Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried
    It's not treason either, Mike. Treason is clearly defined as aid to the enemy. That's not what happened here. This was murder. It's a violation of the UCMJ, but that doesn't make it treason. Military personnel kill each other periodically, & there's rules in the code to deal with it. Even when some pissed off grunt tosses a frag into an officers tent, in the middle of the war zone, it's not treason. It's murder. The numbers don't change that.

Too many people have tried to read too much into this that just isn't there. Personally, I'm hard pressed to find a lot of difference between this guy & the Columbine kids. I think it was a failed attempt at suicide by cop. He didn't protect himself with a vest or anything. He got shot up. I doubt that he figured on surviving the incident. Oops!
    I'm certainly not alone in considering Hasan a murderous traitor to his country and his fellow soldiers, and treason is what you charge traitors with:

Main Entry: trai·tor
    Pronunciation: \ˈtrā-tər\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English traytour, from Anglo-French traitre, from Latin traditor, from tradere to hand over, deliver, betray, from trans-, tra- trans- + dare to give — more at date
    Date: 13th century
    1 : one who betrays another's trust or is false to an obligation or duty
    2 : one who commits treason

"Assuming Hasan is convicted, and no exculpatory evidence exonerates him, I would prefer to think of him as a traitor, than a terrorist. It's a more accurate description of his (alleged) act. Turning his weapon on his fellow soldiers was an act of profound betrayal. We have terrorists aplenty in this world: to call Hasan one more doesn't really do justice to the heinousness of his act. To call him traitor, a man who declared war on his own country and countrymen, is more apt."

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino
    And may I add, pawns on a grand chessboard being manipulated and moved around by the will of the masters of war.
    You're such a pathetic cliche.

Are those nasty Bilderberg folks still keeping you up nights, Kaczynski?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Strike a nerve did I? Go cook up some more BS, Chef. It's your SPECIALTY!!

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

You're not alone, Mike. There's a lot of people who think all kinds of things about this incident. This is America. Everybody's entitled to an opinion. Even Nino. But Hassan won't be charged with either terrorism or treason because the evidence doesn't support such charges. I'm not even sure how much premeditation was involved. We may never know. It's rare that we catch a mass mureder alive to ask why, but this guy is trained in the art of psychological manipulation, so I'm not all that sure that anything he says can be trusted.

I notice this story's fallen by the wayside. The coverage stopped after about a week. I guess Tiger's more interesting, or whatever goosip was happening in between the Tiger thing & the cessation of coverage of the mass murder.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Well, Hippi, you are correct sir... Everybody is entitled to an opinion (even ME, very subtle there wise ass) Unfortunately however, the vast pool of opinions seem to be getting less and less diverse as the years roll by. See the following chart and see for yourself how tightly the information is controlled. Almost starting to reek of fascism a little, eh?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	media_ownership_204.gif 
Views:	100 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	290481  

what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    BEEP BEEP!

That's a good graph. It shows the effect of supply side monopolistic thinking. Of course you have to remember that the FCC doesn't control print media, & that the hundreds of independents are in single markets.

So what does it have to do with this topic?

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

The Graph has to do with everything about this topic. The niddy griddy details of the Wars are censored and filtered (so that you will not see the horor that it brings to both sides) through your television sets. If it were allowed, the wars would end in short order. Common citizens would *see* the expendibility factor for their own eyes; if the media wasn't controlled by the same corporations that own defense contractors, that make $ off of war. It seems as tho you like being spoonfed mainstream news drivel, however.

BEEP BEEP!

As far as I know, the only war we've ever engaged in, where the media wasn't censored, was VietNam. That fiasco lasted 10 years. If we hadn't lost outright, we'd still be there. We've had a perpetual war going on since 1941. It remains to be seen if there's a change in the mindset, & we start winding it all down & concentrate on humanitarian problems. Regrdless, anything is going to take years. There's no instant fix.

~ Kinky Friedman ~

It should be noted that the media is in fact censored. It is controlled and inhibited from circulating the truly graphic photos and videos that tell the tales and greusome nature of warfare. The reasons for this are obvious, but very disingenuous. FTW

BEEP BEEP!

Again, already known & understood. You're not imparting any secrets, Nino.

~ Kinky Friedman ~