Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by peggygee
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunzee
    i often think about it too what do tgirls do when they get older ... would love to hear from older girls about this ...
    I'm one of the oldest women that I know of. Of the women that I came up
    with, of my contemporaries all are dead, and none died of old age or
    natural causes.

Back in the day, I was wild and adventurous, engaged in a lot of "sex,
    drugs, and rock and roll." But I also knew that I wanted to live a long
    time, and that was a possibilty given the genetics on both sides of my
    family.

Thus I made a good foundation for the future by furthering my education,
    seeking counselling on things that troubled me, and basically solving
    problems in my life that I had the ability too solve.

As a result many of the goals that I strived for in life have been achieved.
    I was able to obtain GRS, I'm clean and sober, I work a mainstream job.
    Basically I have assimilated, and I'm just a regular Black woman, which
    was pretty much what I desired from the onset.

Today, I observe and speak with quite a few younger transwomen, who
    by choice or necessity seem to live only for today.

They appear to live as if their mantra was 'Live fast, die young and leave a
    good looking corpse'
    With all due respect, after the 3 or so years you've been here, I really have to question what the big motivation is behind all of the endorsing you do of SRS. I do know that for for some older TS, its a jealousy/"misery loves company" thing. At this point, I think the urgency for SRS, and even stealth, is nowhere close to what it was when you transitioned. The idea that SRS makes you "complete" is disappearing. The HBS are borderline offensive, although they were indeed all we had to legitimize our yearning to make a little progress for so long. Back in the day, the first thing they did when you said you wanted to transition was give you an orchi, which in retrospect is a very extreme course of action. In contrast, now it's generally the second to last thing girls do.

I also think stats on TS are probably some of the most inaccurate of all. Most TS aren't coming forward to actually say they're TS, unless they work in the adult industry where it only behooves them. In addition, most of the girls doing well in that industry, like most of the ones who regularly post here, are beating the odds of your observation. Stealth girls don't share info. Younger TS have more love and support from they're families and won't face these same struggles that the girls before them did.

And how many not-so-attractive late bloomers do we see, who live to a ripe old age but couldn't pass if they're lives depended on it? They lived 75% of their lives as men, and now they want to champion the cause of going to a 3rd world country and buying a firecracker pussy with their 401k money. But what they do, inadvertently or not, is make us all look like freaks. Look at the UK where they've made srs part of their social medicine program. They're sending brick after dickless brick into the world, and they talk like they represent anyone more than themselves.

So I dunno, Peggy. Maybe you're being helpful, but I think these anecdotes you often share are are a bit insular, if not sanctimonious at times. I have to wonder if you're not romanticizing more about being a crusader than you are being an instrument of practical change. Tell me more about what you do for your sisters beyond copy and paste stuff onto forums, and perhaps you'll change my perspective.

Are there potential trappings in the sex worker lifestyle? Yes. But many GGs and gay men are up against the same thing, and no operation is the cure-all. And plenty of pre-ops, in fact, do just fine.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by unctrld1
    i often think about it too what do tgirls do when they get older ... would love to hear from older girls about this ...
    natural causes.

family.

good looking corpse'
    You are not "just a regular Black woman." From what you have revealed to us through your many intelligent posts you are outstanding.

In addition, "regular" Black women don't make it in America. All Black women need a little something more than regular just to get by. At least that's been my observation.

Uhuru Sister Peggy.
    Thank you so much for that, and you're right being Black, a woman, and a
    transwoman can be a challenging thing, and I can see how some would feel
    that it would be easier to just throw in the towel.

But for me, I have always been determined that I would not allow my gender
    or race to hold me back.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Dupre

And how many not-so-attractive late bloomers do we see, who live to a ripe old age but couldn't pass if they're lives depended on it? They lived 75% of their lives as men, and now they want to champion the cause of going to a 3rd world country and buying a firecracker pussy with their 401k money. But what they do, inadvertently or not, is make us all look like freaks. Look at the UK where they've made srs part of their social medicine program. They're sending brick after dickless brick into the world, and they talk like they represent anyone more than themselves.
    Brava I could not have said that better. Careful. Those dickless bricks have teeth. They could bite back if you are too outspoken.

That said much of what Peggy wrote is true, as we all age we slow down. No where here is as energetic as a two year old, and we all look before crossing the street. That's just part of life.

It's like asking what happens to sailors when they get odl.

I'd be extremely proud, and would't dream of stealing your thunder. In fact, I'm proud of you.

But I suppose what I find to be a little unsettling is, many of the gentlemen here say things that are horrible, and you aren't speaking up for your sisters. The damage that's done to a young TS's self-esteem, who might be here observing the madness, imho outweighs the dangers of daydreaming. Furthermore, the backwards thinking that many of these men subscribe to is exactly what makes the path of the typical TS sexworker all the more treacherous.

I can't say that I'm seeing where you've addressed any of my points, but I didn't write that post as a thinly disguised challenge. From my perspective, it was more to bring the convo up to date, and to take some of the shame out of the "game".

5 Star Poster

I can't say that I'm seeing where you've addressed any of my points, but I didn't write that post as a thinly disguised challenge. From my perspective, it was more to bring the convo up to date, and to take some of the shame out of the "game".
    I agreed with most of what you said thus I did not think your points needed addressing.

Perhaps though, peggy was not the one to direct your ire at. Much more deserving would be anyone who is part of a TG organization which degrades those of us who have done sex work. Or anyone, in general, who has achieved a level of mainstream success then acts like their shit don't smell.

That's all I was saying. Just trying to be poetic about it. Guess I failed.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

natural causes.

family.

good looking corpse'
    With all due respect, after the 3 or so years you've been here, I really have to question what the big motivation is behind all of the endorsing you do of SRS. I do know that for for some older TS, its a jealousy/"misery loves company" thing. At this point, I think the urgency for SRS, and even stealth, is nowhere close to what it was when you transitioned. The idea that SRS makes you "complete" is disappearing. The HBS are borderline offensive, although they were indeed all we had to legitimize our yearning to make a little progress for so long. Back in the day, the first thing they did when you said you wanted to transition was give you an orchi, which in retrospect is a very extreme course of action. In contrast, now it's generally the second to last thing girls do.

I also think stats on TS are probably some of the most inaccurate of all. Most TS aren't coming forward to actually say they're TS, unless they work in the adult industry where it only behooves them. In addition, most of the girls doing well in that industry, like most of the ones who regularly post here, are beating the odds of your observation. Stealth girls don't share info. Younger TS have more love and support from they're families and won't face these same struggles that the girls before them did.

So I dunno, Peggy. Maybe you're being helpful, but I think these anecdotes you often share are are a bit insular, if not sanctimonious at times. I have to wonder if you're not romanticizing more about being a crusader than you are being an instrument of practical change. Tell me more about what you do for your sisters beyond copy and paste stuff onto forums, and perhaps you'll change my perspective.

Are there potential trappings in the sex worker lifestyle? Yes. But many GGs and gay men are up against the same thing, and no operation is the cure-all. And plenty of pre-ops, in fact, do just fine.
    Nicole, if I am not mistaken the question was "What happens to tgirls when
    they get old(er)?", and the followup question:

Not what are "the pros and con or merits of GRS."

To those questions I shared some of my insights as an older transwoman. I
    pointed out that I furthered my education, garnered marketable skills, got
    clean and sober, and basically live a mainstream life.

That I had GRS was mentioned as an aside, and by no means was the main
    theme of my response.

I will agree with you that GRS isn't appropriate for everyone, indeed
    transitioning isn't indicated for everyone. Thus by no means am I imploring, or
    encouraging anyone to have GRS as that is a very personal, and life-altering
    decision that does not impact me.

I will say now, I will most likely say again in the future that it was the
    appropriate course of action and the right thing for me, and is by no
    means a case of :

I do know that for for some older TS, its a jealousy/"misery loves company" thing.
    I will add that though I am now a middle-aged woman, that I transitioned at
    a relatively young age, indeed I have been full-time nearly 40 years.

Which is yet another reason why I don't have to copy and paste responses. I
    have done formal academic study on the topic of transsexuality, and I have
    lived it the majority of my life.

Tell me more about what you do for your sisters beyond copy and paste stuff onto forums, and perhaps you'll change my perspective.
    I will also say on the point above that I feel that my record speaks for itself,
    the thousands of posts that I have made on this and other sites, as well as
    my own web site tell the tale. And I have always felt that it was crass to blow
    your own horn about any charitable or phillantropic contributions that one has
    made.

Well I'm hoping that I have sufficiently answering your concerns, and perhaps
    we may all may return to addressing the topic at hand, which is "What
    happens to tgirls when they get old(er)?".

But I suppose what I find to be a little unsettling is, many of the gentlemen here say things that are horrible, and you aren't speaking up for your sisters.
    You're a hypocrite. You say cruel things to people all the time (Rockabilly) and viciously attack other transsexuals using this forum or your blog (http://www.nikki-dupre.com/uncategor...-crossdresser/). You were even called out for your "sadism" here.

You often call me a homosexual, but other times you've insinuated that I'm a transsexual in denial who will begin HRT. How can you reconcile those opposing attempts to impugn me? Easy... for you it's the same thing.

Because the only thing that might separate you from the geriatric autogynephiles is that you're more of a flaming gay man with boobs. If you are a transsexual, and I seriously doubt that, then at best you're a granny tranny who is ill-at-ease with themself. You were nearly 40 years old before you started to transition... that's pretty late, and given the results, this "I'm a transsexual" mantra of yours is about as convincing as any any other leathery queen on a streetcorner insisting he's the Princess of Wales. Repeating it ad nauseum does not make it true, nor does it convince others that their eyes are lying.
    And how many not-so-attractive late bloomers do we see, who live to a ripe old age but couldn't pass if they're lives depended on it?
    Hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by phobun
    But I suppose what I find to be a little unsettling is, many of the gentlemen here say things that are horrible, and you aren't speaking up for your sisters.
    You're a hypocrite. You say cruel things to people all the time (Rockabilly) and viciously attack other transsexuals using this forum or your blog (http://www.nikki-dupre.com/uncategor...-crossdresser/). You were even called out for your "sadism" here.

You often call me a homosexual, but other times you've insinuated that I'm a transsexual in denial who will begin HRT. How can you reconcile those opposing attempts to impugn me? Easy... for you it's the same thing.

Because the only thing that might separate you from the geriatric autogynephiles is that you're more of a flaming gay man with boobs. If you are a transsexual, and I seriously doubt that, then at best you're a granny tranny who is ill-at-ease with themself. You were nearly 40 years old before you started to transition... that's pretty late, and given the results, this "I'm a transsexual" mantra of yours is about as convincing as any any other leathery queen on a streetcorner insisting he's the Princess of Wales. Repeating it ad nauseum does not make it true, nor does it convince others that their eyes are lying.
    And how many not-so-attractive late bloomers do we see, who live to a ripe old age but couldn't pass if they're lives depended on it?
    Hypocrite.
    Ahhh, now we're back in Blanchard territory! You have that agenda and a sense of purpose! "Divide and conquer"! I love when you mix in that master race stuff with TS issues. You're HA's self-appointed Brown Shirt/SS. A true pariah! lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Bla...nder_dysphoria

natural causes.

family.

good looking corpse'

Nicole, if I am not mistaken the question was "What happens to tgirls when
    they get old(er)?", and the followup question:

Not what are "the pros and con or merits of GRS."

To those questions I shared some of my insights as an older transwoman. I
    pointed out that I furthered my education, garnered marketable skills, got
    clean and sober, and basically live a mainstream life.

That I had GRS was mentioned as an aside, and by no means was the main
    theme of my response.

I will agree with you that GRS isn't appropriate for everyone, indeed
    transitioning isn't indicated for everyone. Thus by no means am I imploring, or
    encouraging anyone to have GRS as that is a very personal, and life-altering
    decision that does not impact me.

I will say now, I will most likely say again in the future that it was the
    appropriate course of action and the right thing for me, and is by no
    means a case of :

I do know that for for some older TS, its a jealousy/"misery loves company" thing.
    I will add that though I am now a middle-aged woman, that I transitioned at
    a relatively young age, indeed I have been full-time nearly 40 years.

Which is yet another reason why I don't have to copy and paste responses. I
    have done formal academic study on the topic of transsexuality, and I have
    lived it the majority of my life.

Tell me more about what you do for your sisters beyond copy and paste stuff onto forums, and perhaps you'll change my perspective.
    I will also say on the point above that I feel that my record speaks for itself,
    the thousands of posts that I have made on this and other sites, as well as
    my own web site tell the tale. And I have always felt that it was crass to blow
    your own horn about any charitable or phillantropic contributions that one has
    made.

Well I'm hoping that I have sufficiently answering your concerns, and perhaps
    we may all may return to addressing the topic at hand, which is "What
    happens to tgirls when they get old(er)?".
    Not really. But it does remain consistent with the pattern I see. No biggie.

And btw, what do you think of Ray Blanchard?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Bla...nder_dysphoria

Are you up on this stuff, Peggy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBL_controversy