Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dirky
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    Just give me Christopher Lee and Hammer and you can keep the Twilight crap.

Sarah absolutely rocks on this thread, btw.
    I'm just voicing my frustrations, well, some of them. There are plenty and plenty of things I could be bitching about with this movie...
    I don't know what's more disturbing, Peter Murphy appearing in an upcoming Twilight or just the fact that there's going to be another sequel.
    As long as they don't conscript siouxsie into an appearance.

The peter murphy part is probably all my fault, I mentioned the idea sarcastically on HA a few weeks ago saying something to the effect that "it would be like finding peter murphy in a twilight convention."

Seriously tired of having stuff I say when I am intending to be cynical playing out IRL.

Hmm, what are the odds that David Slade lurks on HA and got the idea from my post?!
    I guess you can't blame him in a way. More publicity = more albums sold. It also might turn more young people on to the Bauhaus. I'm sure Siouxsie would appear in a Twilight too if they asked her.
    There is one way they could fix this;

Throw the book and the script in the trash. Set it on fire, and pretend it never existed.

Fire everyone. The writers, directors, managers, producers, actors and actresses. SPARE NO ONE.

Then hand it over to peter murphy and have him fix this mess.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Damn Vampire Kids!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vamp_kids_motivational_poster_by_em_187.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	284671  

Great post!
    Just the other day someone said the same thing to me.
    Hilarious!

"That's what i thought you said."

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by gotchagood
    I hate the new vampires!!! They have humanized them to the point that they are now glamorized. They're supposed to be the "UNDEAD" not someone you'd want to hang out with! I saw the new vampire movie Vampires Assistant, what a joke. Not only do they "not" turn into bats, wolves and creatures of the night; they don't even neck bite anymore!! They say they're redoing Bramm Stokers Dracula (his grandson or great grandson) except with a lesbian side kick, as if Dracula needs a partner. I hope they don't destroy a great classic.

Have a great day
    I would rather hang out with an "undead" vampire of the classical variety than edward cullen.
    I'm with ya on that one

Professional Poster

ive never really cared too much about the whole vampire genre but i wouldnt be caught dead in a twilight movie
    that said i rather enjoyed the dead hobo in the freezer, sucking fat cats blood, getting drunk by first making a hobo drunk then drinking his blood, going out at sunrise and waking up in a cheerleader outfit sticky with her boyfriends cum type vampire in some of my favourite books

Quote Originally Posted by Yoite
    My favorite Vampire:

(If you know what this is from I love you...)
    pro tip if you say something like this make sure the filename is scrambled

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Did you guys know that Lon Chaney Sr was the actor originally planned to play Dracula? Unfortunately, he passed away in 1930. Bela Lugosi was playing the character on stage and was chosen for the role. Bela was great but Chaney would have been interesting too. Lon Chaney's make-up in London After Midnight was sinister looking.

But it is true, the sex appeal of the older movies was just one of many characteristics those films used to draw crowds. The horror component, the component that Dino mentioned in the OP of scaring people, was a major part of why people went to see the genre.

Since all the newer movies have is the sex appeal, you could argue that the two are just not the same thing.
    They're certainly being SOLD on the sex appeal alone, as I said previously, no question about that, but I'd hardly say that that's all they have that makes them popular.

Fair enough, I don't mean to imply that the books or the newer movies aren't (or can't be) enjoyable- I just don't see them as being anywhere close to the same as the classic examples of the genre. Things have changed, and I for one would like it if hollywood was willing to make some along the classic mechanics again.
    Again, agreed. And I think that the classic style could be done very well today... and, if done the right way, would sell based on that alone. If done properly and marketed well enough, it could even gross as much as, if not more than, the Twilight films. There IS an audience there, and a very large one at that, but getting Hollywood to figure out how to make them show up is the problem. They want to do everything the easy way these days. Unfortunately, they're in one of the very rare businesses in which you can pretty regularly get ridiculously more money back than what you've put into your product. It's made them lazy.

Inventor of the Zapata Tube.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

With all this Vampire talk I had to watch the one that began it all.

Such a great movie but I always find myself torn between watching it with the tinted frames, or untinted.

I have both versions and it really changes the feel of the whole thing.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Veteran Poster

On a similar note, I loved "In the Shadow of the Vampire". with Dafoe and Malkovich. That was just plain cool.

Every moment of one's existence one is growing into more or retreating into less.—Norman Mailer