Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

As someone still in his early 20s, I'm going to say yes. Musically, we're comparing apples to oranges, however, in terms of her pop culture impact on girls my age she's madonna-esque. On Halloween there must have been 50 Lady Gaga's and that was one party alone. She's not the biggest pop star-that honor goes to Taylor Swift-but there is no denying that she ingratiated herself on our collective pysche. She's awesome and long live Gaga!

Great post since the since so many comparisons have been made. Yes and no. There are similarities with shock effect. "Like A Virgin" believe it or not was controvertial in the 80's. Lady Gaga's voice breaking out is more trained than Madonna's was when she made her debut but Madonna paved the way for Lady Gaga to do what she's doing now, not to take away from Lady Gaga's originality.

It's kind of like comparing Coco Chanel's Chanel to Karl Lagerfeld's Chanel or Versace to Donatella's Versace. The same spirit is embodied by both generations and it's a great thing to witness, much like seeing a torch handed off. There's no need to disect what's so obvious.

Prince borrowed from Little Richard and Jimi Hendrix. Ne-Yo, Chris Brown and Usher borrowed from Michael Jackson. Talent refurbished is not a bad thing if new artists put their own stamp on their work. Comparisons will be made for new artists forever. It's all good as long as artist like Gaga can add something we've never seen before to what's tried, true, fresh and entertaining.

http://caramelstgirls.com
    Interviews, Reviews and Resources

http://tsdreamland.com
    Photo and Video Galleries

http://caramelsgirls.com
    Glamour, Pinup, Fetish, Goth & BDSM

http://twitter.com/tscaramel
    Caramel on Twitter

Junior Poster

Default Re: IS LADY GAGA THIS GENERATIONS MADONNA THOUGHTS?

For what Lady Gaga has accomplished since she emerged, compared to Madonna in the same amount of time, I think Lady Gaga has her beat hands down. Madonna is a smart business woman. Lady Gaga has a better voice.

Let's see will LGG stand the test of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dina Delicious
    so what do you think is LADY GAGA this generations MADONNA?

Professional Poster tommymageeshemales2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hara_Juku Tgirl
    Not Madonna per se but I think he has a lot of potential to be just like "Madonna". Even Madonna was quoted saying "I see a lot of myself in Lady Gaga".

I love her!!

:P

~Kisses.

HTG
    woah. isn't that typical of Madonna? Of course she'd like to attach herself, or at least highlight the similarities between herself and flavour of the month (this month we're serving Gaga on a spit roast)....and i'll take the rump of that spit roast. She has a fine ass indeed.

biberkopf Rookie Poster biberkopf's Avatar

I think Gaga could very well turn out to be this generations Madonna. We'll see in a few more years. I think she's very talented and will probably be around for a while.

And after all, when Madonna started out no one expected her to become what she is today. I remember when Holiday and Lucky Star came out, people didn't even know who she was. It wasn't until Borderline that most people were able to identify her by name. Back then who thought she would last?

Gaga has impressed herself on the public a lot quicker than Madonna did back then. We'll have to see what the next few years bring.

Junior Poster

Not even close. Until she's banged freaks like Denis Rodman she'll never be whore enough.

Veteran Poster

Not a Madonna yet, she's got ways to go.

Incidentally though I'm not a big fan of the whole "_______ is this generation's _______!"

It's like when Radiohead released OK Computer everyone was saying "Wow! These guys are truly the heirs to The Beatles." It's just uncreative pigeon-holing that tends to create preconceptions about what an artist should be doing.

Incidentally I like everything about Gaga except the music which I find fucking horrible, the fact that she's kinda aping David Bowie and other glam based rock styles is cool, but the music makes me want to tear my ears off. Of course I have to say this, otherwise the ghost of Sid Vicious will ascend from hell and take away my punk-rock membership card.

This is pretty awesome though.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/254168

What's Bruce Lee's favourite drink? Wataaahhhhh!!

Professional Poster

C'mon. She's just getting started. What made Madonna Madonna was a series of top hits and pop relevance for DECADES! Madonna is the last true music icon. Michael Jackson's dead. There will be no more like them--- times are waaay too different now.
    But BTW, if she had wanted to, I think Gwen Stefani was more Madonna-like, as far as appeal, ability to sing outlandishly varied genres (think Madonna's Dick Tracy stuff, Santa Baby etc.), and potential to do Movies that keep her relevant, but are financial flops!!

"I don't see it that way. I see it as a complete and total betrayal of my testicles!"

5 Star Poster

Madonna is history.

she has a LONG way to go before she can even be compared to Madonna...IMHO.