Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Default Time To Rule The World! (silly video game thread)

Civilization 4 just came out. . .and I just came in my pants. I'm kidding of course, actually I came all over my desk.

Now that everyone reading this thread has that wonderful mental image in their heads, I seriously left work and picked up the game right now. I start playing tonight. I use to keep a blog running on this one girls forums about my gaming exploits, but she was mean and wouldn't let me join her guild (and told me to "shut up", too) so I think I'll keep a running thread here about my conquest of the Civ world.

hehe, I'm sure everyone is just thrilled.

Junior Poster

Excellent....I'm a bit of a CivIII junky. I was unaware of CivIV, thanks for the info. Question re system requirements. I've noticed that my system is at the cusp of not meeting the requirements for some new games. I have a Pentium 4 1.7 gig 256RAM Nvidia Gforce 2MX. Most issues seem to revolve around my video card, any input as to ease of upgrade, should I stick with Nvidia or can I get a radeon(sp)? As far as the new game goes, how is it? I always wished it was a bit more like age of empires in terms of battle. Are the graphics better?

Sys Req is 1.8 ghz processor, 512 RAM, 128 MB video card (can even be an older DX 8 card, but DX 9 is recommended).

The minimum is a 1.2 ghz proc, 256 RAM, 64 MB video equal to Radeon 7500.

Don't know anything else about the game yet, I'm installing it when I get home, then playing the hell out of it. I get lost in these damn things, I'll post later tonight with my first impressions.

Not bad at all so far. A little too much attention was put into flashy graphics, but that's ok. I have nothing against that sort of stuff at all, it enhances the atmosphere of the game. It's like FPS vs turn based strategy, different strokes and all that. I have the highest respect for a l33t FPS player, but I'm not good at FPS at all. Both forms of gaming require a great deal of skill and intelligence, just different approaches to gaming.

They changed things up a bit, but it's still a Civ game. I played four hours tonight without touching the manual. It's a more radical departure from Civ 3 in that game mechanics related to lots of aspects have been changed, particularily the Tech Tree. It's been broken up and expanded into different areas.

I'm playing as the Romans right now, will change to Greeks or Persians for my next game. Then I get serious, ramp things up, and try out things as the Japanese.

There's nothing cooler then a samurai. Honorable and unbreakable.

Civ and Chess are essentially the only computer games I play. Civ IV is a dramatic improvement over Civ III with better diplomacy and harder wars. A great game for any strategically inclined gamer.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

5 Star Poster

Wow you should blog about your exploits on a friendly site where people can read it after the topic gets cold.

Yeah yeah, I'll come home tomarrow.

Rookie Poster

I got the Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth today...yeah...that's a game I'm only playing with the lights on in the middle of the day...with people...

Bethesda finally released Call Of Cuthulu?! Good grief, I've been waiting forever for that, not just because it's most likely an awesome RPG (and I grew up reading H. P. Lovecraft), but now they can get off their asses and get to work on Fallout 3. They bought the rights to the franchise several months ago.

Well, this is all good, I need to dive back into gaming for awhile. It's also a little sad, because I'm going to miss this Hung Angels place and the cool people I've met here. I guess sooner or later a guy just has to accept his fate and find his place in the online world, whatever the hell that might mean.

If anyone want's to read my strange ramblings, you'll probably know what forum/blog you can find me on.

Adios, and take care everyone.

In the virtual sense of things, I'm going back home.

Rookie Poster

Doesn't this look like someone we know...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	allanahdark_140.jpg 
Views:	1359 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	32232