Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Sounds good on the outside (Heathcare passed the House)

Quote Originally Posted by IGY
    Ignoring a problem that is unsustainable and will end up costing more down the road also does not make sense. Did you also feel this way when Bush added trillions to the debt, or do you just intuitively expect more from Democrats?

Am I pegged as right wing because I don't like legislation that even the Wall Street Journal called, "The Worst Bill Ever."? Or was your question sincere?[/quote]Err your press said that this bill based on our NHS would have "Death Boards". I couldnt care less about the accuracy of US press about this bill..

Abortions denied to millions? Well if you can afford an abortion you can afford Condoms or to fucking keep your legs crossed. Boo hoo.. Big loss.

You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

~BB~

Veteran Poster

so very good that's it's passed. still a lot to do but this was one
    huge step and movement for America.

most powerful country in the entire world now (and finally) has universal
    healthcare for americans, after generations and generations, decades
    and decades, promises after promises, polictical partisans after
    partisans, and presidents after presidents, it's finally been done, despite
    the lobbyists, scare tactics, special interest groups, and even private
    insurers mounting millions of dollars to try to halt this movement.while we still have those that insist Obama is "trying to do too much, too
    soon" , no US president in our lifetime has fought as hard and strenuous while having to go through so much opposition, we finally have a president who kept fighting hard and never let up
    in helping deliver healthcare reform, we finally have someone in office who didnt just promise healthcare ..and then sweep it under the rug until
    the next election campaign. No one president in our history has fought
    as hard while going thru so much obstacles and opposition in trying to
    get healthcare.
    Change we can believe in , ...yes we can !!

Quote Originally Posted by pantybulge69
    so very good that's it's passed. still a lot to do but this was one
    huge step and movement for America.

most powerful country in the entire world now (and finally) has universal
    healthcare for americans, after generations and generations, decades
    and decades, promises after promises, polictical partisans after
    partisans, and presidents after presidents, it's finally been done, despite
    the lobbyists, scare tactics, special interest groups, and even private
    insurers mounting millions of dollars to try to halt this movement.while we still have those that insist Obama is "trying to do too much, too
    soon" , no US president in our lifetime has fought as hard and strenuous while having to go through so much opposition, we finally have a president who kept fighting hard and never let up
    in helping deliver healthcare reform, we finally have someone in office who didnt just promise healthcare ..and then sweep it under the rug until
    the next election campaign. No one president in our history has fought
    as hard while going thru so much obstacles and opposition in trying to
    get healthcare.
    Change we can believe in , ...yes we can !!
    The democratic party owns both houses and the president....do you really believe this was the hardest battle ever?? ..get some perspective.

Junior Poster

All I can say is well done. You'll still have the most expensive system in the world no doubt.

Gold Poster

Am I pegged as right wing because I don't like legislation that even the Wall Street Journal called, "The Worst Bill Ever."? Or was your question sincere?
    My question was legit/sincere. Your concern initially was the cost of health care reform in light of the current economic malaise this country is experiencing today, and then you move on to quote The Wall Street Journal to bolster your position, a conservative publication rarely in line with anything left-wing or Democrat, and owned by none other than Rupert Murdoch.
    If you want to bash the cost of any federal program, fine. I have no problem with that. If you, however, are only scolding the costs of programs supported by Democrats while ignoring how Dubya or Reagan broke the treasury and the economic legacy they left, then yeah, I would sense you were right-wing, thus coming at all this through a highly partisan stance. ...So clear it up for me?

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Realgirls4me
    Am I pegged as right wing because I don't like legislation that even the Wall Street Journal called, "The Worst Bill Ever."? Or was your question sincere?
    My question was legit/sincere. Your concern initially was the cost of health care reform in light of the current economic malaise this country is experiencing today, and then you move on to quote The Wall Street Journal to bolster your position, a conservative publication rarely in line with anything left-wing or Democrat, and owned by none other than Rupert Murdoch.
    If you want to bash the cost of any federal program, fine. I have no problem with that. If you, however, are only scolding the costs of programs supported by Democrats while ignoring how Dubya or Reagan broke the treasury and the economic legacy they left, then yeah, I would sense you were right-wing, thus coming at all this through a highly partisan stance. ...So clear it up for me?
    Thanks for your reply. For whatever it's worth I am an equal opportunity basher when it comes to, what I feel is, wreckless spending. In my lifetime I've yet to see any administration make a sincere effort, not a political jesture nor robbing Peter to pay Paul, towards fiscal responsibility. And I count initiating wars in countries where there's little chance of facilitating lasting change, in the same ballpark. We need to get out of Afghanistan.

Quote Originally Posted by FREEFALLL666
    Abortions denied to millions? Well if you can afford an abortion you can afford Condoms or to fucking keep your legs crossed. Boo hoo.. Big loss.
    Yea that's ri... oh wait, some people who get abortions are rape victims. Not everyone who gets an abortion is a slut.

However this is just a footnote, the bigger problem is that we're letting the government decide what medical treatments we should have easy access to. Do you want to be the one deciding your medical care, or do you want DC doing it?

I can't think of any world where the later would be a good scenario. They can't do anything right. Letting them decide coverage is a big fucking disaster.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Banned for being a shit stain on humanity. Junior Poster

Yea, sounds great. I especially like the part where you go to jail if you do not contribute. This is a "living tax". Another kewl aspect is that this tax goes into the general fund.

"PELOSI: Buy a $15,000 Policy or Go to Jail
    JCT Confirms Failure to Comply with Democrats’ Mandate Can Lead to 5 Years in Jail
    Friday, November 06, 2009

Today, Ranking Member of the House Ways and Means Committee Dave Camp (R-MI) released a letter from the non-partisan Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) confirming that the failure to comply with the individual mandate to buy health insurance contained in the Pelosi health care bill (H.R. 3962, as amended) could land people in jail. The JCT letter makes clear that Americans who do not maintain “acceptable health insurance coverage” and who choose not to pay the bill’s new individual mandate tax (generally 2.5% of income), are subject to numerous civil and criminal penalties, including criminal fines of up to $250,000 and imprisonment of up to five years.

In response to the JCT letter, Camp said: “This is the ultimate example of the Democrats’ command-and-control style of governing – buy what we tell you or go to jail. It is outrageous and it should be stopped immediately.”

Key excerpts from the JCT letter appear below:

“H.R. 3962 provides that an individual (or a husband and wife in the case of a joint return) who does not, at any time during the taxable year, maintain acceptable health insurance coverage for himself or herself and each of his or her qualifying children is subject to an additional tax.” [page 1]

- - - - - - - - - -

“If the government determines that the taxpayer’s unpaid tax liability results from willful behavior, the following penalties could apply…” [page 2]

- - - - - - - - - -

“Criminal penalties

Prosecution is authorized under the Code for a variety of offenses. Depending on the level of the noncompliance, the following penalties could apply to an individual:

• Section 7203 – misdemeanor willful failure to pay is punishable by a fine of up to $25,000 and/or imprisonment of up to one year.

• Section 7201 – felony willful evasion is punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment of up to five years.” [page 3]

When confronted with this same issue during its consideration of a similar individual mandate tax, the Senate Finance Committee worked on a bipartisan basis to include language in its bill that shielded Americans from civil and criminal penalties. The Pelosi bill, however, contains no similar language protecting American citizens from civil and criminal tax penalties that could include a $250,000 fine and five years in jail.

Speaker Pelosi’s decision to leave in the jail time provision is a threat to every family who cannot afford the $15,000 premium her plan creates. Fortunately, Republicans have an alternative that will lower health insurance costs without raising taxes or cutting Medicare,” said Camp.

According to the Congressional Budget Office the lowest cost family non-group plan under the Speaker’s bill would cost $15,000 in 2016."

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

It still beggars belief that there are American's against public healthcare ... bunch of fucking morons.