Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Coroner
    Every human being can see and feel the consequences, yet I don´t understand why people don´t oppose and take back what´s anchored in their constitution: popular sovereignty!
    Bread and circuses, Coroner. Just as in the days of old Rome.

"This is the thing to bomb. This is the beginning—from "I" to "we". If you who own the things people must have could understand this, you might preserve yourself. If you could separate causes from results, if you could know that Paine, Marx, Jefferson, Lenin were results, not causes, you might survive. But that you cannot know. For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I", and cuts you off forever from the "we"."
    - John Steinbeck.

Things have to get really bad before revolution appeals to the majority. Until then, a full stomach and "full mind" dulls the senses.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere
    Actually, the reason he's not making progress is because he's just appealing to his backers (construction, unions, etc):

By sheer numbers, the "economy" has recovered... with no jobs, since they're pushing the working people to their limits, and see that "oh we don't need to hire anyone back." All Obama needed to do was tie in DIRECT TAX BREAKS FOR HIRING MORE PEOPLE (making it highly inexpensive to increase staff) and it would be a slam dunk. More people working would mean increased buying power and would build upwards, doing the trick.

But, because there is currently NO INCENTIVE for companies to hire more people, they simply won't.

No stimulus money in the world will provide an incentive for companies to hire more people. They'll just fix their issues and increase profits with the same (SQUEEZED) staff.

I don't understand how they don't get such a simple concept.

+1

So, ummm... What makes anybody think there's no progress? Did y'all expect a magic wand to turn the whole country & world around in a week? All changes happen incrimentally. The President walked into a pretty big mess. He can't make law or allocate funding you know.

On the economic front, everybody was told over & over going in that this would all take time, & that it would most likely get worse before it started getting better. The economic stimulous bill is 9 months old & has a 2 year timeline for distribution. As far as I can see, it's close to being on schedule. TARP was inherited, & has virtually stopped while Treasury is still holding about a quarter of the allocation in reserve. AIG's being wound down, GM's out of bankrupsy, the market's up... Where's the lack of progress?

The House has already passed a healthcare reform bill, with a public option. The Senate's debating theirs now, & will most likely pass it next month. Reconciliation will likely take till sometime in January, so he won't be able to sign it before Christmas like he wanted to. OH NO! Such a disaster! I guess the sky must be falling & all progress has come to a screeching halt because Congress took an extra month.

The detention facility at Guantanamo Bay Naval Base is thinning out, as promised. It may take a few extra months past the one year mark to get it totally shut down, but what the hell. KSM is on his way to New York to face a really pissed off jury. We get to make a media circus out of it & show the world that we can give somebody a fair trial before we kill them. We should televise our humane method of putting down 2 legged rabid dogs too. That should be a hit on Youtube.

Iraq's winding down. Again, a couple of months added to the timeline, but the revised schedule seems to be holding. I'll have to withhold judgement on Afghanistan until the final revised plan is revealed. Now before anyone starts kissing Cheney's ass & yammering about "dithering", Don't forget that it took over 4 months for President Bush to make his decision on the surge in Iraq. I'll be the first to start shrieking if we get into any more stupid wars, but for now, I think the military might of America is in good hands. That's progress in itself, but it really didn't take much to get better than what we had.

So what's next? Gonna revive the birth certificate snivel? Let's remember that all television is an entertainment medium. Pundits & blowhards are on there to fill time. Columnists write their blather whether there's anything to write about or not. The lowest rated channels on cable are the 5 that supposedly focus on "news" 24/7. They're just barely hanging above public access. They can't even keep up with the Golf Channel, & it's not in all the markets.

Teabags -- the new Kool-Aid.

Oh my! Jooooos? Damn, & here I thought I was supposed to be worrying about commies, mooselimbs, & the occasional lone wolf domestic terrorist that only coincidentally happens to be a Klan/Nazi. Is there a vaccine?

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere
    Actually, the reason he's not making progress is because he's just appealing to his backers (construction, unions, etc):

By sheer numbers, the "economy" has recovered... with no jobs, since they're pushing the working people to their limits, and see that "oh we don't need to hire anyone back." All Obama needed to do was tie in DIRECT TAX BREAKS FOR HIRING MORE PEOPLE (making it highly inexpensive to increase staff) and it would be a slam dunk. More people working would mean increased buying power and would build upwards, doing the trick.

But, because there is currently NO INCENTIVE for companies to hire more people, they simply won't.

No stimulus money in the world will provide an incentive for companies to hire more people. They'll just fix their issues and increase profits with the same (SQUEEZED) staff.

I don't understand how they don't get such a simple concept.

+1
    -1....trickle-down economics...BS by any other name....

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried
    So, ummm... What makes anybody think there's no progress? Did y'all expect a magic wand to turn the whole country & world around in a week? All changes happen incrimentally. The President walked into a pretty big mess. He can't make law or allocate funding you know.

On the economic front, everybody was told over & over going in that this would all take time, & that it would most likely get worse before it started getting better. The economic stimulous bill is 9 months old & has a 2 year timeline for distribution. As far as I can see, it's close to being on schedule. TARP was inherited, & has virtually stopped while Treasury is still holding about a quarter of the allocation in reserve. AIG's being wound down, GM's out of bankrupsy, the market's up... Where's the lack of progress?

The House has already passed a healthcare reform bill, with a public option. The Senate's debating theirs now, & will most likely pass it next month. Reconciliation will likely take till sometime in January, so he won't be able to sign it before Christmas like he wanted to. OH NO! Such a disaster! I guess the sky must be falling & all progress has come to a screeching halt because Congress took an extra month.

The detention facility at Guantanamo Bay Naval Base is thinning out, as promised. It may take a few extra months past the one year mark to get it totally shut down, but what the hell. KSM is on his way to New York to face a really pissed off jury. We get to make a media circus out of it & show the world that we can give somebody a fair trial before we kill them. We should televise our humane method of putting down 2 legged rabid dogs too. That should be a hit on Youtube.

Iraq's winding down. Again, a couple of months added to the timeline, but the revised schedule seems to be holding. I'll have to withhold judgement on Afghanistan until the final revised plan is revealed. Now before anyone starts kissing Cheney's ass & yammering about "dithering", Don't forget that it took over 4 months for President Bush to make his decision on the surge in Iraq. I'll be the first to start shrieking if we get into any more stupid wars, but for now, I think the military might of America is in good hands. That's progress in itself, but it really didn't take much to get better than what we had.

So what's next? Gonna revive the birth certificate snivel? Let's remember that all television is an entertainment medium. Pundits & blowhards are on there to fill time. Columnists write their blather whether there's anything to write about or not. The lowest rated channels on cable are the 5 that supposedly focus on "news" 24/7. They're just barely hanging above public access. They can't even keep up with the Golf Channel, & it's not in all the markets.

Teabags -- the new Kool-Aid.

Oh my! Jooooos? Damn, & here I thought I was supposed to be worrying about commies, mooselimbs, & the occasional lone wolf domestic terrorist that only coincidentally happens to be a Klan/Nazi. Is there a vaccine?

Well.....

http://www.sphere.com/2009/11/09/opi...uble-for-obama

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by arnie666
    Could it just be that Obama is Blair with a skin tan? All nice talk and nothing to back it up? You see this is why Obama ,the gangsters he surrounds himself with and the washington establishment with all their 'interests' are so afraid of Palin.She for all her crapness in giving interviews to barren jealous libtards isn't afraid to put corrupt bastards of her own party in orange jumpsuits and tell big corporations to fuck off .

You see if the libtards (some of whom secretly admire her by the way ) were still pro her (they loved her when the pitbull went off her leash and she was going after her own party and the oil companies in Alaska by the way) this would be in lights on CNN and the rest. But she is a conservative woman who is pro life which is a henious crime in a similar form to a Black republican who has shunned his/her dems- plantation negro roots.
    C'mon arnie, the only thing that's scary is the appalling ignorance(and ugliness) of her fans. And actually, it's more amusing than it is scary...

To wit, my limey friend:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1..._n_367800.html

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Rogers

"This is the thing to bomb. This is the beginning—from "I" to "we". If you who own the things people must have could understand this, you might preserve yourself. If you could separate causes from results, if you could know that Paine, Marx, Jefferson, Lenin were results, not causes, you might survive. But that you cannot know. For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I", and cuts you off forever from the "we"."
    - John Steinbeck.
    God Bless John Steinbeck. Damn shame nobody reads his stuff anymore.