Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tsmandy
    Quote Originally Posted by pantybulge69
    doesn't matter anymore...
    this mutha is so corrupted and rigged til it ain't funny.

hard to even to take it serious anymore.
    Agreed. Some pretty glaring omissions.

What about Yasmin Lee? Jessica Host? Natassia Dreams? In my mind those girls really deserved the nom just as much as any of the other nominees.
    Thank you Mandy! We were all nominated last year! I guess the directors that we shot for this year didnt push us as much as last but with that being said I wish ALL the nominees luck even though im partial to some. Maybe next year youll be nominated Mandy make it happen!!

Quote Originally Posted by bat1
    Why don't the Brazilian Trans girls ever get on the list???
    Brazil has the best looking Tgirls in the world....

let me add this....''In My opinion''

I might get flamed here
    A brazilian did get nominated this year. Ana Paula Samadat (spelling?)

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

Everyone who is making such broad statements needs to really just get
    acquainted with AVN awards nomination process and how the winner is selected- criteria which Wendy mentioned. Also who has won-Vaniity, Vicki Richter, Gia Darling, Buck Angel, Allanah Starr, Wendy Williams-who was instrumental in the creation of the award: Joanna Jet and such.

The award is not a beauty pageant- it's called 'perfomer' not 'most beautiful'.

If you are a performer and you wish to be nominated for your body of work it is essential that you campaign the producers and directors you have worked with to submit you as a nominee- you have to make yourself visible, promote yourself- this is not a fan award, it is an industry award-which means you must make yourself visible to people in the industry.

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC
    If you are a performer and you wish to be nominated for your body of work it is essential that you campaign the producers and directors you have worked with to submit you as a nominee-
    We always nominated 3-4 models who've worked on the DVD's that we're entering for nomination this year. Unlike some companies who submit every single DVD they've released, we only submit a selective few and I was disappointed not to see "Cowboys and Shemale Indians" there. It's fairly easy to see who we nominated ... just look to see who was in "Hazel Does Hollywood" and "Transexdomination".

However, I have a zero rate of my nominated models winning since this award started

Veteran Poster

The only name I was really surprised not to see was, foxxy. But it is, what it is. Next year there will be a new batch of names up for the award, and a new batch of people, including some of the old ones... complaining about the same shit. With that said.. Congrats & Good luck, to all the nominees!

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC
    Everyone who is making such broad statements needs to really just get
    acquainted with AVN awards nomination process and how the winner is selected- criteria which Wendy mentioned. Also who has won-Vaniity, Vicki Richter, Gia Darling, Buck Angel, Allanah Starr, Wendy Williams-who was instrumental in the creation of the award: Joanna Jet and such.

The award is not a beauty pageant- it's called 'perfomer' not 'most beautiful'.

If you are a performer and you wish to be nominated for your body of work it is essential that you campaign the producers and directors you have worked with to submit you as a nominee- you have to make yourself visible, promote yourself- this is not a fan award, it is an industry award-which means you must make yourself visible to people in the industry.
    point taken. I hadn't really thought of it that way.

Good Luck and Congrats to u too Celeste....

Olivia Love

Veteran Poster

Its just insanity to me is all. I was unaware that Joanna had never won, actually it blows my mind. Also that Danielle never won either, I wish she had been nominated this year.

I like that the Tranny awards exist but still there are very few categories for performers in comparison to the straight side of the industry. Where is our most outrageous scene award, or best gonzo performer? So many ways that performers on the other side of the aisle get recognized that we do not. I think there should be a best top award, best anal bottom award, best switch etc...
    After all we have such a specialized niche, some guys only watch bottom girls and vice versa and who can say if Hazel or Jesse is a better performer when they do very different things?
    actually i can do everything im not just a top?

Quote Originally Posted by jesseflo
    Its just insanity to me is all. I was unaware that Joanna had never won, actually it blows my mind. Also that Danielle never won either, I wish she had been nominated this year.

I like that the Tranny awards exist but still there are very few categories for performers in comparison to the straight side of the industry. Where is our most outrageous scene award, or best gonzo performer? So many ways that performers on the other side of the aisle get recognized that we do not. I think there should be a best top award, best anal bottom award, best switch etc...
    After all we have such a specialized niche, some guys only watch bottom girls and vice versa and who can say if Hazel or Jesse is a better performer when they do very different things?
    actually i can do everything im not just a top?
    Don't worry Jesse I haven't forgotten. .

Rookie Poster

I love all the girls but I have to root for Olivia to win. She played a pretty pivotal role in my coming of age ... too hot to ignore, y'know?