Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default Sounds good on the outside (Heathcare passed the House)

Just a quick meander from the lovely ladies of this forum. Though the House Healthcare Bill which just passed sounds good in bold type, the fine print implications are potentially dire. Granted, trying to predict anything in politics/economics is like Chaos Theory, outcomes are unpredictable. But does a trillion dollar program when the deficit is exploding make sense?

this guy and his uncontrolled spending is going to ruin us

Default Re: Sounds good on the outside (Heathcare passed the House)

Quote Originally Posted by IGY
    Just a quick meander from the lovely ladies of this forum. Though the House Healthcare Bill which just passed sounds good in bold type, the fine print implications are potentially dire. Granted, trying to predict anything in politics/economics is like Chaos Theory, outcomes are unpredictable. But does a trillion dollar program when the deficit is exploding make sense?
    The plan included the Stupak amendment

Suffice to say, our congress just took access to abortions away from millions of Americans.

As things work today, abortions and similar treatments are almost always paid for in the US by private insurance. The Stupak amendment essentially stripped all plans offered by the exchange from covering abortions... including the private policies. This will be the only affordable way to get health insurance for most Americans once put into effect.

I hate to say, "I told you so", but, I told you so.

And now that we've set a prescient where our congress can take away peoples access to health care based on so-called morality views, mark my words trans health care is next, as well as certain kinds of contraceptives. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow- but its inevitable.

But what do I know?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1..._n_349468.html

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

But does a trillion dollar program when the deficit is exploding make sense?
    When Congress spends money they don't have it's called deficite spending; but if I do it, it's called fraud.

Just because I'm telling you this story doesn't mean that I'm alive at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by loren
    But does a trillion dollar program when the deficit is exploding make sense?
    When Congress spends money they don't have it's called deficite spending; but if I do it, it's called fraud.
    When you do it, it's called a loan. Most people when they buy cars or houses don't have the cash to pay in full.

Rookie Poster

I believe this behemoth of a bill contains the public option. And since the government has done so well administering other federal programs....social security-oops, bankrupt; post office-oops, bankrupt; medicare.....you get the idea. I am sure this one will go off without a hitch.

I believe this behemoth of a bill contains the public option.
    It did contain a public option that included abortion, until the democrats let their antiabortionist colleagues add the aforementioned amendment.

Junior Poster

Getting rid of abortion is bad because I hate children but then again 50 million abortions have been done since Roe V Wade and that is just alot of dead shrimp babies aka fetuses.

Gold Poster

Ignoring a problem that is unsustainable and will end up costing more down the road also does not make sense. Did you also feel this way when Bush added trillions to the debt, or do you just intuitively expect more from Democrats?

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

Rookie Poster

Ignoring a problem that is unsustainable and will end up costing more down the road also does not make sense. Did you also feel this way when Bush added trillions to the debt, or do you just intuitively expect more from Democrats?[/quote]

Am I pegged as right wing because I don't like legislation that even the Wall Street Journal called, "The Worst Bill Ever."? Or was your question sincere?