing has my soul is if I see any good looking girls on TV or on the internet.....it just....oh scary feeling. I think it has to do with my girl problems.
    That bitch has me on this fucked up sex diet and it's starting to get to me.
    If my parents didn't love her sorry ass I would dump her ass....but it's that time of year...have to smile...have to make mom happy......god i can't wait till I kick her sorry ass to the curb.

"How you doin!"

Default Re: Man depression is.....woooh!

Just comes out of the ground and grabs your feet, wow!
    This sucks!
    Be safe every one ok, it's the season for it....and well it got me but please every one, be safe and love one another ok!
    Some times a hug.....goes a long way.
    And ladies....please not tapping of the backs when hugging. It's demeaning and well doesn't help matters much.
    S
    i really like the suggestions that were made regarding smoking bud. doing so can put you in another state of mind [most often a creative or deep intellectual state (depending on how much you smoke)] which allows you to see your life in a clearer perspective. now, i realize that there are people reading this [perhaps yourself even] who have never smoked or expanded their minds with drugs, and that is okay; but do not be quick to judge the positive effects that expansion provides the mind. when your mind is free, you can utilize clearer thinking to figure out your path in life, or, at the very least, attempt to determine the true cause for your depression.

also, i might add that having a passion for something will keep you from getting depressed. imagine if you will these two similar, yet completely separate scenarios. the first scenario is getting up each day and going to a job you hate, counting the clock down until you can leave, then doing the same thing the next day, like a machine [i mean, we've all worked this type of job at some point in our lives]. the second scenario is getting up each day and going to a job you love, and never wanting to leave, excited so much for the next day that you cannot sleep and cannot stop thinking about it. so imo, it is only the second scenario which will provide happiness. so based on this comparison, i can say [without question] that ditching my old 9-5 years ago immediately rid me of any depression i may have been having before i decided to do what i really wanted with my life.