Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Asia
    Quote Originally Posted by JINNOGO
    Bruce Lee is more mythologic then legend, due to all of the exploitation from hollywood. Sad but true
    You need to go back and re-learn MMA...Bruce Lee and his Jeet Kun Do is the father of MMA...
    Co-sign. His philosophy was simple: it was all about abandoning adherence to strict forms and going with whatever worked in the quickest, most efficient manner.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Quote Originally Posted by DC
    People who say grappling is gay have issues with there own sexuality, let a Jiu Jitsu or Judo guy get you on the ground and you will find out how gay it is when you are taking you last breath..
    haha true stuff though

Junior Poster

Bruce Lee is more mythologic then legend, due to all of the exploitation from hollywood. Sad but true
    You need to go back and re-learn MMA...Bruce Lee and his Jeet Kun Do is the father of MMA...

And yes in the same weight class,in a standup match he would clean house
    Dude I know this but he was not the first one with that fighting philosophy.
    He is just took advantage of his fame to spread out that philsophy.

MMA evolved with trial and error. Now MMA is no diffrent from Bruce lee's jeet kun do way of thinking.

Bruce lee never competed, so we both do not know how well he would do in MMA competition. This is why I call him a mythology because people just dream too much!

And yes in the same weight class,in a standup match he would clean house
    Dude I know this but he was not the first one with that fighting philosophy.
    He is just took advantage of his fame to spread out that philsophy.

MMA evolved with trial and error. Now MMA is no diffrent from Bruce lee's jeet kun do way of thinking.

Bruce lee never competed, so we both do not know how well he would do in MMA competition. This is why I call him a mythology because people just dream too much!
    True Lee did not compete,however unless he had a glass jaw I doubt anyone could match his strength,speed and skill.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/23745/bruce_lee_training/

Rookie Poster

DJ...all of bruce lee's talents would be negated once on the ground...BL wouldnt last a round with penn or st pierre...

Quote Originally Posted by MISTERCEE
    DJ...all of bruce lee's talents would be negated once on the ground...BL wouldnt last a round with penn or st pierre...
    if bruce lee was taken down to the ground ..it would be over
    bruce lee would have to learn some jiu jitsu ,wrestling, and have some takedown defense

No argument here.If you re-read my original post I did in fact state a "stand-up" match

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Caff_Racer
    I have yet to grasp the entertainment value of watching two individuals punching each other in the head. And why do people pay good money to watch it? They can see the same pathetic spectacle for free on Friday and Saturday nights when chavs take swings at each other outside pubs and in nightclub carparks.
    typical, uninformed, uneducated MMA-hater opinion. carry on trolling.

Rookie Poster

No argument here.If you re-read my original post I did in fact state a "stand-up" match
    k1 rules? yeah no question.

Though its hard for anyone to think that had Bruce came up today in his prime he wouldnt have added BJJ to his vast repetoire of skills.His discipline,philosophies and training were/are unparalled.The fact is BJJ didnt gain a foothold outside of Brasil til after Bruce passed away.