Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Same thing happened with the Dodge Intrepids of 1999-2002, the 2.7 engine came with an area where sludge would build up near the oil pump , and even if you kept if with new oil, did oil changes and plenty of oil, the engine would still seize up. Add that to the fact that it was a small engine for such a big car, causing a lot of cooling/overheating issues.

Stupid Dodge would not even replace the engine even under full coverage warranty. They would say it was caused by you not doing the oil changes on time, with them. If you did the oil changes yourself, or other reputable oil change/lube business, Dodge would claim that those people did a substandard job. Never buying a dodge again.

http://www.oilsludge.com/

Lol Nubs

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Quote Originally Posted by Norma
    Same thing happened with the Dodge Intrepids of 1999-2002, the 2.7 engine came with an area where sludge would build up near the oil pump , and even if you kept if with new oil, did oil changes and plenty of oil, the engine would still seize up. Add that to the fact that it was a small engine for such a big car, causing a lot of cooling/overheating issues.

Stupid Dodge would not even replace the engine even under full coverage warranty. They would say it was caused by you not doing the oil changes on time, with them. If you did the oil changes yourself, or other reputable oil change/lube business, Dodge would claim that those people did a substandard job. Never buying a dodge again.

Engine & car size are not going to cause over heating.

If there is overheating something is wrong. Either the cooling system is leaking, the radiator fins have corroded off, the system is full of crud, the cooling system isn't getting enough airflow, the water pump is being spun the wrong way, or the cooling system itself were simply underdesigned.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG

If there is overheating something is wrong. Either the cooling system is leaking, the radiator fins have corroded off, the system is full of crud, the cooling system isn't getting enough airflow, the water pump is being spun the wrong way, or the cooling system itself were simply underdesigned.
    Or ask your friendly Mechanic-too bad im not friendly lol ^_^ fucking NUBS dont know shit about cars, I guess everyone knows EVERYTHING right sarah lol these fucking nutswingers

PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Quote Originally Posted by BLKGSXR
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahG

Or ask your friendly Mechanic-too bad im not friendly lol ^_^ fucking NUBS dont know shit about cars, I guess everyone knows EVERYTHING right sarah lol these fucking nutswingers
    Well hey, you have to walk before you can run. No one starts off being an expert on anything.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

While I agree with not buying Nissan, I think you have your facts wrong. I used to be a Nissan/Infiniti grease monkey, and their product is overrated, but not at all substandard.
    And while catalytic converters do sometimes go bad, it is impossible for parts to 'get sucked into the engine'. The converter is part of the exhaust system, well past whatever is happening in the engine, and it does not recirculate. So any mechanic who claims that pieces from it are harming the engine are either lying or incompetent.
    Now, having said that, a clogged/defective converter can cause the engine to run poorly, due to inefficiency and poor flow, which can trigger several fault codes and a noticeable loss in performance.
    Hope this helps some...it's just frustrating to see people suffer from bad information, and head off in a wrong direction

With all due respect Mr Grease Monkey, my facts are not wrong. I know where a cat-con is and what it does. It made little sense to me to, but a little research will show this to be true. I've even read somewhere how particles get sucked in the exhaust, but since I'm on my iPhone finding that on the web would be a bitch. It's irrelevant anyway. The fact is that the cat (technically it's the pre-cat) is a piece of shit and it is causing engine damage. Go to Nissan and talk to someone above grease monkey level and they will tell you so!
    The first code my friend got was for ox sensor. When I removed the sensor it was sheared off. I took it to O'reiilly and the guy looked at it and said "You've got engine damage. Your catalytic converter is coming apart, that's what ruined this sensor. I know. I used to work at Nissan"
    Then the car started coding for the cat, which is a dealer item only, but until recently, even if you replaced it you were gonna get the same defective pos because the assholes never changed the part.
    I'm just trying to help other people so if youre not gonna be helpful please stfu, because YOUR ignorance is not helpful. Go buy one and see what happens!
    @staggerlee- Totally Agree

ox sensor? you mean oxygen sensor...nothing but an input signal to the computer telling it if the Air Fuel is too Rich or Lean so the computer can correct it,the cat cant fuck these up-contamination such as coolant or oil etc. can and time kill o2 sensor...sucka before you talk out your ass at least ask if anyone knows cars and blah blah blah.... because your OFF POINT

PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Professional Poster

Not that I started this thread to argue about what people think they know about cars, but what did I say about an oxygen sensor that you think is off
    point. Surely you're not thinking because I wrote ox instead of oxygen I don't know what it is. I woulda put O2 but that looks silly without the subscript 2. Unlike you jerks, I rarely go off half cocked. I would not have posted this if I didn't know what I was talking about. Now I don't know how much you know about cars and don't assume you to be an idiot like you wrongfully do me, but since we're making dumbassed unfounded guesses, I'm guessing you're one of the thousands of people who have rebuilt engines and shit BUT STILL DONT UNDERSTAND SHIT!!! There are plenty of mechanics who can fix the hell outta your car that don't understand how it works. All most mechanics know is what they've done hundreds of times.
    Like I said before, this is a PSA to anyone who owns a 2.5 Altima, and if that doesn't apply to you or you just wanna spread some negativity, please (last time I say please) keep your ignorant comments in your ignorant head.
    Oh and do you mean newb? I don't know what a nub is I guess anymore than you know what a ox is.

"I don't see it that way. I see it as a complete and total betrayal of my testicles!"

Professional Poster

Btw, if anymore so called "experts" (laughing uncontrollably) question my knowledge on this matter feel free to query me. I may not be able to answer your questions about the proper offset for your 22" rims, but I guarantee I'm infinitely more knowledgeable about the 2004 altima and it's exhaust system. So don't just throw rocks, ask questions, that is if you know enough to ask.

"I don't see it that way. I see it as a complete and total betrayal of my testicles!"

Professional Poster

Wow recalls, what a novelty! What's frustrating is I believe they did a recall for the catalytic converter in Canada, but no such recall in the US!