Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Just to play devil's advocate(because I agree with you), that time could have been consumed by the subjugation of the galaxy. Not every planet was going to buy into Palpatine's new order right away, or at all, in some cases. Plus, look at the scale of the project -- the size of a small moon.

I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence-- Frederick Douglass

Professional Poster

Our largest ships take years to build...i think 15-20 would only be possible with the empires slave labor regime, and thats taking into account droid labor as well, which no one trusts because of the droid rebellion...

Professional Poster

You know who I feel sorry for it the workers and contractor who die in Return of the Jedi. You know the guys working on the second unfinished Deathstar.

Professional Poster

Palpatine was a "plans within plans within plans" type of guy. He probably was working on a second death star at the same time. Since the rebels probably knew about the first death star, because he started working on it during the fall of the republic, he probably started working on the second (secret one) a few years later, just in case.

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips

Junior Poster

A project of this magnitude, incorporating all of that technology, who's to say they succeeded the first time? It's very possible they destroyed a few, during construction.

Junior Poster

oh, btw, what bothered me more, was that in "A New Hope" Obi-Wan knew nothing of R2 or Threepio. He acted as though he had never seen them before. Also, in 20 years, how did Obi-Wan go from being like 30, to looking like he was well over 80?

Rookie Poster

I wonder if there were any Tgirls on the DeathStar

Junior Poster

only 7 tgirls on the death star.

There is actually a moon in our solar system that looks like a death star.

Junior Poster

Here in Boston we've experienced a similar construction fiasco, known colloquially as The Big Dig, the preliminary engineering for which began in the 1980s and which has run up costs of some 14 billion dollars.