Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Junior Poster

Honda, or any other Civ head out there, a question. Is it safe to delete previous versions of Civ from my system after installing a new version, or does each new install draw from previous versions? Also, any of you guys ever upgraded your game cards on your pc? First, I currently have a geforce 2, running windows xp home (service pk2),1.7 ghz pentium 4, 256 sdram. I want to upgrade my card and ram. Is it a difficult process? What card do you recommend. I'm thinking of staying with geforce just because I figure if that's what I already have, then I will have fewer conflicts, eventhough it seems like radeon is a better choice performance wise. Also, with sdram is it still necessary to pair your ram or could I get something larger than 256 and pair it with my existing 256, or am I confined to getting another 256 for a total of 512? Any and all advice appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by kennbo
    Honda, or any other Civ head out there, a question. Is it safe to delete previous versions of Civ from my system after installing a new version, or does each new install draw from previous versions? Also, any of you guys ever upgraded your game cards on your pc? First, I currently have a geforce 2, running windows xp home (service pk2),1.7 ghz pentium 4, 256 sdram. I want to upgrade my card and ram. Is it a difficult process? What card do you recommend. I'm thinking of staying with geforce just because I figure if that's what I already have, then I will have fewer conflicts, eventhough it seems like radeon is a better choice performance wise. Also, with sdram is it still necessary to pair your ram or could I get something larger than 256 and pair it with my existing 256, or am I confined to getting another 256 for a total of 512? Any and all advice appreciated.
    It's safe to uninstall previous versions of Civ once you have installed the new version. I have done so without any problems. As for RAM, you definitely want to upgrade to 512. Also, make sure your video card handles T&L, which has been a problem for a number of people who have bought the game. Upgrading is easy.

If you haven't played the newest version yet, I can tell you that it is, by far, the best yet and well worth the cost of upgrading your system.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.