Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: how tall

Well I am not sure how tall a woman it should be... I do have a little problem accepting than I am kinda short... I am 5'3" and usually I wear 4" heels so I can get to be average, when I go out I like to look a little tall as other woman since I just do not feel comfortable with my height, my Man tells me it is the right height but who knows...
    When I used to participate in beauty pageants I always was the shortest girl in the pageant and used the platforms shoes to stand close to the other contestants, lol. Oh well , men love us when we are petite but some girls want to be a few inches shorter and other like me need at least a couple inches more... just my two cents

Love... Cinthya.

"I used to dream, it became a reality. Now the reality it feels like a dream..." You are who you truly believe you are, I am now the one my mirror reflected .

Height can influence blending but no more or less than anything else.

For someone who is borderlne passable, anything that makes them stand out in public is going to increase the odds of being clocked. The taller someone is, the more likely they're going to have people in public notice them.

That's true for everything. The more unusual you dress the more you're going to stand out in public. The crazier your hair is, the more you're going to stand out in public. The more revealing you dress the more you're going to stand out in public. Anything that makes you stand out of a crowd is going to make passing harder because it will get people to look at you, when normally they wouldn't notice your existence.

But if someone passes well, then they're still going to get looked at, it will just be no more than "wow, that girl is really tall" instead of "wow, that girl is really tall... er wait a minute, I wonder if she's a guy." For someone who doesn't pass well, the best thing they can try to do to cope with it would be to try to keep from standing out; meaning staying away from tall heels when tall, not showing a lot of skin, not wearing bright colors, dressing age appropriately, etc.

Tall girls also flock to tall girls. If a tall girl sees another tall girl, she'll almost always walk up to the other girl and be like "wow, it's so nice to see another tall girl around here" and then start making small talk. So you're going to have to be able to deal with that. If they come up to you to make small talk and they get the impression that something is odd about you, that could raise questions. I think a lot of trans people early on can't handle it when situations like that happen, a lot of people who haven't been fulltime long (or not yet at all) aren't usually able to deal with having strangers come up to them like that. For instance one of the typical ways girls interact with each other is they'll make a quick smile towards another when passing in a hallway or in a restroom, with the expectation that they'd get the same in return. If someone is so worried about passing that this makes them nervous instead of naturally reacting the way a GG would, that's going to come off as strange.

That's one of the reasons why confidence is so important to passing. If you feel like you're not supposed to be in the restroom, scared that you're going to get clocked, you're going to look out of place and get clocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere
    I believe they're near typical XY averages, just like AIS women are, as well, meaning they're above the 5'4" average for XX girls.
    That would be about right, MtF people are around the height of average guys in a given ethnicity.

Then shoe selection plays a role in how much taller trans people appear to be in public. The really large shoe sizes, like over 12, don't have a lot of selection so it's hard for a girl who is tall to shop based on heel height. If you want a pair of a specific type of boots in 14, you might not be able to find a pair with less than a 3" heel. Do the math here, if you're 6'2 and put on a 3" heel you're going to be 6'5, about a foot taller than the average GG is w/out heels. If you're 6'2 and wear 4" heels you're going to be taller than most guys in public.

Plus the shoe industry assumes any really large size (like 14s, 15s, 16s) will mostly be bought by TV's or guys who want them for halloween costumes, so the selection is pretty limited to crazy heel heights. So if someone is really tall (over 6') and has a shoe size in the extreme range, they might end up being left with either really tall heels, or having to pay to have shoes custom made for them ($$).

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Rookie Poster

lol well thats comforting

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TsJANIRA
    Sweet I am 6'0 ..& with Manolo Blahniks 6'4.

There is not a limit to whom you can be , Aslong as you feel confident and secure in every step of the way!!

I used to feel so inadequate because I was much taller than all of the other girls, and yes I even got tons of flack for it from them. It was not till someone told me, that i should not see it as a short coming but to embrass it , and "LOVE IT, , he also made me see that my height has nothing to do with being able to blend into society , and has nothing at all to do with being less femme. Thanks to him I LOVE MY HEIGHT
    Was that me? I think that was me, JK. First time I saw you, Janira, getting out of a cab on South Beach I was like "Damn, what a beautiful, tall woman! Omg!" You can be whatever you want to be. It is definitely about confidence though. Many people have excelled at things when others told them their height was inappropriate. Never let others dictate what you can be. What do they know?
    I will say I saw this tgirl years ago that had to be about 6'7". I'm sure she got alotta odd looks but kudos to her for being confident enough to do that. So that should be your first step, developing confidence. Alotta guys will be insecure around girls taller than them, but they don't represent every man. Hey remember there are girls in the WNBA taller than you, so you can still do this!

"I don't see it that way. I see it as a complete and total betrayal of my testicles!"

Rookie Poster

i have to say the woman on here are some of the most amazing people you've all been extremely supportive

Carissa Nichole Rookie Poster Carissa00031's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mons147
    i have to say the woman on here are some of the most amazing people you've all been extremely supportive
    I like to wish you luck if you decide to transiton. The girls here are right, you are an extremely handsome man & chances are great if you dedicate yourself, that you will end being a really gorgeous woman.
    I am a girl who transitioned later in life, starting 15 months ago at 43, but have no regrets because I had to dedicate myself on establishing a good work career, taking care of my dad until he passed away & being a fulltime caregiver are some of the reasons why I delayed it until recently.
    You are still young & hope all the posts here have given you hope to take this next step forward.
    You seem really genuine on asking all of us for advice & guidance & God bless. I sent you a private message & keep in touch.
    Take care.
    Thanks, Carissa

Doctor Screw is my bitch Silver Poster lisaparadise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carissa00031
    I like to wish you luck if you decide to transiton. The girls here are right, you are an extremely handsome man & chances are great if you dedicate yourself, that you will end being a really gorgeous woman.
    I am a girl who transitioned later in life, starting 15 months ago at 43, but have no regrets because I had to dedicate myself on establishing a good work career, taking care of my dad until he passed away & being a fulltime caregiver are some of the reasons why I delayed it until recently.
    You are still young & hope all the posts here have given you hope to take this next step forward.
    You seem really genuine on asking all of us for advice & guidance & God bless. I sent you a private message & keep in touch.
    Take care.
    Thanks, Carissa
    wow great story at 43?amazing you are a beautty i did it before i turned 40 thank god but as for how tall i am 5 feet 6 and shrinking lol

http://www.ts-lisa.com KITTYPRIDE IS MY BITCH

Veteran Poster

Lisa, why do you say you are shrinking?

Quote Originally Posted by lisaparadise
    Take care.
    Thanks, Carissa
    wow great story at 43?amazing you are a beautty i did it before i turned 40 thank god but as for how tall i am 5 feet 6 and shrinking lol

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R
    Lisa, why do you say you are shrinking?

i am 5 feet 6 and shrinking lol
    By the "lol" at the end of her post, it looks like she was joking. People, as they get older, (50s, 60s and older,) do lose a small amount of height.

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed
    you guys would drool over Klinger as long as he was in a dress.

Carissa Nichole Rookie Poster Carissa00031's Avatar

Take care.
    Thanks, Carissa
    Lisa,
    Appreciate the compliment & you look amazing yourself. I never had any surgeries done yet, but plan on getting breast implants sometime next year. I am going to be 45 years old on April 24 & feel young inside like I do outside.
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my height....I am 6'1" tall.
    I have been at this height since I was 15 years old & just seem to have stopped growing.
    I am glad to see another older girl here & hope we can become friends.
    Take care & wishing you a good afternoon.
    Thanks, Carissa