Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

talk to the owner, he'll value having good employees more than some manager with nothing to lose will

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by speedstick112
    Update on the boss:

He didn't give me any shit yesterday when he was managing. He even got me to make his steak. Well, that was a good day. I think he's just a moody, edgy guy.

Not changing jobs just yet, especially since it looks like 2-3 of my housemates are getting fired in the near future. Damn I wish I could just be a street musician. I wonder if it would be possible.
    When you've got a day off (preferably on the weekend) give it a go. The only way to find out is to try.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

He didn't give me any shit yesterday when he was managing. He even got me to make his steak.
    Did you do a Dino and give it special gravy?

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Default Re: Boss at work hates me wtf

I work as a cook in a restaurant and we got a new manager recently. Typical ruthless egotistical businessman. Bleh, I don't care but lately he has been blaming me for everything. Even stuff the servers did, even orders taking a long time on a station I have nothing to do with! Now I heard he wants me off the line and working prep the next time I'm in.

Now I'm going to school for a different career but I take my job very seriously and up until now I also had a lot of fun at work. I get along with everyone, I even got the highest mark on the employee review thing. I have no idea why this guy is always on my ass but it's really starting to get to me. The weird part is, he never talks to me at all. He just yells at other people for letting me screw things up. I started freaking out, sometimes during a rush. I'll throw things or go to the back and yell/swear a lot. I think it's my pent up anger.

It's a tricky situation and I don't really know what to do. I want to know why he's like this. A coworker said he's probably a racist or really loves to scapegoat. I can't confront him or even ignore him since he's my boss. Fuck, I used to be a happy guy.

I work for an asshole like this...........I have been targeted several times...............sounds like he wants to ride you until you quit or something.

Good luck but you work for an asshole

GOOD THINGS

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by LilWyte
    talk to the owner, he'll value having good employees more than some manager with nothing to lose will
    Good point

And no special gravy. I make everything to spec