Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Norma
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    Quote Originally Posted by Norma
    Same thing happened with the Dodge Intrepids of 1999-2002, the 2.7 engine came with an area where sludge would build up near the oil pump , and even if you kept if with new oil, did oil changes and plenty of oil, the engine would still seize up. Add that to the fact that it was a small engine for such a big car, causing a lot of cooling/overheating issues.

Stupid Dodge would not even replace the engine even under full coverage warranty. They would say it was caused by you not doing the oil changes on time, with them. If you did the oil changes yourself, or other reputable oil change/lube business, Dodge would claim that those people did a substandard job. Never buying a dodge again.

http://www.oilsludge.com/
    Engine & car size are not going to cause over heatin..... or the cooling system itself were simply underdesigned.
    exactly what I said. The engine runs hot because of the load of the size of the car, so it has to have an adequate cooling system. Which, on the Intrepid, *I used to own one* is tiny. So yes, that's why I insulted the Intrepid engine and it's cooling system as inferior.
    It's ok, I got it. For some reason people here just like to argue points that are unarguable. The dodge Durango is supposedly known as having a sludge engine. I have a friend with one of those, and a friend who just bought an avenger. I hope it works out for her.

"I don't see it that way. I see it as a complete and total betrayal of my testicles!"

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by paulgutierrez
    Quote Originally Posted by sucka4chix
    As I would've theorized, the problem stems from the fact that the 2.5 powerplant has a small valve overlap, so the exhaust valves are still open briefly during the intake stroke... That's how an exhaust can suck (literally)! And that's prolly why the 6 banger doesn't have this problem.
    I thought I wanted a Z or the Infiniti equivalent, but this kinda turned me off. If you think about it, you don't see alotta older Nissans!
    I used to see a couple old sentras around. But cash for clunkers have dramatically reduced most old cars in general. However as I said the authentically Japanese Z and Infiniti line up are completely different Nissans especially when you're comparing them to the Tennesee built Altima. Have a look through consumer reports or any car review site to see the types of awards the Z has won. Personaly I think the Z is ugly and getting an entirely different car would be a good idea. I would get anything AWD, preferably a rally car.
    I have much disdain for awards. They're so skewed and political. Everytime I see that commercial for the Altima saying it's rated number 1 in initial quality I start fuming! But it is a great car for about a year, so I guess they didn't lie. And they have changed the defective part finally so maybe it's better now. I really want a used Toyota Supra, but they are way over valued, so I thought about the Z. I like the G35 better, but I don't like the new styling (G38?) and it's outta my price range anyhow.

"I don't see it that way. I see it as a complete and total betrayal of my testicles!"

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BLKGSXR
    I'm impressed only took you 12 minutes to look that up! You still didn't tell me where the cat was. And when you find that out, then tell me why a fragmenting cat can't damage the O2 sensor. I know mechanics in West Va with certification, and they can't even read. It's people like you who are so full themselves that ruin it for those who want to learn something. Humility-- go look it up too!
    and yet your not certified when you do then you can tell me whats up...A oxygen sensor is nothing but a fine tuning device...Heat,time,and liquids such as unburnt fuel,coolant,oil,etc will destroy them they do not last forever. Sucka you are a fool if you think you know more than anyone else.LATED!
    What I asked you was to explain why you think a fragmenting catalyst can't damage an O2 sensor, not what you've seen damage an O2 sensor.
    You've had plenty of time to formulate a theory. It only took you a minute to shoot down what I said. Why is it so hard to explain why what I said was wrong.
    Yes I would be a fool if I thought I was smarter than everyone, but I don't think that. I can learn something from everyone. You're the one who acts like he knows everything, which you're right, makes you foolish.
    I am certified, but my "certs" are federal.

Quote Originally Posted by BLKGSXR
    I'm impressed only took you 12 minutes to look that up! You still didn't tell me where the cat was. And when you find that out, then tell me why a fragmenting cat can't damage the O2 sensor. I know mechanics in West Va with certification, and they can't even read. It's people like you who are so full themselves that ruin it for those who want to learn something. Humility-- go look it up too!
    and yet your not certified when you do then you can tell me whats up...A oxygen sensor is nothing but a fine tuning device...Heat,time,and liquids such as unburnt fuel,coolant,oil,etc will destroy them they do not last forever. Sucka you are a fool if you think you know more than anyone else.LATED!
    What I asked you was to explain why you think a fragmenting catalyst can't damage an O2 sensor, not what you've seen damage an O2 sensor.
    You've had plenty of time to formulate a theory. It only took you a minute to shoot down what I said. Why is it so hard to explain why what I said was wrong.
    Yes I would be a fool if I thought I was smarter than everyone, but I don't think that. I can learn something from everyone. You're the one who acts like he knows everything, which you're right, makes you foolish.
    I am certified, but my "certs" are federal.
    Im never going to take you seriously dude you reply sarcastically so you get an asshole reply, nothing more nothing less but to indulge you...when a cat goes bad it rattles like all hell heres a pic of the insides of a cat...nothing in it can make an 02 sensor go bad but a Bad 02 sensor can make your cat go bad by over saturating it with fuel, they have limits and can only do so much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	catalyticconverter_112.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	286617  

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Professional Poster

OK, now go back and read my posts. Altima has a cat and a pre-cat. I said technically it's the pre-cat that is coming apart. Any particle that can damage cylinder walls, which is what it is doing can certainly damage a sensor. I never said the sensor went bad. I said the tip was sheared off! So hot oil broke the tip off the sensor? Or maybe there are moving parts in the exhaust I don't know about. You don't have to watch CSI to tell something hit the sensor... I can show you a pic when I get back home.
    Like I also said, I didn't pay any attention to the sensor, it was someone else who pointed it out to me and told me it would be a waste of time replacing it because by the time you get it to be inspected that ones going to be damaged. But everybody's wrong and you're right. I'm sorry.

Professional Poster

Junior Poster

As I would've theorized, the problem stems from the fact that the 2.5 powerplant has a small valve overlap, so the exhaust valves are still open briefly during the intake stroke... That's how an exhaust can suck (literally)! And that's prolly why the 6 banger doesn't have this problem.
    I thought I wanted a Z or the Infiniti equivalent, but this kinda turned me off. If you think about it, you don't see alotta older Nissans!
    I used to see a couple old sentras around. But cash for clunkers have dramatically reduced most old cars in general. However as I said the authentically Japanese Z and Infiniti line up are completely different Nissans especially when you're comparing them to the Tennesee built Altima. Have a look through consumer reports or any car review site to see the types of awards the Z has won. Personaly I think the Z is ugly and getting an entirely different car would be a good idea. I would get anything AWD, preferably a rally car.
    I have much disdain for awards. They're so skewed and political. Everytime I see that commercial for the Altima saying it's rated number 1 in initial quality I start fuming! But it is a great car for about a year, so I guess they didn't lie. And they have changed the defective part finally so maybe it's better now. I really want a used Toyota Supra, but they are way over valued, so I thought about the Z. I like the G35 better, but I don't like the new styling (G38?) and it's outta my price range anyhow.
    I used to be stationed in Tokyo at Yokota Air base, where all japanese sports cars were cheap as hell except for the insurance. I had a Nissan Silvia at the time because it was naturally aspirated. But yeah Supras will definitely be overpriced on US soil just due to its rarity and hype. Its production ended years ago. Dont buy one here unless its in perfect factory condition and the highest end model. Also chances are itll be modified and you dont want that. So its worth it just to import one rather than looking for one here.

Professional Poster

Also chances are itll be modified and you dont want that. So its worth it just to import one rather than looking for one here.
    Never really considered import route. Can you get a lh drive? Yeah I know most of 'em are modded. There's a place back home that specializes in them-- that's all they sell and claimed they'll find what you're looking 4, but I haven't been there yet.

Junior Poster

Also chances are itll be modified and you dont want that. So its worth it just to import one rather than looking for one here.
    Never really considered import route. Can you get a lh drive? Yeah I know most of 'em are modded. There's a place back home that specializes in them-- that's all they sell and claimed they'll find what you're looking 4, but I haven't been there yet.
    Probably not but im sure theres some costly conversions in case you like drive-thru as much as me.

Wouldnt get one as a daily driver.

Professional Poster

Thanks for the info. Yeah I'm currently not in the daily driver market. I'm never home so basically looking for the "guy perpetratin' outside at the club" mobile (as if I still go clubbin', lol)