Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dc_guy_75
    It wasn't enjoyable seeing Candis in drag, Nip/Tuck jumped the shark a long time ago.

She looked very good as a woman nonetheless.

I can't imagine she enjoyed the character tho.
    i dont see her as the type to take on a role she doesnt like

if u listen to the lines... it was all about explaining her POV on having surg to become the person on the outside that you already are on the inside

to do that w/ her as a character.... she would have to be a m2f wanting to become an f2m

still.... as someone said... they went off the deep end seasons ago.... i was at best buy buying the new gone w/ the wind set and all seasons of N/T were $15.... i picked them all up, dug through the bin to get them all shortly b4 i dumped them all right back in when i came to my sences

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci View Post
    Candis Cayne is overrated. I'm sorry but it's true. She's yet another transwoman that I don't feel represents the depth of our demographic and is only marginally talented. In short, she's merely a gimmick.

~BB~
    I would totally have to disagree.
    Candis has dancing skills, acting skils and a look that main stream America needed to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    Well I though Candis was as gorgeous and elegant and talented as ever, but her character threw me for a loop when she told Christian she wanted to reverse her SRS. Did not see that coming. I wonder how she felt playing that role? Are they running out of "tranny tricks" for shock value? Comments?

Also found it hard to believe that Christian, being the talented plastic surgeon he is, did not clock her early on or while they were screwing. You'd think there'd be all sorts of subtle things that he would pick up on professionally...or maybe he was simply too distracted (I know I would be).
    Its TV duhhhh

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TsVanessa69 View Post
    Candis has dancing skills, acting skils and a look that main stream America needed to see.
    Vanessa, I would have to co-sign on your statement as well. I don't think Candis is a gimmick at all.

Blood's thicker like a virgin's pussy on Homecoming.

If you say so. I actually find her a bit overdone and queenish. TS women come from places other than the drag scene ya know? That said, she's a great ambassador for that aspect of the community but I don't feel she's a good overall representation of the TS demographic. That's just my opinion.

~BB~
    We are very diverse, so no one ts would ever be abled to represent the entire TS demograpic.

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

I have to admit: I'm a tough critic, but time will tell I guess. If she's given more opportunities to show us what she's got then maybe I'll change my mind.

~BB~

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

I have to admit: I'm a tough critic, but time will tell I guess. If she's given more opportunities to show us what she's got then maybe I'll change my mind.

~BB~
    She has said before that she doesn't want to be a spokesperson for TS community. In my opinion, she probably helped change some people idea of trans people with her role on Dirty Sexy Money.

Blood's thicker like a virgin's pussy on Homecoming.

~BB~
    Having worked with her, and seeing all she has done since BEFORE she transitioned, I know she is more than a gimmick! She is taking us to a level we long neede to be, showing the world we are more than fuck toys or dudes in wigs. She is professional, articulate and always a lady. You have to give props where props are due.

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

We are very diverse, so no one ts would ever be abled to represent the entire TS demograpic.
    True, but it's because the community is so diverse that it makes it difficult for outsiders to understand us. They expect most minority groups to provide them representatives and we can't have thousands of them, so I think we should be very selective before putting any candidates on a pedestal, especially when they don't want to be there as Candis has stated.

Like I said, I'm a tough critic, that's all. It's nothing personal or anything. I'm just really, really picky when it comes to selecting people who I think would do us proud in the eyes of the world at large and I don't agree with the idea that so many transwomen have that it should be an entertainer. For me a trans role model or representative would have to be a kind of cross between Candis and Amanda Simpson.

~BB~

Last edited by BellaBellucci; 05-31-2010 at 01:33 AM.

Eternal optimist Junior Poster beatlephil's Avatar

Default Re: CANDIS CAYNE ON NIP/TUCK 11/18/09

Ditto.

Last edited by beatlephil; 06-16-2012 at 03:30 AM.
    beatlephil